Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not that it matters now, but...!
How about the penalty just before half time that allowed Souths to go down field, and ended with Cam Murray's crucial 'superman' try?
Souths coming off their own line, Jake makes a dominant tackle forcing Gagai backwards and onto his back. They get up, Gagai plays the ball. Then a penalty is blown. Anyone know what it was for? It can't have been anything in the tackle, surely.
I know what it was for, it was because we are Manly and they're Souffs, that's the way the whole game was refereed

I was at the game but couldn't tell, and they didn't show a replay. Maybe we were offside? Although one of the refs seems to be making a signal or gesture - but surely it wasn't a holding down penalty??

How about the penalty just before half time that allowed Souths to go down field, and ended with Cam Murray's crucial 'superman' try?
Souths coming off their own line, Jake makes a dominant tackle forcing Gagai backwards and onto his back. They get up, Gagai plays the ball. Then a penalty is blown. Anyone know what it was for? It can't have been anything in the tackle, surely.

Exactly! This is exactly the kind of penalty that swings a game. As well as random offside penalties. As a matter of integrity the referees and broadcasters should be obligated to provide a clear explanation to fans for every penalty, including at the ground. No explanation for this critical penalty. It drove me mad at the time. I just had a feeling they would score.

And offside penalties... Let's see a wide shot. I'd like to see the evidence.

38:08
PENALTY - BALL STRIP
Jake Trbojevic

https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/finals-week-2/rabbitohs-v-sea-eagles/
----
Pocket Ref calls 'he pushes the ball, Jake pushes the ball as he gets up'

Gagai never loses hold of it, but Jake does move along his body instead of rolling off after the tackle - soft penalty to say the least :swear:

Last edited:
Then both broadcasters spliced the shots as there is only 8 seconds on the game time clock between the whistle and the kick :cool:

Kayo must be a direct feed and not a 7 second or so delay to edit out bad language etc :confused:

It's 30 seconds from when Elliott was tackled, not when Sutton blew the 2nd whistle
. Dunno how or why only 8 seconds came off the game clock.

Four Sea Eagles in Team of Week

Team of Finals Week 2.jpg

They keep showing our game in talking up the Rabbids - never mentioning that their 2 winning tries were scored in the last 10 minutes against 12 men @:rolleyes:

Just noticed this clear obstruction by Sutton running through without the ball blocking Suli to have Murray run behind his player to score @:mad:

Capture+_2019-09-26-17-47-09.png

Capture+_2019-09-26-17-47-53.png

Incredible how the Refs only penalized one side all night :nerd:

Canberra will destroy the Rabbits

the faders are now eveyone's favourites.... it would be beautiful to see .... and hopefully the rorts and drizzle beat the crap out of each other and scam and coupe get sin binned for scratching and biting each other

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6