Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 29th April 2023

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW.

Gates Open:.... 3:00pm.

Jersey Flegg Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters: 3:15pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans: 5:30pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

19. Kaeo Weekes
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Morgan Harper
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Cooper Johns
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Aloiai

14. Karl Lawton
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Sean Keppie
17. Toafofoa Sipley

Replacement:

20. Samuela Fainu.

Reserves:

Out:

01. Tom Trbojevic
18. Aaron Woods
21. Morgan Boyle
22. Ben Condon.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Zac Fulton
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Friday, 28 Apr 2023) * * *

Superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic has been ruled out of Saturday night's match against the Titans due to an ongoing groin injury.

The Sea Eagles confirmed in a statement the 26-year-old underwent a final fitness test at training on Friday morning but the club has decided to take a conservative approach to ensure Trbojevic is fit to take on the Broncos in Magic Round next week.

The news comes after the club confirmed on Monday that scans had shown only a minor adductor injury. Kaeo Weekes will replace Trbojevic at fullback.

Five-eighth Josh Schuster is looking at possibly another fortnight out after succumbing to another quad injury while Brad Parker (knee) also out for 3-4 weeks after undergoing knee surgery.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Tom Trbojevic (Groin, Round 10)
  • Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega (Suspension, Round 10)
  • Josh Schuster (Quad, Round 10-11)
  • Tolutau Koula (Knee, Round 10-11)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 12)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, Round 12)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Tolutau Koula (Knee, Round 10)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Groin, Round 10)
  • Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega (Suspension, Round 10)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, Round 12)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 12)
  • Josh Schuster (Quad, Indefinite)

Parker wont be there and Tom will probably be named, going on what was said at presser, but must be doubtful.

Anyone want to have a shot?

All i know is i saw nobody in Reggies today that put their hand up. Weekes is a no brainer of course.

1. Weekes
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Harper
5. Tuipolutu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakau'atu
12. Tuilagi
13. Aloiai

14. Bullemore
15. Fainu
16. Keppie
17. Sipley
Is Tippy toes fit ,lets hope so ?,
also maybe the Schu wont be there as he didnt look to good during the game so I guess Johns in for him ,and I dont think we can have 4 forwards on the bench that nearly cost us today so maybe Roache as he is in the 30 or GT if they can upgrade him ?

Glad we’ll be back at Brookie but our injury situation‘s a real concern.

After watching the Tits play today, it will depend what side turns up, they were awesome in the first half and rubbish in the second, bit concerned they’ll be stinging after todays loss and be very hard to beat.

If Tippy toes isn't ready yet. Wing next week against the Tits becomes interesting.

I think I'd prefer the club sought permission for an actual winger in FAULALO in Ressie's to play.

Myers is more a centre but always thought he'd get his start in A grade on the wing.

Fainu getting beaten all ends up at centre showed why backrowers are backrowers and not big destructive running centres.

Is Tippy toes fit ,lets hope so ?,
also maybe the Schu wont be there as he didnt look to good during the game so I guess Johns in for him ,and I dont think we can have 4 forwards on the bench that nearly cost us today so maybe Roache as he is in the 30 or GT if they can upgrade him ?
If Schu hasn't re-aggrivated the quad injury then he'll play next week. Just going to take a few weeks to push through it.

Weekes
Saab
Harper
Tui/Koula (if we can get him ready)/ Talau(if we can get him early) - big question mark over this pos
Garrick
Schu
DCE
Paseka
Crocker
Jake
Smole
Tuilagi
Aloiai

Cooper Johns (we've learnt we cannot play without a utility anymore after that game)
Sipley
Bully
Keppie

Another must win game before going into Magic Round. Expecting a different, more on point team to show up at Brooky, especially if it's a dry track and packed out on Saturday. But it still won't be a pushover, Titans can score points with ease as we've seen, been our bogey side at brooky in recent times and they'll be very mad about that embarrassing chokejob against the Phins. So this is an important game. Weather their fast start, keep up the defence, and play to our strenghts in attack and we will go a long way in getting another 2 points.

The Fortress should be enough to get us the win v the Titans. Take advantage of our full squad and leave out anyone not 100% fit for this game please!

Glad we’ll be back at Brookie but our injury situation‘s a real concern.

After watching the Tits play today, it will depend what side turns up, they were awesome in the first half and rubbish in the second, bit concerned they’ll be stinging after todays loss and be very hard to beat.
Was the same against the broncs the week before. Will be a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4