Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is where they’ll have to ask for an exemption and bring up another player from Reggie’s , maybe Myers !!
Maybe.
We need 7 backs and only have 13 backs in the squad.
If Vaega is suspended, Tom Schu Parks Tolu & Christian injured, and Latu still too young for NRL...

Will be interesting for the centre pairing just have an inkling Tippy Toes would do better there [ centre ] if it was after round 11 , Fletcher - Myers could well have been in contention
I hope Mayers can be in contention .

He played well in the trials against NRL quality

Myers impressive speed and skill stood out

With some of our players in doubt this could be a close game

But I think Manly can Squeeze the Tits out in a tight one

Another must win game before going into Magic Round. Expecting a different, more on point team to show up at Brooky, especially if it's a dry track and packed out on Saturday. But it still won't be a pushover, Titans can score points with ease as we've seen, been our bogey side at brooky in recent times and they'll be very mad about that embarrassing chokejob against the Phins. So this is an important game. Weather their fast start, keep up the defence, and play to our strenghts in attack and we will go a long way in getting another 2 points.
No dry track. Rain forecast all weekend.

No dry track. Rain forecast all weekend.
Think that might actually help us, as crazy as that seems, the Tits have plenty of speed and like to move the ball, attacking footy is their thing, so hopefully it’s a slug fest in the wet and our middles do the job on them, wow we might become specials in the wet, 2 weeks in a row.

Last edited:
Brown,Myers,Fainu,Uesele and GCKT all named in flegg side this week dropping back from Reggie's as no Reggie's this week for us.
Humphreys not named,maybe to be named in the 22 as an exemption type.
Of course things are fluid in selections this early.

Would not surprise me if both Tissue brothers are out this weekend
Yep and with Parker also out, that's a lot of new combinations to get right in a very short time. Titans will be determined not to fold again this weekend. Both Holbrook and Tino look decidedly sh*tty in their presser. The forwards will "have to show up" (did I actually write that??!!) or things could get ugly.

Think that might actually help us, as crazy as that seems, the Tits have plenty of speed and like to move the ball, attacking footy is their thing, so hopefully it’s a slug fest in the wet and our middles do the job on them, wow we might become specials in the wet, 2 weeks in a row.
I'll take a slugfest win anytime if it gives us the 2. :thumbsup:

Yep we just need to keep winning to stay up there , Broncos at home will be very very hard.
yeah, could be a bridge to far for us. Even if we had Tommy and Schu firing on all cylinders it can only take us so far. Lets see how they come out of the Bunnies game, as I'm sure there'll be drama, 10m in the bin, players on report and injury concerns etc, a lot can change in a week tho...

yeah, could be a bridge to far for us. Even if we had Tommy and Schu firing on all cylinders it can only take us so far. Lets see how they come out of the Bunnies game, as I'm sure there'll be drama, 10m in the bin, players on report and injury concerns etc, a lot can change in a week tho...
Very much , and every win they have is one step closer to a loss!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8