Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, get him right for next week. It was also good to hear from Seibs that Koula could also be returning next week. Schuster on the otherhand ........... It sounds like we'll be seeing a lot more of Johns in the coming weeks.

Seibold said that Schuster will not be playing for a couple of weeks. Glad he agreed with me 😄

We will see him round 11 vs the Sharks at home. Go the Schu!!

A lot of rain tomorrow so it might not be the big crowd we need. Of course, I'll be in my cushy undercover seat, so I have no excuse. Wet day will not be easy for Weekes either but it could also be the making of him if he has a big game. I hope he is picked there and Garrick at centre, if for no other reason, it will give us a good indicator for longer term positions. If Garrick can't cut it in defence, then it'll be back to the wing.
That's the way I see it also, although, would like to see Tui have a shot at centre Tui scares me a bit on the wing tbh.

Seibold said that Schuster will not be playing for a couple of weeks. Glad he agreed with me 😄

We will see him round 11 vs the Sharks at home. Go the Schu!!
Yep, I just want to see him back fit and playing great footy. He didn't instil great confidence that it would be round 11 but let's hope so.

Will be a slop fest at Brookie sat night so good to rest Tom. We’ve won without him before, let’s do it again. Keen to see Kaeo have a big game. Hope he gets the 1, but could see Lawton pushed to Centre and Reubs to fb. Forwards will need to win this one for us, particularly the bench.

could see Lawton pushed to Centre and Reubs to fb. Forwards will need to win this one for us, particularly the bench.
Possibly, but hope not. Things won't be going to plan if that happens.

It's a feasible back-up plan, though.

I suppose every club is now saying, "if only we could get our best 13 starting on the field - every week - and keep them there......".

It's an endless merry-go-round for everyone of 'injuries.....form issues......selection issues.......injuries.....form issues.......selection issues.....'

Keeps the posts flowing on Silvertails, though!

Will be a slop fest at Brookie sat night so good to rest Tom. We’ve won without him before, let’s do it again. Keen to see Kaeo have a big game. Hope he gets the 1, but could see Lawton pushed to Centre and Reubs to fb. Forwards will need to win this one for us, particularly the bench.
We relish the games played without Tommy, it's like we're keen to show everyone what we are capable of without our main strike player.

We relish the games played without Tommy, it's like we're keen to show everyone what we are capable of without our main strike player.
I don't want Guac to become the next Tom. All the forwards have to lift. They are very good when on and they need to bring it tomorrow. Next week will be an even bigger challenge but we need it tomorrow at home first.

Last edited:
For the love of god put weekes at fullback please coaches …
If he’s a gun fullback in the juniors play him at fullback already… why weaken fullback by putting Garrick there, and weaken the wing by putting tui there.. it seriously isn’t rocket science… fullback out = fullback in
Not
Fullback out = centre turned winger to fullback, centre turned (cr”p) winger on the wing, promising junior fullback on the bench/left out of the team… again

For the love of god put weekes at fullback please coaches …
If he’s a gun fullback in the juniors play him at fullback already… why weaken fullback by putting Garrick there, and weaken the wing by putting tui there.. it seriously isn’t rocket science… fullback out = fullback in
Not
Fullback out = centre turned winger to fullback, centre turned (cr”p) winger on the wing, promising junior fullback on the bench/left out of the team… again
Not sure if you’re expressing anger at nothing or just an opinion because I believe Weekes has already been slated to come in at Fullback

Not sure if you’re expressing anger at nothing or just an opinion because I believe Weekes has already been slated to come in at Fullback
Yep, he'll be playing fullback. Each round this year Seibold has essentially confirmed the line up in his Captains Run presser. He had no hesitation in saying Kaeo will be playing fullback.

One of the reason's he played NSW Cup last week was to get 80 minutes under his belt in the position for when Tom is away for Origin/injured.

LATEST: Manly are positive Tom Trbojevic to play Gold Coast on Saturday. He will have a fitness test this morning, but he has told Sea Eagles staff he is feeling fine and expects to pass it. All on @AAPSport #NRL

Woohoo!

nek minute...

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles full-back Tom Trbojevic has been ruled out of tomorrow night's match against the Gold Coast Titans at 4 Pines Park.

Boo...

No Shoe for a couple of weeks. I can understand Woodie's position regarding attitude. Something that Seib said hit me, though it may be a term he uses on all players. But his comment was its 'up to Schuster to take ownership...'. Strange comment when discussing an injury. May be nothing but just a curious comment. He's certainly needed at his best in this team.

No Shoe for a couple of weeks. I can understand Woodie's position regarding attitude. Something that Seib said hit me, though it may be a term he uses on all players. But his comment was its 'up to Schuster to take ownership...'. Strange comment when discussing an injury. May be nothing but just a curious comment. He's certainly needed at his best in this team.
When an $800K player can"t get his rehab sh*t in order then I would guess there's some damn harsh words being thrown about behind closed doors.

Something that Seib said hit me, though it may be a term he uses on all players. But his comment was its 'up to Schuster to take ownership...'. Strange comment when discussing an injury. May be nothing but just a curious comment. He's certainly needed at his best in this team.
It is all rather odd isn't it? I'd be fearing for his mental health except that both the captain and the coach have said virtually the same thing ... we support you but it's up to you to get your bloody finger out!

I can't recall coming across something like this.

DCE made similar comments in this weeks presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8