Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 11, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great effort tonite...
I don't gamble much, but manly paying 2.85 was too good to pass up.. Had $50 on em.. Nice little birthday present..
Mind u, I was absolutely ropeable that first half.. No coincidence that we kicked it up a notch the second hodkinson hit the field

Happy Birthday!

edit: entertaining thread as usual. Thanks everyone. (Easier to read after a win for sure)

Last edited:
Got to mention that Moses Suli has been incredible in defence, i'm shocked at how good he's been in that department

Now with Walker out (thanks curtis scott..) we'll shift Hodko to start in the halves, and will have Suli stay centres, Taufua wing (Matt Wright if he's still injured). Don't care about Hodko's awkward start, he looks every bit a sea eagle and a reliable (except his knees by reports) cool head on the field that provides great goal kicking which is something we have long missed!
You can take the boy out of Manly but you can't take Manly out of the boy,love him being back.

I guess we now get to look forward to the collective media 'tut tutting' about the horrendous fisticuffs whilst showing the highlights of it every chance they get to sell the game.

Especially when we play the storm later on in the year at brookie.

Hypocritical pond sludges

Well.... as the nrl put out a release saying the sin bin time operators are the clubs responsibility then I don't see how the nrl can do anything about the alleged stuff up. Clubs can go "sorry, won't happen again and we all move on."

Also less than 14,000 at aami last night.

Thought a one team town expecting an easy win over an 'arch rival' with a top shelf stadium and good transport would attract thousands more! (according to the toddster)

Really stoked with the win but i don"t think that i have ever seen a more stranger game of footy then what unfolded last night .Even the first half had an unusual feel about it and even before the drama started in the second half . Kelly seemed down a bit on his previous solid form but could not really fault any of the efforts or performance of the rest of the team with Tom , Lane , A F B , Marty and Uate particularly impressive.Probably have to temper the win a bit with the reality that the Storm "s display in the second half was quite inept and a couple of favorable calls and good fortune for Manly also certainly helped . Had a gut feeling before the game that it could be Manly "s night but no way did i even slightly expect some of the bizarre and somewhat unprecedented events in that second half ..Still of course another really good win and result for Manly .

It was a great win ... Peranara tried his hardest to ensure a Drizzle win but even with 11 men our boys scored a try against the team picked by most to hammer us .... don't down play it Al ... bask in it .... GREAT TEAM EFFORT

It was a great win ... Peranara tried his hardest to ensure a Drizzle win but even with 11 men our boys scored a try against the team picked by most to hammer us .... don't down play it Al ... bask in it .... GREAT TEAM EFFORT
Certainly was a great team effort Nightster and the way that the side handled some of the challenges and tests last night and particularly in defence was really inspiring ..

Probably one of the strangest games of footy I’ve ever watched.

No penalties for 5 minutes , seriously!!

The sin bin of Jurbo, WTF?

The low half time score, who’d of thought!

Then the blow up, wow , yes they’ll condemn it BUT they’ll keep playing it over and over and over!

The send off, first one in 3 years, really ?? Is this the first punch thrown in that long??

The sin binning of Dylan, looking at the rules one of them is “ cooling down a player” fair enough I suppose.

The sin binning of Api, stupid punch, I expect we’ll lose him for a few weeks for that but good on him anyway for defending his brothers!!

Then the try with 11 men, FMD if anything was going to give me a stiffy that was it!!

Then the time keeping debacle, well just that, a debacle!!

And to top the night off young Suli slaughters Studs First going right over the top of him just like TRex did a decade ago to score his first Eagles try!

Oh year, strange, bizarre even but boy this had it all!

Brandy is such a good commentator he is the most impartial out there
Brandy Alexander is our own true friend on Fox sports, some of the dribble coming out of that panel last night, Vonny or as I call her Bronco bitch!!, Kevvie Storm Walters and that long-term hater Voss need to really be pulled up about their carry on last night. What not one of them mentioned , is that Manly overcame adversity to win, scored 2 tries when down a man, bustled and harrassed the drizzle and denied them a line break and a try, overcame Pere bloody nara and his interpretations and finaly one of our players is king hit with a potentially fractured eye socket and then all they bitch about is a time keeping error when the score was 10-4 that was nor our clubs responsibility, It would have been nice and refreshing to hear the truth about the game ala Bellyache who slammed his own teams performance. I have no time for the Drizzle but I do appreciate their honesty!! Our club has been through the wringer this year, partially our own fault and it has been followed up especially from the News limited press, lies, innuendo and this has all been rubber-stamped by the hierarchy of the NRL who have not lifted a finger to support our club over the false accusations about match-fixing and their far from transparent process over this salary cap witch hunt!!

What I saw last night and I have seen over the last three games is a team having a real dig and doing their best to turn things around away from home and the haters who will never get our club and death ride us time and time forget that the Manly spirit has overcome adversity since day dot and the more they write hateful crap the stronger they make us!!!!

Sunday Footy Show -
Sterlo is deathriding us and dredging up old games where points were lost,:mad:

Freddy is asking why was Walks in the bin,:rolleyes:

Alana reckons Api's hit is worse than Scott's:swear:

Lockyer claims the NRL Timekeeper had a standin and he forgot to pause the watch when Perenara called for the Bunker for Akilla's try:D

The aggression and our control in the 2nd half really rattled the Storm, Marty ran over Brandon Smith half a dozen times. The tackling was hard and aggressive and the go forward was excellent as well. The Storm dropped their lollies and threw all the toys out of the cot in the 2nd half resulting in Scott throwing a king-hit. That's what it should be deemed of because of the not punching or slapping ban. There hasn't been any punching in years, so Walker wouldn't of been expecting a punch, but copped 3 while he the turning away. Scott shoulder get 6 weeks especially because he broke Walker's eye socket. I agree with everything Alexander said last night Grade 3 wreck less

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8