Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
taupaum-310819-pb792.jpg

NRL Media missed the wet weather at Brookie in their description :fubar:

Capture+_2019-09-01-07-03-15.png

Great to see the crowd stay through the rain :clap:

Rorters can't affect their 2nd spot now and will rest players.

Good learning experience for Des and the Team.:nerd:

Both our flanks were turnstiles last night and just need to learn to apply themselves :nod:

Finals footy in 2019 is a welcome surprise :clap:
Thought we missed thomo in defence more than i thought, gogetski missed a few easy tackles and suli was vulnerable in the wet, in saying that, the whole team doesn't play well in the wet

Thought we missed thomo in defence more than i thought, gogetski missed a few easy tackles and suli was vulnerable in the wet, in saying that, the whole team doesn't play well in the wet
I'm not upset by the loss as we are still in the finals and our novice Team is playing above expectations in 2019 :happy:

The injuries to Thomo and Turbo are all due to bad technique and can be fixed at training :nod:

What a night it was out a Brookie seeing so many turn up in pretty average conditions!

As a fan when I saw Turbo go down my heart sunk.

What I want to know is how much of an impact do we think that also had on the team?

Knowing your gun player was out for the game and likely the rest of the season with finals just around the corner?

What a night it was out a Brookie seeing so many turn up in pretty average conditions!

As a fan when I saw Turbo go down my heart sunk.

What I want to know is how much of an impact do we think that also had on the team?

Knowing your gun player was out for the game and likely the rest of the season with finals just around the corner?

On our day we have proven to prevail with loss of key players during the game

Yesterday just was not our day . Every thing we did turned to sht . It was one of those days .

Yesterday was not characteristic of us and we will show our true colours next week

Once Tom went off we dropped heads and couldn't compete. The backline defence was a shambles. I think we've really over achieved where we were placed. We're headed for 6th and a first week finals elimination because we are now one of those teams limping into the finals down key players and confidence.

Once Tom went off we dropped heads and couldn't compete. The backline defence was a shambles. I think we've really over achieved where we were placed. We're headed for 6th and a first week finals elimination because we are now one of those teams limping into the finals down key players and confidence.
And we won’t have it any easier in 2020.
Teams will now target our games more as we were on of the top sides this year.
Think we could be in for a pretty tough year next year.
Then 2021-2023 is our premierships window in my books.

Yes 6th probably playing the broncos week 1.
Such a shame at full strength we would smash them but just see it being like 2017 week 1, going out easily.
Man last night was so disappointing for so many reasons.

Would love to see us complete our sets better and hold onto the ball with more respect for it. We still have the players to make a statement in the finals and turn some heads. I thought we played a little soft against the storm. If you play soft you will get injured. I am still confident we can get up a few more wins from here.Our problem is controlling the ball. We are dropping simple balls, that’s been our problem for a long time. In today’s game you need to be mistake free almost. It’s ok being a good scrambling team but we need to be better. I still think we have done a good job this year and have earned respect from many people. It’s not over till it’s over.

We'd save $700,000 by not re-signing Walker, allowing us to recruit some top-class backline players.
I agree sign him for $250,000-300,000 at most
I think we will need to lose either walker Marty afb someone on big money for us to really become competitive.
We are about one key forward number 6 and centre away from being a genuine contender.

Would love to see us complete our sets better and hold onto the ball with more respect for it. We still have the players to make a statement in the finals and turn some heads. I thought we played a little soft against the storm. If you play soft you will get injured. I am still confident we can get up a few more wins from here.Our problem is controlling the ball. We are dropping simple balls, that’s been our problem for a long time. In today’s game you need to be mistake free almost. It’s ok being a good scrambling team but we need to be better. I still think we have done a good job this year and have earned respect from many people. It’s not over till it’s over.
Yeah, the weather exacerbated our poor handling. I was okay with the effort right up until Chambers went to the sin bin and we handed the ball over on the first or second tackle a few times and gave up another couple of tries. That was the only part of the night I would describe as "piss poor".

We had too many players out of position
Garrick playing fb
Parker went to right wing
Jetski who trained at left edge 2nd row moved to left center.. plus the rain and a nrl ref who is on the take thats what you get

Looking at Sharks game highlights shame our game wasn’t played today. Would have been a full house, closer game and more importantly less injuries. Can’t take a effin trick

Having just watched Ch9 news for the first time in 15 years fmd what a load of sensationalist simpleton bs. Manly phone bogan man perked interest. What a beat up

Not many beat the Storm twice in the regular season.

Last night is one to forget, and move on quickly.

Our run starts on Friday night .

Well
We are back to where we started the year
Players missing
Little expectation
Written off
Relying on Mr Averages
Players new to positions and team
Our coach washed up
Fans wanting to sack players

Fast forward

Next week I will pick up a Motza ( well 4 figure sum anyway) for believing we will make the 8 and just got pipped to triple that by making the 4 .
Still have a GF win final running and refuse to cash out .

I will not give up on these blokes yet and trying to put myself in their position

Des will ( and dud) be reminding them how hard they worked and what it will take to win 5 more games

They can do it and must work hard to do it

The 8 was the first goal and to ensure lotto land became ours again

To the finish line it will be Difficult ,and will have to fight adversity but we have did it in stints so far when none thought we could

I say we can do it again if our pigs can hold

Sheridan Stand and others will have seen it before in 78 ( I think ) when we fought for game after game

I love my Might manly Warringah sea eagles and will not hear of ever packing it in and will stand up for any doomsayer

Go manly
Rave ended
As the song says
Today’s the hardest
Speed shivers melts away

I was at the game and couldn't believe what the Storm were allowed to get away with. The refs were clearly blind to them holding our players down and not being back the ten. It went on for the entire first half. This combined with Tommy's injury, along with the rain, we never stood a chance.

Not to mention the 3 times in the first half where a Storm player ran behind one of his team mates in a clear obstruction and each time the refs completely ignored it.

2 out of those 3 times, they went on to score a tackle or two later.

It seems like the obstruction rule only gets pulled out these days if a team scores a try from close range. I mean, take a look at that farcical decision to penalise Penrith last night against the Chooks when Cleary scored.

Last edited:

Part of the problem there as I saw it was on one hand, Suli missed a few tackles or they just kicked behind him because, especially in the wet as was proven, he has the turning circle of a road train. On the other side, Jetski kept on racing out of the line like he was continually looking for another intercept that never happened, and all that did as open up gaps that Melbourne exploited and would have done a lot more if it wasn't for the brick wall that was Jorge.

And that's before we get to the absolutely horrible ball control we showed, or the missed tackle count.

Would love to see us complete our sets better and hold onto the ball with more respect for it.

A telling stat from last night.....

During the 10 minutes that Chambers was in the bin, in the first 6 minutes we had two sets of six. Out of a possible 12 we could have had.....we only completed 3 play the balls before coughing up possession. And Melbourne scored a converted try each time we handed the ball back to them.

Part of the problem there as I saw it was on one hand, Suli missed a few tackles or they just kicked behind him because, especially in the wet as was proven, he has the turning circle of a road train. On the other side, Jetski kept on racing out of the line like he was continually looking for another intercept that never happened, and all that did as open up gaps that Melbourne exploited and would have done a lot more if it wasn't for the brick wall that was Jorge.

And that's before we get to the absolutely horrible ball control we showed, or the missed tackle count.
Time to focus on the eels now feathered friend

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8