Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @The Wheel

The Humble Garrick talks down his greatness and focusses on doing the best job he can for his team mates
He says he has played lots of games in the centres and is not fazed by the move to the strike centre position
Garrick is a Team Player but also has the dynamic Speed and skill to be an opposition Team Slayer and a match winner for us if Tommy is out .

Very exciting Move having much needed Speed back in the centres

MANLY SEA EAGLES BACKS ARE MEANT TO FLY !
Speed thrills and Speed Kills as Rueben flies over the try line
Point-scoring machine Reuben Garrick signs two-year extension with ...

The journos seem to be asking better questions this season. Finally.

Having said that, I thought the one to DCE about Flanno Jnr coming to the club yesterday was a bit of a hospital pass.

Foran Food for thought feathered friend ...

Forans experienced game management did not manage very well in the Titans second half capitulation loss last week .
Foran's role (at least in recent years) has been to assist. When he's at his best he can also take a fair bit of control too, but what he does best is taking the ball to the line, targetting opposition weaklinks (using players around him) and providing a calm head. He can still offer a great deal, but the results won't neccessarily be from him breaking through the line with speed, producing long range kicks or carrying the team on his back with individual efforts (i.e an in-form turbo).

The titans have a bit of a similar issue to us in that the backline/edge players can be either explosive or invisible. When the players around him are enthusiastic and confident, Foran will have options and does well to convert most opportunities + varies his play as needed. But it's fair to say he's lost some speed, and his kicking role is to be the secondary option (although can offer effective short range kicks). Much like with us, he can be clinical when players around him are involved and willing. But I think the Titan's understand he doesn't have the speed anymore to do it on his own. When his halves partner is taking on that responsibility there are few better 5/8's than Foran at taking pressure off those around him and keeping things simple.

I have no idea what to expect from the titans when we play them. Also, I have no idea what to expect from us!

Foran's role (at least in recent years) has been to assist. When he's at his best he can also take a fair bit of control too, but what he does best is taking the ball to the line, targetting opposition weaklinks (using players around him) and providing a calm head. He can still offer a great deal, but the results won't neccessarily be from him breaking through the line with speed, producing long range kicks or carrying the team on his back with individual efforts (i.e an in-form turbo).

The titans have a bit of a similar issue to us in that the backline/edge players can be either explosive or invisible. When the players around him are enthusiastic and confident, Foran will have options and does well to convert most opportunities + varies his play as needed. But it's fair to say he's lost some speed, and his kicking role is to be the secondary option (although can offer effective short range kicks). Much like with us, he can be clinical when players around him are involved and willing. But I think the Titan's understand he doesn't have the speed anymore to do it on his own. When his halves partner is taking on that responsibility there are few better 5/8's than Foran at taking pressure off those around him and keeping things simple.

I have no idea what to expect from the titans when we play them. Also, I have no idea what to expect from us!
And therin lies the problem ( your last line ) and it’s been going on for some time.

The journos seem to be asking better questions this season. Finally.

Having said that, I thought the one to DCE about Flanno Jnr coming to the club yesterday was a bit of a hospital pass.

I don't think it is Journo's .... my take on these media interviews are they are all in-house ... the questions written by Couzo .. and read by the mail boy and the tea lady off screen ...

The one time they did have a real Journo there they had him standing up front holding a mike and making it look like an actual real media interview

I don't think it is Journo's .... my take on these media interviews are they are all in-house ... the questions written by Couzo .. and read by the mail boy and the tea lady off screen ...

The one time they did have a real Journo there they had him standing up front holding a mike and making it look like an actual real media interview
Then Cuzzo's lucky DCE didn't call for his head after the Flanno question.

Cuzzo. Flanno. Ah footy!

Yep all an elaborate sham, the club goes to great lengths to control and confuse the public - amazing they have gotten away with it for so long 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yep all an elaborate sham, the club goes to great lengths to control and confuse the public - amazing they have gotten away with it for so long 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Not what I was suggesting .. I like the content .. but I am not sure they are the media scrums portrayed ..I can see a few journalists staying sober long enough, and turning up for a DCE, seibs or Turbo interview .. but the others ?

Not what I was suggesting .. I like the content .. but I am not sure they are the media scrums portrayed ..I can see a few journalists staying sober long enough, and turning up for a DCE, seibs or Turbo interview .. but the others ?
If no journalists turn up you will hear Cuzzo asking the questions - eg Mudgee. Other than that they are real journalists not anyone else.

Foran plays on the left and Boyd on the right.
DCE,Ola,Harper and Saab have played together a lot.
But yes,Foran has been working well with Fifita,Harper might be primed to have another crack at Fifi though.
It will be an interesting battle.

"They're a pretty dangerous team without him anyway, but I want to play them full-strength and he's obviously one of the best players in the camp, so it'll be another good challenge for us."

Schuster and Parker stare daggers at Brimson...........:swear:

"They're a pretty dangerous team without him anyway, but I want to play them full-strength and he's obviously one of the best players in the camp, so it'll be another good challenge for us."

Schuster and Parker stare daggers at Brimson...........:swear:
Lol full strength! No Schu, Koula, Parker and Tom on one leg!

Lol full strength! No Schu, Koula, Parker and Tom on one leg!
yep..a bit of tongue in cheek stuff from Brimson, the Tit's are the ones at virtually full strength, looking at their line up. The team will take those comments on board and should be revved up for a big game tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10