Game Day: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2: 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For the appeasement of your low IQ, they did have a winning mindset, they performed admirably, almost perfectly for large portions of the game, and they WERE ROBBED. If you cannot cope with that then I guess you believe most MSM fake news as well.......
OK then, not sure how you got my IQ results, but creepy nevertheless...

Does anyone else think that for a now over-the-hill leading man (OTHLM), Crowe looks in even worse shape than an OTHLM should look?

Too much smoking. Too much red meat. Too much booze. Too much sugar. Too fat for a man of his age or indeed a man of any age. Clearly not enough exercise, or at least the right sort of exercise for a 55 year old.

Looks like he will go off-line as a human being within 10 years.

Last edited:
Actually, I wasn't calling the team bitch a$$es, I was calling YOU and other supporters who complain about refs, bitch a$$es
**** off back to Hong Kong and support a sport you might know something about like table tennis, because you know jack **** about leauge, probably never played the game just bag the team behind a keyboard. ****ing turd

Well, that's brilliant. Let's just throw the towel in because Jake got sin-binned. Oh wait, that's exactly what we did.

Seriously?

That game was Origin like in speed.

You think having 2 players binned back to back in the last quarter of the game (one of them our best defender) was not the deciding factor?

Who the hell threw in the towel?! They were absolutely gassed. Mistakes creep in when under massive fatigue like that.

Incredibly bad take on the end of that game IMO.

As for the DCE bagging. Not a singke penalty in the second half and players dropping ablls under fatigue meant we had the ball basically 2 minutes of the final 10. But that's on DCE.

Jesus.

Does anyone else think that for a now over-the-hill leading man (OTHLM), Crowe looks in even worse shape than an OTHLM should look?

Too much smoking. Too much red meat. Too much booze. Too much sugar. Too fat for a 55 year old. Not enough exercise.

Looks like he will go off-line as a human being within 10 years.
He’s getting in shape for his next role replaying Meatloaf’s performance at the AFL grand final.

**** off back to Hong Kong and support a sport you might know something about like table tennis, because you know jack **** about leauge, probably never played the game just bag the team behind a keyboard. ****ing turd
Good grief! Are you really that emotionally unsettled and reactive. I'm an Aussie who grew up playing league and at rep level. I played my junior league for Western Suburbs Red Devils In Wollongong in Figtree (can't recall the name of the grounds), and represented Illawarra for multiple years before I quit league and moved on to other sports (can't believe I even needed to explain that).

I live here in HK as part of the big old world you might wanna learn about someday. Again, we are all hurting and disappointed tonight, so maybe we are almost ready for a deep breath?

Nope, wrong. Seriously TC thats the stupidest thing you have said on here. What game were you watching? Japan in the rugby world cup?

Manly played outstanding rugby league and to the gameplan for 67 minutes. They played a game which minimised risk and focussed on the grind to wear Souths down.

We win by 12 without that referee intervention.

Watch how Souths play next week TC - they got bashed,

NYEagle
Your post makes zero sense in relation to my comment.

Yes Souths were bashed where did i state otherwise, Manly didn't play as conservative as you make out to "minimize risk", Manly were probably the only team trying to play a little footy.

Manly should of won regardless of the refs tonight.

Seriously?

You think having 2 players binned back to back in the last quarter of the game (one of them our best defender) was not the deciding factor?

Who the hell threw in the towel?! They were absolutely gassed. Mistakes creep in when under massive fatigue like that.

As for the DCE bagging. Not a singke penalty in the second half and players dropping ablls under fatigue meant we had the ball basically 2 minutes of the final 10. But that's on DCE.

Jesus.
Yep, we were the better team but for 20 minutes (first 10 and last 10). Other teams next year will be thinking ‘holy crap’ about playing Manly as we now have so much talent available and they are experienced.

We have had a good season with our coach restoring pride in our jersey
We have had multiple significant injuries and a litany of dud calls all year yet we have never given up ever .We have discovered new stars and new combos.
I thought we had that game but I thought when Parker didn’t score that it might cost us in the end

I am gutted we lost that and Jurbo did not deserve to be sent off ,looking at the Burgi getting interviewed I think they know they have absconded with that win

The reffing was beyond corrupt and more than one sided ,and basis our spare parts team being beaten by crooked officials I think Canberra will send souffs packing in quick time
Sutton should not be allowed near a 1st grade game ,I can’t believe that side of the game is so rankly amateurish and that nepotism is so alive and well in this day and age
Disgusted with the Greenbog and his corrupt NRL c&$ts
Go Manly and go the raiders

Seriously?

Jesus.
So, if having the ball for 2 minutes out of 10 is not something the captain should take responsibility for, who should?

Sorry, but you are an absolute wanker. Calling the team bitch asses who cave in. I thought the team tried their guts out, and am proud of their efforts considering some pretty bad calls, players out, and really out played souths tonight, but the best team doesn't always win.
Where did the poster state "bitch asses who cave in".

We all agree Manly played well, very well considering the amount of players out and the injuries most of the busted squad are playing with.

Manly played so well relative to Souths in this game we still should of won by 10-12 even with a penalty count going against us, that is a compliment of how well Manly played but also stating we didn't ice the game when we should of.

Young team and it happens sometimes, but blaming the refs in this instance is really a weak response, even from Des.

I only do this after a win but despite what happened tonight
This year is a win
In my loudest proudest voice
MAAAAANNNNLLY MAAAAANNNLLY
MAAAAANNNNLLY
It certainly is. We excelled far beyond anyones expectations. (eg My motto I wrote down the bottom before a ball had been kicked). This year has been a massive gift. Couldn’t be prouder of the boys, the coaching staff, and to all the supporters.
And while I’m at it, I’d like to thank Dan, the mods, and those that put in the extra effort (you know who you are) all year to make ST such a great site. It’s been a wild and unexpected ride. Bring on 2020.

I for one will be wearing my Manly jersey around tomorrow with pride.

Those boys had a red hot crack tonight. That's all I'll ever ask.

If decisions go against us, and they did, I'll wear it because I have to but f*ck me is it frustrating.

Let's hope the Worms get lapped tomorrow because the next best thing to Manly winning is the Squeels losing.

I'll be on the Raiders next week....easy money.

Who even are you? Watched any games live there from Hong Kong recently? We played great tonight with the team we had and the players out.. its a bit hard to be critical of the team tonight, they left everything out there.
I've flown abroad to watch Manly play live. Have you?

Seriously, the hidden KKK amongst us, take a hike. Just because I'm based in HK does not mean I have slanted eyes, haven't watched Manly live, confuse my Ls and Rs, or don't understand the intricacies of league. If that is the attitude of the Manly fan base I would have no problems seeing the team taken away from the northern beaches and based elesewhere.

We have had a good season with our coach restoring pride in our jersey
We have had multiple significant injuries and a litany of dud calls all year yet we have never given up ever .We have discovered new stars and new combos.
I thought we had that game but I thought when Parker didn’t score that it might cost us in the end

I am gutted we lost that and Jurbo did not deserve to be sent off ,looking at the Burgi getting interviewed I think they know they have absconded with that win

The reffing was beyond corrupt and more than one sided ,and basis our spare parts team being beaten by crooked officials I think Canberra will send souffs packing in quick time
Sutton should not be allowed near a 1st grade game ,I can’t believe that side of the game is so rankly amateurish and that nepotism is so alive and well in this day and age
Disgusted with the Greenbog and his corrupt NRL c&$ts
Go Manly and go the raiders
You will get your wish - Raiders by 30+ next week. They would have beaten Manly too, but this Souths team got bashed tonight and will have nothing left.

Funny that 2 years ago Manly were dubbed by that "maybe offside call" that turned around that game. No way that it was the howler that this year was though.
NYEagle

And why should that matter to me, i don't base my opinions on others.

The Eighth Immortal said Manly wouldn't win another game also.
Agree & the 8th Immoron is a delirious twat who said the Knights were Top 4 material. KInda think he needs a fix. Fuc<en idiot!

We were the better team just couldn't get a big enough break on them. They got all the calls and the luck and just kept in the game. We should have skipped out to a 2 or 3 try lead, but with the refs assistance they just kept getting tries. Our defence was probably a little soft in our 20m so that ultimately cost us. In the end the fatigue of playing 20 minutes one man down led to some silly errors at the crucial time we needed to score. When you think about the players we had missing we just lacked that little bit of class to finish the game off. I think Souths know they dodged a bullet tonight, we cut them up in attack.

Great effort from the team of fill ins, we've unwraoped some previously unrealised talent along with discovering some fresh cattle that will be better for the experience and confidence that comes with playing competitive finals football. Suli, Jetski, Waddell, Keppie, Parker and Garrick have all shown their worth. Looks good for next year when we get back to full strength.

Seriously, the hidden KKK amongst us, take a hike. Just because I'm based in HK does not mean I have slanted eyes, haven't watched Manly live, confuse my Ls and Rs, or don't understand the intricacies of league. If that is the attitude of the Manly fan base I would have no problems seeing the team taken away from the northern beaches and based elesewhere.
Would be better if you just pi$$ed off!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7