Pre-Game Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidos

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
If only everything was due to the half back and nothing to do with an under performing pack
Haha, mate I was mainly replying to the “and now is their team traveling?” comment, which clearly implies a team’s form is dependent on the halfback and how he’s playing. But if you want to disregard that, then my other point was that Hynes and Reynolds as individuals are playing much better footy than DCE. And get this… they’re both on nearly half the money!

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Haha, mate I was mainly replying to the “and now is their team traveling?” comment, which clearly implies a team’s form is dependent on the halfback and how he’s playing. But if you want to disregard that, then my other point was that Hynes and Reynolds as individuals are playing much better footy than DCE. And get this… they’re both on nearly half the money!
Hynes imo is a tad overrated. Reno has been a significant addition to the broncs, however their pack has been bloody good and lays him a good foundation each week. Our pack has been better the past two weeks. Let’s hope they do a job on the backs so we can unleash the outside backs. Could be a season defining game this one. For better or worse. I think we’ll do a job in the warriors. Manly 20 plus at home!

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
my other point was that Hynes and Reynolds as individuals are playing much better footy than DCE. And get this… they’re both on nearly half the money!
Hynes has been a revelation but when signed he was unproven as an NRL level half, so his next deal will be way up there. As to Reynolds salary, see the posts above from @Mark from Brisbane, he is on very big money (and I agree, playing very well)(behind a pack that is firing)

Mitch

Bencher
We are just slightly ahead because it’s at home , no more than 2-4 points in it
It's an interesting game mate. I actually listened to Jimmy Smith and Gerard Condon's preview of the game and they both have Manly as 13+ and are very confident about it. Smith said that Manly's effort against the Storm was 'outstanding', with line speed and defensive intent etc, and were beating by Munster.

I actually feel pretty confident about this game, we've been on the road against 3 good side over the past few weeks, back to 4 Pines where we haven't lost this year. I think we'll be up for it.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
My comment is that I find it difficult in a team sport to caste the blame on one player especially when a half backs job is so dependent on go forward

D

Deleted member 26876

It's an interesting game mate. I actually listened to Jimmy Smith and Gerard Condon's preview of the game and they both have Manly as 13+ and are very confident about it. Smith said that Manly's effort against the Storm was 'outstanding', with line speed and defensive intent etc, and were beating by Munster.

I actually feel pretty confident about this game, we've been on the road against 3 good side over the past few weeks, back to 4 Pines where we haven't lost this year. I think we'll be up for it.
I share some confidence but I personally thought that Storm game was a real let down. I thought the Eels game was promising though.

The Storm game was a huge chance to turn things around but we kind of never got going, even though we got given some opportunities to.

Defended ok at times but only when it became desperate. The problem is that even if we defend well 70%-90% of the time, we still seem to have some seriously weak links in that chain.

It all seems just fine until it isn't.... inevitably conceding a painfully soft try.

Typically an edge is at fault (cough cough the right edge), but there are occasional exceptions.

Interested to see how the right edge goes without dce this week. We often see Foz rushing, sliding and dynamic in defence. He holds if needed, moves out if needed, rushes up etc. At the moment we only see indecision and reluctance with dce. It's a frustrating cycle of him holding his ground, waiting, and hesitating until they it pass out wide and take advantage of the overlap. Olakauatu also struggles with line-speed and keeping in sync with the defencive-line, which is another factor.

Dce doesn't seem to trust Olakauatu making one on one tackles in defence (which is pretty wild) and gets drawn in almost every time. Just trust him please holy moly, trust him even when you shouldn't!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan

Journey Man
I'm just glad the games not tonight again, so I don't have a ****ty weekend haha.
Particularly with 500 on Manly.

manly al

First Grader
I share some confidence but I personally thought that Storm game was a real let down. I thought the Eels game was promising though.

The Storm game was a huge chance to turn things around but we kind of never got going, even though we got given some opportunities to.

Defended ok at times but only when it became desperate. The problem is that even if we defend well 70%-90% of the time, we still seem to have some seriously weak links in that chain.

It all seems just fine until it isn't.... inevitably conceding a painfully soft try.

Typically an edge is at fault (cough cough the right edge), but there are occasional exceptions.

Interested to see how the right edge goes without dce this week. While Foran's defencive edge often scrambles and reads the play fine, dce's one falls apart time and time again. Major communication issues between the second-row, half and centre.

Crazily, dce doesn't seem to trust Olakautau (yes, Olakautau) making one on one tackles in defence and gets drawn in almost every time! Even if we lose, it will be nice to not have to watch that this week :D
Does seem a bit odd with Olakautau and Koula being quite solid one on one defenders and yet that side regularly having defensive issues . Then D C E usually capable of some worthwhile one on one defence , communication and positioning the obvious problem and despite his experience level , usually D C E being the issue . Recall the excellent defensive technique with those really good Manly sides of 2008 - 13 or so and the up and in defense but still being able to adjust to spread wide again if needed . Seem to more wait back a bit on that side in particular now instead of committing earlier and not being caught so flat footed on a regular basis . Anyway will be interesting this week if there can be some hopeful improvement on that vulnerable right side

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I’m not a huge DCE basher but geez some of his reads in defence are shocking...have been for quite some time too. He puts his body on the line when making contact but his reads are far too passive...

He likes to give the opposition time and they just pick him off. He needs to make a definitive decision early and trust in it. All this holding, just puts everyone else under pressure. He holds on lead runners week after week after week.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Hynes imo is a tad overrated. Reno has been a significant addition to the broncs, however their pack has been bloody good and lays him a good foundation each week. Our pack has been better the past two weeks. Let’s hope they do a job on the backs so we can unleash the outside backs. Could be a season defining game this one. For better or worse. I think we’ll do a job in the warriors. Manly 20 plus at home!
This could be Koala's break out game we've all been waiting for, all the ingredients are their for this to happen, no DCE, Foran and Schuster calling all the shots, a biggish 4 Pines Park crowd. I agree this could well be a season defining game if we run riot on Sat night, if not it's dark days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14