MANLY V Titans round23, 2018 pre game thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Friday Aug 17 6:00pm AEST Lottoland
Coach: Cartright
Team List:

1 Tom
2 Taufua
3 Suli
4 Kelly
5 Parker
6 Walker
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 Fainu
10 Marty
11 Thompson
12 Penny
13 Jake

14 Hodko
15 Tanginoa
16 Perrett
17 Winerstein

M Wright
T Wright
Pasaka
Sipley

Three in a row here we go!
A win should keep us away from the spoon as eels and dogs have tuff draws.

Last edited:
Every game from here is the MIGOTY, win all three and we could finish as high as 10th.

Even two wins and results going our way could see this happen.

And a much better launching pad for 2019.

And the secret , despite what others keep saying is keeping the same 17 or as close as possible week in week out!!

Last edited:
Imagine winning 3 whole games in a row. I'm worried Barrett's comments about threatening to leave may disrupt this group who seem to have a penchant to using off field issues as an excuse these days.

It’s not what is currently needed now they’ve found their mojo.

Be funny if he plays and absolutely tears us a new one.

Wonder what the haters will say then??

What haters are these ?

Seen a few comments re his obvious defensive issues, nothing too harsh though.
I think 99% of Manly fans would support the guy, if he has a red hot go.

What haters are these ?

It’s the nature of Silvertails at the moment.

Just have a read of the thread and you’ll see it shining through.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/14/manly-warringah-sea-eagles-v-gold-coast-titans-round-23-preview/

The battle among teams to avoid the wooden spoon is almost as intriguing as what's happening at the top end of the Telstra Premiership ladder.

This Friday night clash brings together the 12th and 13th-placed teams, both with 7-14 records.
Sitting just one win behind the Sea Eagles and Titans in a three-way tie for last place are the Cowboys, Bulldogs and Eels - all desperate to avoid finishing at the bottom of the pile.

So with that in mind, this game should be more intense than what you might normally expect from a 12 v 13 duel.

The Sea Eagles are coming off a home win over the Bulldogs,while the Titans let a match-winning lead slip in a golden point loss to Penrith.

Key match-up: AJ Brimson looked right at home in his first game at fullback for the Titans and it remains to be seen if the spot will be his going forward into next season. He'll face a great test in trying to match it with in-form Manly fullback and NSW Origin star Tom Trbojevic this week.

For the Sea Eagles to win: As mentioned, 'Turbo Tom' has been great since returning from a triumphant Origin series in which he was one of the standout performers for NSW. Daly Cherry-Evans has also played well and if the pair maintains their recent form Manly should come away with a victory.

For the Titans to win: Have to feel for Garth Brennan and the Titans after last week's golden point loss. Despite clearly being the better team for a large majority of the game, they still lost, giving up a try in literally the final second of regulation time. So the simple lesson here is to follow one of rugby league's oldest adages - play for 80 minutes.

Sea Eagles Stat Attack: The Titans will have to tie up Martin Taupau every time he carries the ball, though it might be easier said than done. The Sea Eagles prop leads the NRL in off-loads with 64, with Andrew Fifita (62) second.

Titans Stat Attack: Crafty Ash Taylor knows how to create for his teammates, with his 17 try assists tying him with Johnathan Thurston and Luke Keary in first place. But Taylor doesn't always get it right - his 17 handling errors are also the most in the NRL.

And another thing: If the Titans don't win this one, they might not win again this year given they host the Storm and Cowboys in the final two rounds. The same could be said for Manly, with road games against the Wests Tigers and Broncos to close out their 2018 campaign.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans, Friday 6pm at Lottoland

Head-to-head: Played 17; Sea Eagles 1 wins, Titans 7 wins
Previous result: Titans won 32-20 at Marley Brown Oval in round 5
Points per game: Sea Eagles 20.5; Titans 18.9
Points conceded per game: Sea Eagles 24.3; Titans 24.2
Televised: Live on Nine, Fox League

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/14/manly-warringah-sea-eagles-v-gold-coast-titans-round-23-preview/

The battle among teams to avoid the wooden spoon is almost as intriguing as what's happening at the top end of the Telstra Premiership ladder.

This Friday night clash brings together the 12th and 13th-placed teams, both with 7-14 records.
Sitting just one win behind the Sea Eagles and Titans in a three-way tie for last place are the Cowboys, Bulldogs and Eels - all desperate to avoid finishing at the bottom of the pile.

So with that in mind, this game should be more intense than what you might normally expect from a 12 v 13 duel.

The Sea Eagles are coming off a home win over the Bulldogs,while the Titans let a match-winning lead slip in a golden point loss to Penrith.

Key match-up: AJ Brimson looked right at home in his first game at fullback for the Titans and it remains to be seen if the spot will be his going forward into next season. He'll face a great test in trying to match it with in-form Manly fullback and NSW Origin star Tom Trbojevic this week.

For the Sea Eagles to win: As mentioned, 'Turbo Tom' has been great since returning from a triumphant Origin series in which he was one of the standout performers for NSW. Daly Cherry-Evans has also played well and if the pair maintains their recent form Manly should come away with a victory.

For the Titans to win: Have to feel for Garth Brennan and the Titans after last week's golden point loss. Despite clearly being the better team for a large majority of the game, they still lost, giving up a try in literally the final second of regulation time. So the simple lesson here is to follow one of rugby league's oldest adages - play for 80 minutes.

Sea Eagles Stat Attack: The Titans will have to tie up Martin Taupau every time he carries the ball, though it might be easier said than done. The Sea Eagles prop leads the NRL in off-loads with 64, with Andrew Fifita (62) second.

Titans Stat Attack: Crafty Ash Taylor knows how to create for his teammates, with his 17 try assists tying him with Johnathan Thurston and Luke Keary in first place. But Taylor doesn't always get it right - his 17 handling errors are also the most in the NRL.

And another thing: If the Titans don't win this one, they might not win again this year given they host the Storm and Cowboys in the final two rounds. The same could be said for Manly, with road games against the Wests Tigers and Broncos to close out their 2018 campaign.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans, Friday 6pm at Lottoland

Head-to-head: Played 17; Sea Eagles 1 wins, Titans 7 wins
Previous result: Titans won 32-20 at Marley Brown Oval in round 5
Points per game: Sea Eagles 20.5; Titans 18.9
Points conceded per game: Sea Eagles 24.3; Titans 24.2
Televised: Live on Nine, Fox League

Toss of the coin, Trent stays or comes out and refutes he’s leaving we win, Trent resigns today and I fear the players will toss the towel in and we will get dusted 3 games in a row and potentially win our first spoon!!

Toss of the coin, Trent stays or comes out and refutes he’s leaving we win, Trent resigns today and I fear the players will toss the towel in and we will get dusted 3 games in a row and potentially win our first spoon!!

That's what i think too, Hopefully TB and the Club sot it out sooner rather than later. If he announces he is staying and that the club will back him with what he wants you'll have ppl upset here but at least the players will use it to drive home a win. If he announces he is leaving then apart from being very poor timing we will get the spoon with Wests and Broncos to run up cricket scores to ensure they make it/get into the finals.

Never a boring time being a Sea Eagle supporter that's for sure.

That's what i think too, Hopefully TB and the Club sot it out sooner rather than later. If he announces he is staying and that the club will back him with what he wants you'll have ppl upset here but at least the players will use it to drive home a win. If he announces he is leaving then apart from being very poor timing we will get the spoon with Wests and Broncos to run up cricket scores to ensure they make it/get into the finals.

Never a boring time being a Sea Eagle supporter that's for sure.

I yearn for boring, seriously it’s been drama after drama followed by drama since 2011, that’s 8 ****ing years of it!!

What haters are these ?

Blake Green's defence wasn't all that great either, but he went alright and so did we when he was here.

DCE and LG as a halves combination could work and I'm hoping it does. LG isn't the greatest defender, but not everyone is a Jake Trbojevic. And besides that I don't believe he's been signed because of his defence. Its more about giving DCE an experienced halves partner who can run (sorry Hodko).

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8