Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We got our wish we are back playing finals
Tough to go out the way we did , they busted there arse for each other tonight , made some errors and a few brain explosions . To win the big games you have to limit those things , Decisions will go against you . They made errors tonight too we scored 2 tries off there errors got us back in the game
But in the end we couldn’t close it out they But damned tried too
We weren’t at full strength tonight have to remember that , so the effort was nothing short of heroic
They gave it there all and come short unfortunately. The team will be better for it and with practically the same squad with more improvement next season we can enjoy the ride again cause all in all was a good ride this year
GO MANLY

A few of you need to take a deep breath, pull your heads in somewhat and show some decorum.

You know who you are.

Everyone is entitled to a point of view, everyone’s opinion is equally relevant and/or valid. The tantrums, personal attacks and finger pointing is juvenile, very poor form and, even worse, unManly.

Show a little pride in yourselves and your club, show some dignity and maybe even a little respect for the boys on the field trying their HEARTS out for you!! Yes, we reserve the right to criticise, this is a forum based on robust discussion... but there’s a time for analysis and adult discussion, and there’s a time when you keep your damn trap shut, before you make yourselves, and the Silvertails as a group by association, look like petty, mean humans rather than the proud and strong supporters that we are...

Never forget that we are ALL Manly. Show the same respect that you would expect to receive from fellow members, or log out and take a chill pill.

The Souths win went to the NRL's script ...... The loss hurts but well done to all at Manly. What a great season. After the TB "lost years" I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this team play with heart again this year. Really, really proud of this team.

Last edited:
Agree with this sentiment. That said, we still failed to polish off a game that was within our control to do so. And it's not the first time this year. Hopefully, that will be part of our learning trajectory and become a strength in the future.
Your acting like we had everything go our way and we had a full team hahaha snap out of it ffs

Your post makes zero sense in relation to my comment.

Yes Souths were bashed where did i state otherwise, Manly didn't play as conservative as you make out to "minimize risk", Manly were probably the only team trying to play a little footy.

Manly should of won regardless of the refs tonight.

I tend to agree. Early in the second half the game was there to take. We had quite a few chances for 10 or 15 munutes and took zero, they were a little too relaxed and the game got away from them .

They needed points in that dominant time and were a tad foolhardy. Jorges drop after the kick and chase as per example. He regathers we probably put them to the sword

But it was a step in the right direction.

Good grief! Are you really that emotionally unsettled and reactive. I'm an Aussie who grew up playing league and at rep level. I played my junior league for Western Suburbs Red Devils In Wollongong in Figtree (can't recall the name of the grounds), and represented Illawarra for multiple years before I quit league and moved on to other sports (can't believe I even needed to explain that).

I live here in HK as part of the big old world you might wanna learn about someday. Again, we are all hurting and disappointed tonight, so maybe we are almost ready for a deep breath?

On a side note. How good is Hong Kong! I’ll trade you Oslo any day :D

The players deserved to win and didn’t deserve to be taken out of the contest by the crew in yellow. And Annesley what on earth is he paid for? Whether he says the decision is wrong or right doesn’t make anybody feel any better. Well done Boys you did us proud! Thank you for a great season!

Manly played outstanding rugby league and to the gameplan for 67 minutes. They played a game which minimised risk and focussed on the grind to wear Souths down.

We win by 12 without that referee intervention.

Pretty well sums it all up correctly.

So, to summarise this entire thread, there are 2 positions.
1) we were the better team by at least 50% and got dudded
and
2) it was our own fault for ONLY being 50% better, we should have been 75% better!!

My personal take is that option 2) points to some sort of mental health issue.

Last nights game could be the making of the team in the long run. They’ve experienced the Manly loading now and they know that they can beat the opposition and the refs if they dig in and play as well as they can. They’ve got to learn not to give the yellow bastards a chance to blow their whistles and, when lucks against them, they just need to cop it sweet and get on with winning. The boys should be better, stronger and more determined next year. The fire is probably building in their bellies already. It’d be interesting to see how many put in extra work in the gym and in the sand hills over the summer.

Does anyone else think that for a now over-the-hill leading man (OTHLM), Crowe looks in even worse shape than an OTHLM should look?

Too much smoking. Too much red meat. Too much booze. Too much sugar. Too fat for a man of his age or indeed a man of any age. Clearly not enough exercise, or at least the right sort of exercise for a 55 year old.

Looks like he will go off-line as a human being within 10 years.
I came to the realization at an early age that you can never have too much booze.

Nice beaver?

Bad jokes aside... what is a captain's role? Should he not have any responsibility for managing possession and controlling possession?

FFS.

Should he as captain use a time machine to go back and undo the dropped balls that gave the possession to Souths???

We weren't camped up their end wasting posession and not getting repeat sets fir goodness sakes! We were stuck at our end and deopping the ball under fatigue.

Pray tell what DCE was meant to do about other players dropping balls and giving penalties????

Good grief! Are you really that emotionally unsettled and reactive. I'm an Aussie who grew up playing league and at rep level. I played my junior league for Western Suburbs Red Devils In Wollongong in Figtree (can't recall the name of the grounds), and represented Illawarra for multiple years before I quit league and moved on to other sports (can't believe I even needed to explain that).

I live here in HK as part of the big old world you might wanna learn about someday. Again, we are all hurting and disappointed tonight, so maybe we are almost ready for a deep breath?

If you played for the Red Devils the ground was Parrish Park

It’s at Figtree
Around the corner from the old Derra pub formally run by Craig Young

I watched the game with one of the greatest Red Devils that played for Manly last night

His opinion is much different to yours and supports that the officials were more responsible for the result than the players

And as an FYI , if you played for Wests you would know their nick name being RED SCUM

Seems appropriate for some one like you. Many who could not make it themselves as a player want to pretend they are superior in their views

RED SCUM
JUST LOOK AT US WE ARE GREAT

I am sorry mate but don’t promote conflict by talking about our team who have made us feel so great again straight after a heartbreaking loss

Wake up to your self and just STF up for a while and allow everyone their time to reflect on their disappointment for last night before we can enjoy the year

As my mate said , this HK bloke should tell his feelings to Jake but we all know how that would end

I am hurting so can only imagine how the players feel

Can some one PM me and let me know how to block idiots

HK
Joe boy
Technical coach

Goodbye

So, if having the ball for 2 minutes out of 10 is not something the captain should take responsibility for, who should?
That’s disgusting mate. Racist trash.

Give yourself an uppercut.
Give yourself an uppercut, pisses me off when drop kicks like HK eagle get on here and continually bag out the team and the players - especially when they busted their guts out there last night. Show no respect to the players, definitely not a supporter in my eyes.

Ive been to hong kong for work, absolute **** hole, people were so rude and couldn't wait to get out of there. I guess it suits HK eagle, but no one knew anything about league which was my point, just like HK eagle. If someone on this forum writes positive stuff and also the occasional criticism that is fair, but was irritating not only myself but a whole lot of other supporters on here so felt it was appropriate to tell him to shut the **** up and go support another team.

Like to see him go into the dressing room and tell the players he felt they were poor, and DCE cannot captain the team and didn't stand up.

If you played for the Red Devils the ground was Parrish Park

It’s at Figtree
Around the corner from the old Derra pub formally run by Craig Young

I watched the game with one of the greatest Red Devils that played for Manly last night

His opinion is much different to yours and supports that the officials were more responsible for the result than the players

And as an FYI , if you played for Wests you would know their nick name being RED SCUM

Seems appropriate for some one like you. Many who could not make it themselves as a player want to pretend they are superior in their views

RED SCUM
JUST LOOK AT US WE ARE GREAT

I am sorry mate but don’t promote conflict by talking about our team who have made us feel so great again straight after a heartbreaking loss

Wake up to your self and just STF up for a while and allow everyone their time to reflect on their disappointment for last night before we can enjoy the year

As my mate said , this HK bloke should tell his feelings to Jake but we all know how that would end

I am hurting so can only imagine how the players feel

Can some one PM me and let me know how to block idiots

HK
Joe boy
Technical coach

Goodbye

Great post!

Feel exactly the same. How these bloke call themselves supporters is beyond me?

Sounds defeatist, but would rather go out like that with a gutsy, backs to the wall effort, than get to the GF even more decimated and get pumped by the Rorters 50 zip. Especially given that if we got there we would cop another 2013 refereeing fiasco.

IMG_20190921_094029.jpg

Felt for Brendan as it was actually Jorge who came across for no reason and distracted his focus on the catch :(

The Jake call was a dud, but I think the loss is more to do with the Rabbitohs’ first try, 2nd try and the one just on halftime. Those 3 tries were the result of sloppy defence.

Apart from that we had their measure. The boys need to defend well for 80 min. Especially when the other team has just been on the ropes and is bouncing back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8