Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 6, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well guys I've done you all a favour and chucked a few bucks on the Tigers at those 2.45 odds. Manly will win now, thank me later.
How much did you win in the end
I would put that same amount on parra beating us next week 13+ you can see the ambush and beating we will get next week.
Plus ANZ we have not one at for 5 years if we don't win next Sunday.

Two things - my (very) basic needs. No wooden spoon ever, win one next decade. Everything else is cream.

I agree but....I think we'll know after these next 2 week whether the spoon is headed our way or not. I expect us to lose to Parra and so if we don't beat the Knights the week after ....the writing is well and truly on the wall.

We can get out out of the spoon battle but we are at a tipping point these next two weeks. We've had a piss easy draw these first 8 weeks too.

Can't believe it's gotten to this....

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ba...ayers-booed-by-home-fans-20180415-p4z9qt.html

Barrett labels Manly 'diabolical' after players booed by home fans

Any injuries, Trent?

"Just bruised egos."

On an afternoon in which Manly did very little right, at least their coach was spot-on in summing up a forgettable 38-12 defeat to Wests Tigers in which the Sea Eagles were booed by the home crowd at Lottoland.

"It was diabolical on a number of fronts," Trent Barrett said. "To get booed off at half-time, I'm embarrassed."

Manly were blown away in the first 40 minutes on the wrong side of a stunning share of possession, slumping to a 26-0 deficit after being forced to make 128 more tackles than the Tigers.

The contest descended into the type of one-way traffic you get over the Spit Bridge in peak hour but Barrett was furious at the fact his team had allowed their hard work in defence to be spoiled by a Luke Brooks try from dummy half just after the half-hour mark and then the first of Benji Marshall's double soon after.

"At 14-0, I thought we were hanging on and hanging on ... to concede one from dummy half is just not on," Barrett said.

"You go in at 14-zip, you're a chance but to come up with the errors that we did at crucial times ... we have to be more resilient when things aren't going for you."

The rout was rounded off appropriately just before the final siren when Daly Cherry-Evans conceded a penalty try.

The Manly captain entered the game having had an altercation with teammate Jackson Hastings during the week and the reception from many of the crowd of 15,546 to the Sea Eagles' performance did not sit well.

"It hurts," Cherry Evans said. "I don't know, it's a tough one. It's not an ideal situation but when we play like that, people tend to wear their heart on their sleeve at this joint, which is fair enough. It's their choice to cheer or boo whenever they feel ... so you can't take away that from a fan. That is their responsibility and their choice."

Of the run-in with Hastings, whose absence was attributed to an achilles injury, Cherry Evans answered that it was a "lovers' tiff".

While Manly are fighting against themselves, the Tigers remain camped in the NRL top four after a fifth win of the season.

Last edited:
I read a stat this morning that the Tigers possession percentage (75%) in the first half was the most dominant by any team since 2002. Our completions were woeful

Having only one set in the i st 15 mins or so always meant that Manly would be doing it tough in the i st half but so much of their really sub standard play during and after this starved of possession period was really just so self inflicted . Lack of sustained concentration and extra effort and covering and playing for each other at vital times in defence , simple errors , too much running one out , nothing really constructive in the opposition 20 . Just seems to be recurring themes for most of this season . Unless the coaching staff and Manly players can find a way to largely address these problems [ and there are no doubt more ] , the side will continue to be up against it for future games . Well that is my take and the real frustration is that the side can and should be doing better . Only positives that i could see were Jetski and Thommo really putting in , Parker , A P I , D C E , Tom and even Lane trying hard , Walker with limited opportunities seemingly injury free , and Paseka looks promising . Jake still seems to be slightly out of sorts and still don 't seem to be making the most of Marty"s and A F B sometimes good go forward . Not having too much more time to salvage this season is the real concern though .

Wait till we play the Dragons if we play like this they will put us in for one of our worst defeats ever.I am dreading playing them as they have been a thorn in our side for a while now.All this in team fighting at our club is going to be our main killer.If our players can’t see eye to eye then how are we going to do well on the field.We are loosing our games before we even take the field and it seems that the only thing keeping us alive is the fact that it’s early on in the comp.This won’t last unless we make some changes. Uate has to go and I can not get over the fact that he gets passed a ball straight on the chest and drops it clean from a STANDING STILL position. You can’t keep players like that on the field and I wish this thing of patting people on the back after a mistake like that should be stopped. When will we learn.If we can’t catch a ball then don’t go out there, get someone who can. Trent’s killing them with kindness.

She’ll shocked at that performance
Can’t win games with only 20% possession in 40 mins of football but also can’t get yourself back in the game with too many errors
Bad day for the Manly boys even Matt Nable calling the game had a shocker
Highlight if one was Paseka I think he earned a bench spot

I know it was a horror day yesterday and I’m feeling as much pain as anyone.......but there is a football side here. I’m certain of it. I was pretty pleased Jack Gosiewski got more time yesterday and I think he will improve and be a regular starter with impact. Taniela Paseka also showed something when he debuted.
Just got to give a couple of serial under performers a rest and be patient. It’ll be a topsy Turvey comp but we may just come home with a late rush with some disciplined performances. I’ll never boo them and know they’ll get better.

You gotta get angry!!!!!

giphy.gif

r-023y.gif

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ba...ayers-booed-by-home-fans-20180415-p4z9qt.html

Barrett labels Manly 'diabolical' after players booed by home fans

Any injuries, Trent?

"Just bruised egos."

On an afternoon in which Manly did very little right, at least their coach was spot-on in summing up a forgettable 38-12 defeat to Wests Tigers in which the Sea Eagles were booed by the home crowd at Lottoland.

"It was diabolical on a number of fronts," Trent Barrett said. "To get booed off at half-time, I'm embarrassed."

Manly were blown away in the first 40 minutes on the wrong side of a stunning share of possession, slumping to a 26-0 deficit after being forced to make 128 more tackles than the Tigers.

The contest descended into the type of one-way traffic you get over the Spit Bridge in peak hour but Barrett was furious at the fact his team had allowed their hard work in defence to be spoiled by a Luke Brooks try from dummy half just after the half-hour mark and then the first of Benji Marshall's double soon after.

"At 14-0, I thought we were hanging on and hanging on ... to concede one from dummy half is just not on," Barrett said.

"You go in at 14-zip, you're a chance but to come up with the errors that we did at crucial times ... we have to be more resilient when things aren't going for you."

The rout was rounded off appropriately just before the final siren when Daly Cherry-Evans conceded a penalty try.

The Manly captain entered the game having had an altercation with teammate Jackson Hastings during the week and the reception from many of the crowd of 15,546 to the Sea Eagles' performance did not sit well.

"It hurts," Cherry Evans said. "I don't know, it's a tough one. It's not an ideal situation but when we play like that, people tend to wear their heart on their sleeve at this joint, which is fair enough. It's their choice to cheer or boo whenever they feel ... so you can't take away that from a fan. That is their responsibility and their choice."

Of the run-in with Hastings, whose absence was attributed to an achilles injury, Cherry Evans answered that it was a "lovers' tiff".

While Manly are fighting against themselves, the Tigers remain camped in the NRL top four after a fifth win of the season.

The best sex is after a lovers tiff so lets gets on with it Trent and play Hastings at 6 and DCE at 7 and let the bonding begin
Jamie+Lyon+Steve+Matai+pDIgKndETd3m.jpg

How much did you win in the end
I would put that same amount on parra beating us next week 13+ you can see the ambush and beating we will get next week.
Plus ANZ we have not one at for 5 years if we don't win next Sunday.
I put 80 bucks on them head to head at 2.45. Didn't make me feel any better about the loss to be honest.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8