Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three Stooges GIF by IFC

Dosn't lack aggression, but does give away a few penalties...........

Titans will want to bounce back after that sh** show of a 2nd half and will be fired up...

Also from memory they have a good record against us at bookie (I think)
HOME GAMES:
2022 Round 6 Manly won 26-18
2021 Round 6 Manly won 36-0 (played at Mudgee)
2020 Round 19 Manly lost 24-42
2019 Round 11 Manly lost 18-36
2018 Round 23 Manly lost 34-42
2017 No home game
2016 No home game
2015 No home game

AWAY GAMES:
Manly won in 2021, 2019, 2017, 2015
We lost in 2022, 2018 (Gladestone!), 2016
None played in 2020

I think the Titans are as soft as butter, as evidenced yesterday.

At 4 Pines we will run all over this lot. I think up there it would be a lot harder given the speed of the tracks, but in Sydney they are a dogs breakfast.

Got this by 20.

NYEagle
They are the worst defensive team in the comp. And being undefeated at fortress Brookie, (sounds better than 4Pines Park) this season, we will want to maintain our winning ways at home.

1. Weekes
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Harper
5. Tuipolutu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Olakau'atu
12. Tuilagi
13. Aloiai

14. Bullemore
15. Fainu
16. Keppie
17. Sipley
I feel like we wouldn’t loose much if we replaced Keppies bench spot for John’s to cover injuries. Bulle and Sips have been awesome and give us enough grunt in the middle. For me Keppie has been lacking discipline and not making much of an impact. I still rate him but think the spots better suited to a utility. Love the idea of persisting with Fainu as Kelma struggles to play 80 and I think Fainu could be really dangerous on an edge when the defence tires.
Would love to see Garrick at centre as he wants to play there and I think koula and Garrick would be our strongest centre combo with sabb and vega/tippy on the other wing.

If Parker is ruled out Tippytoes for me deserves an opportunity at left centre, that’s his preferred position, wing is still new too him.
At the end of the press conference as dce was standing up and walking out someone asked him about Parker and I though I heard him say “he is gone” implying season done. Could of miss heard it but won’t be surprised to see poor Brad ruled out for a while

Titans are similar to the Dragons [ or tend to be ] in games against Manly , for some reason find it hard to get the better of them . Not sure how the collapse against the Dolphins will influence their play this week but were quite competitive for a good while against a generally in form Broncs outfit recently . So in no way would underestimate them , and a some big match players in Fifita and Brimson and Tino when they are on . Have some confidence with a fairly stoic defensive effort against the Tigers and if a match fit one and 6 is picked for Manly , should have the all round game for another very handy 2 points .

cbe1367afaa85cb7c2297361609c2ca5

Was at that game , with a massive contingent of the old MWTS crew.

It was absolute and utter bull**** , and to his credit Preston Campbell came out a week later and said “ I milked that one and it won the game for us but to be honest Manly deserved the win”.

If you were there you’d remember when the Titans players came around and gave us the bird , and the crowd went ape **** !!!

The Titans have a very good side , with some very good players , but have lapsed in their concentration at times in games.

I think the home advantage will win this , but they need to get this complacency bull**** out of their game.

You’d expect Sandwich to be at fullback, Tiopytoes at wing , John’s at 5/8 and Weekes to the bench.

Keppie to drop out.

Or it might be both Keppie & Woods and add Fainu in.

The Titans have a very good side , with some very good players , but have lapsed in their concentration at times in games.

I think the home advantage will win this , but they need to get this complacency bull**** out of their game.

You’d expect Sandwich to be at fullback, Tiopytoes at wing , John’s at 5/8 and Weekes to the bench.

Keppie to drop out.

Or it might be both Keppie & Woods and add Fainu in.

Who takes Parker place at centre?

Garrick to centre,Tippy to wing and Weekes to fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7