Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I knew the stich-up was coming.

DCE had a chance to ice it the set before Jake got sin binned, they had 2 tackles to set for a FG i was calling for it. He hits that then we go 7 up and get the re-start - game over. Jakes incident would never have happened.

Oh so close for another epic win against the odds and even though doing enough to win , just too many obstacles injury wise and on field decision wise to overcome in the final wash up . Irrespective , a great and proud season for the players , coaching staff and supporters to reflect on Hopefully the players will gain some valuable experience and develop even more hunger to do even better next season . Will feel much more at ease when Walker and young Haumole are re signed . Certainly in many ways the one that got away but Manly are a competitive force again , get Tom on the paddock as a regular also for next season and hopefully they can have even more success in 2020 .

The Jake call was a dud, but I think the loss is more to do with the Rabbitohs’ first try, 2nd try and the one just on halftime. Those 3 tries were the result of sloppy defence.

Apart from that we had their measure. The boys need to defend well for 80 min. Especially when the other team has just been on the ropes and is bouncing back.
They were a result of leg up penalties getting then in the zone. Souffs did not look likely until they got penalties and field position

The Jake call was a dud, but I think the loss is more to do with the Rabbitohs’ first try, 2nd try and the one just on halftime. Those 3 tries were the result of sloppy defence.

Apart from that we had their measure. The boys need to defend well for 80 min. Especially when the other team has just been on the ropes and is bouncing back.

I thought that 1st try was poor D from us it appeared that Elliot had plenty of time to push souffs player into touch and the Cameron try was also a bit soft not sure what went on there

I knew the stich-up was coming.

DCE had a chance to ice it the set before Jake got sin binned, they had 2 tackles to set for a FG i was calling for it. He hits that then we go 7 up and get the re-start - game over. Jakes incident would never have happened.
G'day all,We also had two chances to snuff the play leading to the Jake incident but fell off the tackles.Make either of those stick and it doesn't happen either.
cheers mike

upload_2019-9-21_12-31-23.png

Other things the NRL would have you believe.....

upload_2019-9-21_12-32-40.png
upload_2019-9-21_12-34-17.png
upload_2019-9-21_12-35-20.png
upload_2019-9-21_12-36-0.png

How long is a dropout shot clock? Is it 5 seconds now:think:

Recall a couple being let go just in our games this year along with the scrum shot clocks :cool:

IMG_20190921_143334.jpg

1:36 Sutton blows the whistle as he points to Chez

IMG_20190921_143317.jpg

1:30 Chez has dropped the ball to his foot but not kicked it as the buzzer sounds simultaneously

Last edited:
How long is a dropout shot clock? Is it 5 seconds now:think:

Recall a couple being let go just in our games this year :cool:

View attachment 12800
1:36 Sutton blows the whistle as he points to Chez

View attachment 12801
1:30 Chez has dropped the ball to his foot but not kicked it as the buzzer sounds simultaneously
I thought that it was a fitting finale to an absolute farce of a game in terms of officiating. How anyone can sit there and justify the competence of those officials is either a dumb fuk moron or is covering for a pre determined result. Either way these c**ts are destroying this game.

I thought that it was a fitting finale to an absolute farce of a game in terms of officiating. How anyone can sit there and justify the competence of those officials is either a dumb fuk moron or is covering for a pre determined result. Either way these c**ts are destroying this game.
I know it's not 5 seconds - just another subject penalty

DROP OUT CLOCK
1. Where a team is required to recommence play with a goal line or 20 metre drop out, they must
do so within 25 seconds from the time the Referee has ruled the goal line or 20 metre dropout
and verbally indicated that the “drop out clock” has started.
2. The kick will deemed to be completed when the kicker’s foot has struck the ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6