Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Sunday 14th May 2023

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW.

Gates Open:.... 11:40am.

Jersey Flegg Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks: 11:50am.

NSW Cup Kick Off Time:.... Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles v Newtown Jets: 1:35pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks: 4:05pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolutau Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Cooper Johns
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Sean Keppie
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Aloiai

14. Karl Lawton
15. Ben Trbojevic
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Aaron Woods

Replacement:

18. Kaeo Weekes.

Reserves:

Out:

19. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
20. Morgan Harper
21. Samuela Fainu
22. Josh Schuster.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Ben Condon
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Zac Fulton
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Tuesday, 09 May 2023) * * *

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Josh Schuster (Quad, Round 11-12)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Suspension, Round 13)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Calf, Round 14)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Josh Schuster (Quad, Round 11)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Suspension, Round 13)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Calf, Round 14)

Sadly this will be a mothers day disaster

Sharks won't play that badly as they did last night.

We may stay in the fight for a bit but I expect the sharks to win this one easily

40-10

Sharks won't play that badly as they did last night.

We may stay in the fight for a bit but I expect the sharks to win this one easily

40-10
I’m not so sure. The comps so tight that results like last nights sharks fins game will keep happening. We also have the wood on the sharks at home. I can see us beating them for sure at home. I hope Schu is back and siebs indicated he may be in the presser.

Yep Manly will win this one. I too hope Schu has shown enough and get's picked this week.
Either way, Moylan will be having nightmares about Haumole. Kaufusi already softened him up so he'll be running the other way every time against Manly.

Im remaining optimistic of a form turnaround. But i know where my money's going..

They’re bipolar , so you never know which side turns up until the first 2 or 3 sets.

Then you know , and quickly.

May as well toss a coin , regardless of who plays.

Totally agree. I just think Sunday arvo at Brookie we’ll be up for it and get them.
Hope you are right
If they can't get up to perform on mothers day with how they have performed over the past 2 weeks then they never will.

That is very funny indeed feathered friend , Your Mothers day disaster quote :)

I hope it wont be a Mothers day Manly Massacre in front of all those lovely Manly Mothers on the Hill and on the stands

Do it for all the Mothers Manly
Win-2-e1524624914498-edited-7625287.jpg

Now that the dust has settled on Suncorp, and it has been made clear that Manly were literally the worst performing team of the round, with each game since the Storm getting progressively worse, Seibold needs to shake things up a bit. It is round 11...
Gordon should go to 14
Humphreys to replace Johns at 6 (if Schuster is not ready)
Burbo to replace Parker
Lawton to 15 (back up edge)
Aloiai to bench and replaced by Bullemor.

What an opportunity to knock off one of the premiership heavyweights, and silence the critics (myself the first!). Conversely, another poor showing and loss will most likely signal the beginning of the end of our season. MIGOTY

Conversely, another poor showing and loss will most likely signal the beginning of the end of our season.
Love it, the beginning of the end.

Personally I think it makes more sense to think of the regular season as having a beginning, an end, and ... get this! a middle!

Say, 24 games, so 8 games in each part.

We began the beginning well but ended the beginning with a poor home loss to titans.

We've just begun the middle poorly with a home (hahahaha) loss to the Broncs.

That loss signalled the begining of the middle. We aren't even at the middle of the middle yet!

But I guess that doesn't have quite the same ring to it if you are looking for drama!

Drowning Drama Queen GIF

Any chance we can show some resolve ?

We've got a good record against the Gummies especially at Brookie. Here's hoping we show a bit of mongrel and a bit of pride in the jersey.

Do that and we can win. Play like we have the last two rounds at it'll be Cronulla 13+.

If we can resolve not to drop the ball/throw it over the sideline/throw it forward we'll have a decent chance.
If we actually go to the next level and play the ball correctly (please Kelma) then the Sharks will be very worried.
So why do you think we struggle with the basics

have coach after coach not cared, been poor at there jobs
do we have players that are crap at the basics but can lift heavy things
or do we accept a poor standard within the club with no appetite to change
are individual stats more important than team stats within the group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4