Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree & the 8th Immoron is a delirious twat who said the Knights were Top 4 material. KInda think he needs a fix. Fuc<en idiot!
I rate Andrew Johns player analysis but that doesn't mean you have to agree with everything an immortal says as if to say an immortal can never get it wrong.

Sometimes the best of players(not referring to Johns here) make poor coaches and their analysis is so far off the mark, being naturally gifted means you don't really have to understand why you do things well as you just perform in autopilot mode.

Less talented players tend to analyze their game more to seek improvements and that is why Coaches like Bellamy,Hasler and Robinson etc are great coaches, they may not have been the most gifted players but they understood why things work, what made a player great and how to extract the most out of a given situation.

We were the better team just couldn't get a big enough break on them. They got all the calls and the luck and just kept in the game. We should have skipped out to a 2 or 3 try lead, but with the refs assistance they just kept getting tries. Our defence was probably a little soft in our 20m so that ultimately cost us. In the end the fatigue of playing 20 minutes one man down led to some silly errors at the crucial time we needed to score. When you think about the players we had missing we just lacked that little bit of class to finish the game off. I think Souths know they dodged a bullet tonight, we cut them up in attack.

Great effort from the team of fill ins, we've unwraoped some previously unrealised talent along with discovering some fresh cattle that will be better for the experience and confidence that comes with playing competitive finals football. Suli, Jetski, Waddell, Keppie, Parker and Garrick have all shown their worth. Looks good for next year when we get back to full strength.
I think the leaky defence from both teams was primarily due the moist ground and humidity which makes players slippery too. That area also gets dewy in the evening as well.
I think from the standpoint of next year this result does no harm, even good. We had documented control of the semi final until dudded by the ref, and the players will be left with unfinished business.
Neither team would have gotten near Canberra next week
NYEagle

We were poor in the last 20, made mistakes under fatigue. Unfortunately Elliot was awful, defense was swiss cheese.

Refereeing was diabolical, we could've played better to take it out of the equation. We missed Joel out there.

Will be interesting to see what gets referred to the match review committee (or not). And If Annesley had any consistency he'd throw this ref under the bus.

Last edited:
Wow.

You couldn't miss the point or the flow of that game any more if you tried.

Kudos.
Nice beaver?

Bad jokes aside... what is a captain's role? Should he not have any responsibility for managing possession and controlling possession?

Nope, wrong. Seriously TC thats the stupidest thing you have said on here. What game were you watching? Japan in the rugby world cup?

Manly played outstanding rugby league and to the gameplan for 67 minutes. They played a game which minimised risk and focussed on the grind to wear Souths down.

We win by 12 without that referee intervention.

Watch how Souths play next week TC - they got bashed,

NYEagle

Your post makes zero sense in relation to my comment.

Yes Souths were bashed where did i state otherwise, Manly didn't play as conservative as you make out to "minimize risk", Manly were probably the only team trying to play a little footy.

Manly should of won regardless of the refs tonight.

I agree TC. There was an 8 minute period after we got to 26-20 where we could and should have scored again.

Sure I think we were dudded. Souths were holding us down just as much, as well as other weird calls. Even ignoring the sin bins.

I agree TC. There was an 8 minute period after we got to 26-20 where we could and should have scored again.

Sure I think we were dudded. Souths were holding us down just as much, as well as other weird calls. Even ignoring the sin bins.
Oh thank christ. Somebody else willing to question our performance and not just crap on about ref decisions. I agree that despite whatever questionable ref decisions we failed to wrap up that game as we were in the position to do.

Oh thank christ. Somebody else willing to question our performance and not just crap on about ref decisions. I agree that despite whatever questionable ref decisions we failed to wrap up that game as we were in the position to do.
We have 5 of our top 17 out we had that game and the ref cost us by sending jake. No other team with 5 players out especially a turbo would of done that! You seem to not watch alot of footy the nrl is and has been corrupted for years now.. since 2013 to be precise

We have 5 of our top 17 out we had that game and the ref cost us by sending jake. No other team with 5 players out especially a turbo would of done that! You seem to not watch alot of footy the nrl is and has been corrupted for years now.. since 2013 to be precise
I don't care too much for whinging about perceived injustices... I care more for doing what we do best and performing like a champion team (even better if it's against perceived injustices). Yes, we copped some rough calls tonight, but we didn't quite rise to champion team level, though the performance for a depleted team was remarkable and gives plenty of encouragement for the future.

To be fair we had done all the hard work to negate the ****ty refs calls and we were ahead by 6. then a realty soft sin bin was called and it fell apart. We were a jersey pull away from a Prelim.

To be fair we had done all the hard work to negate the ****ty refs calls and we were ahead by 6. then a realty soft sin bin was called and it fell apart. We were a jersey pull away from a Prelim.
Agree with this sentiment. That said, we still failed to polish off a game that was within our control to do so. And it's not the first time this year. Hopefully, that will be part of our learning trajectory and become a strength in the future.

Does anyone else think that for a now over-the-hill leading man (OTHLM), Crowe looks in even worse shape than an OTHLM should look?

Too much smoking. Too much red meat. Too much booze. Too much sugar. Too fat for a man of his age or indeed a man of any age. Clearly not enough exercise, or at least the right sort of exercise for a 55 year old.

Looks like he will go off-line as a human being within 10 years.
Bloody hell Tezza.
That's an almighty spray.
He is a souffs supporter.
Or in fact the owner.
He's gotta look the part.
Dunno the state of his choppers...

Wow I am so proud of these boys.

I cried lots even though I thought this year I wouldn’t, but it’s just so frustrating to lose like that.

I’m ignoring any player blaming posts because I don’t want to focus on any negativity, instead only on how incredible our season has been this year.

It sucks we couldn’t continue a little further, but I guess it’s less heart breaking going out now than in the prelim or losing a grand final.

The culture of this club is amazing right now and I love the group of guys we have. I really hope 2020 is our year, and I’m confident it will be if we can stay healthy and be as good as we have been this year

Go Manly! (Damn it now I’ve started crying again typing this post)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7