Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what’s the vibe on Vaega? From memory, he played well for Blacktown last week.

I guess what I'm saying - I can handle a loss against quality opposition if we fight tough and give it a red hot crack and a few of these Manly boys seem to be just going through the motions knowing even a sun standard performance will see their names on next weeks team list....need to be put on notice ASAP...
Look at Redcliffe, a few good players but plenty of blokes who are not superstars, but have real go, in fact the real strength in their performances is to a man they are digging deep and competing all day and personally always respect that....if Manly could emulate their attitude I'll be happy with that.
Poor Jake deserves better...

Aloiai’s formula

(Steps 1 and 3 interchangable)
Step 1: slow runs, slow ruck defence
Step 2: show some promise
Step 3: go missing
Step 4: mention to media that manly learned sooo many lessons from their horrible showing
Step 5: talk about what will change
Step 6 repeat
Hit up 4 is usually Tom, BTW !

Hit up 4 is usually Tom, BTW !

How true is that. Part of his USA training on how to never get injured again. If Tommy is in the ruck, he certainly can't be contesting the ball off a kick on the last.

Can coach Seibold tell him to be available on all 5th tackles to contest a kick if needed?

If the high paying Manly players can put team first..this should be the line up.

1.Weekes
2.Vaega
3.Parker
4.Turbo
5.Saab
6.Schuster
7.Cooper
8.Peseka
9.Croker
10.Jake
11.Bullemor
12.Haumole
13.DCE

14.GCKT
15.Sipley
16.Josh Aloiai
17.Woods

18.Fainu

Was the play Weekes at 6 because it's time and he deserves it now completely abandoned??

He would be up against a fellow nobody now that Munster is at fullback - surely Weekes should be given a 2nd go if Schu will not play.

We are turning into the tigers 🤨

If the high paying Manly players can put team first..this should be the line up.

1.Weekes
2.Vaega
3.Parker
4.Turbo
5.Saab
6.Schuster
7.Cooper
8.Peseka
9.Croker
10.Jake
11.Bullemor
12.Haumole
13.DCE

14.GCKT
15.Sipley
16.Josh Aloiai
17.Woods

18.Fainu
You can’t choose Gordie 3 names until after round 10.

I think there should be a few Manly players feeling a little lucky that Keppie was the only axing from that inept performance.
Easily would be at least 5-6 players who could be in Blacktown after the Penrith game....
Who could step up ?
Well apart from Woods, I reckon Fainu , Fulton, Stuckey and young Toby would would rip and tear to get a shot and that in itself would be better than some of the Manly players from Saturday night.
Also Gordie must be getting some consideration by now.
The tough part is, to add 4 new faces would be extreme and a bit of a chaotic change up, but I really hope the coaching staff have these blokes on notice and ready to fight to hold a place in the 17.
I expect a significant energy shift for this Melbourne game, but any suitcases need to get dropped back to Reggie's to appreciate the Manly emblem when they represent the MighySeaeagles....need some pride back, as we are turning into a run of the mill side, who accept mediocrity and if you are guaranteed a spot after a garbage performance, that's a big part of the problem.

Fantastic stuff, except Stuckey, Gordie and Toby aren't part of the 30, and therefore not available for consideration as selections in 1st grade at this stage.

I guess what I'm saying - I can handle a loss against quality opposition if we fight tough and give it a red hot crack and a few of these Manly boys seem to be just going through the motions knowing even a sun standard performance will see their names on next weeks team list....need to be put on notice ASAP...
Look at Redcliffe, a few good players but plenty of blokes who are not superstars, but have real go, in fact the real strength in their performances is to a man they are digging deep and competing all day and personally always respect that....if Manly could emulate their attitude I'll be happy with that.
Poor Jake deserves better...
We have the Jarryd Hayne syndrome (back when he was playing for Parra of course).
Give it to Tommy and let him do his thing, without putting in the hard yards.

Yeah but Keppie argued with Tom. That’s way worse than any actual poor football he played.
In hindsight, Turbo had some gall giving it to Keppie after his own touch footy effort all game. Frustration got to him I guess and we all like to see some fire and care factor, especially when playing so poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10