Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it, the beginning of the end.

Personally I think it makes more sense to think of the regular season as having a beginning, an end, and ... get this! a middle!

Say, 24 games, so 8 games in each part.

We began the beginning well but ended the beginning with a poor home loss to titans.

We've just begun the middle poorly with a home (hahahaha) loss to the Broncs.

That loss signalled the begining of the middle. We aren't even at the middle of the middle yet!

But I guess that doesn't have quite the same ring to it if you are looking for drama!

Drowning Drama Queen GIF
Yes you are right it is a long season, and miracles do happen.

Having said that, a team's season can be over quite early if they are no chance of making the 8

As a great poster on here says , Perspective time . We have lost 4 games and are 1 point behind 3rd spot . Long long way to go and we definitely haven't peaked too early !

As a great poster on here says , Perspective time . We have lost 4 games and are 1 point behind 3rd spot . Long long way to go and we definitely haven't peaked too early !
I like your Positive Perspective Spin feathered friend

There is time left for our Eagles to lift
But we must make the most of this precious time and start winning

Not helping much with Manly 's for and against the past few weeks either , allowing the opposition to rack up quite large scores . Could be critical in a tight final "s finish if Manly are still in the mix and to improve that facet . Better still , just start winning games again combined with a favorable F . and A .

Thank You @The Wheel

This is our Special Home Ground Mothers day Match

Where we make amends and win this game for all our Manly Mothers

And the Mother of all Legendary clubs the Manly Sea eagles

Not helping much with Manly 's for and against the past few weeks either , allowing the opposition to rack up quite large scores . Could be critical in a tight final "s finish if Manly are still in the mix and to improve that facet . Better still , just start winning games again combined with a favorable F . and A .
Maybe the draw makes that a bit different, unless we are with the knights or get more draws. The odd point changes much, or maybe we draw again

Maybe the draw makes that a bit different, unless we are with the knights or get more draws. The odd point changes much, or maybe we draw again
Guess that it can all be problematic , really need to get or try to out of negative F and A territory A S A P however .

So why do you think we struggle with the basics
have coach after coach not cared, been poor at there jobs
do we have players that are crap at the basics but can lift heavy things
or do we accept a poor standard within the club with no appetite to change
are individual stats more important than team stats within the group
Oh, I know! Ask me ask me!!
(Joking of course)

But it was a big occasion, maybe got to a couple of our men?
Combination of inexperience (eg Kelma's PTB, he did play the World Cup but is still relatively inexperienced in NRL)
and 'trying too hard', eg Turbo's passes, and Aloiai trying to 'make up 10 fold' for dropping the ball v Souths
I doubt it is bad coaching, and I don't think our players are incompetent. Just team confidence down a bit and then playing catch-up.
Maybe?

But it is certainly up to the coaches to get them feeling confident and focussed again v Sharks

So why do you think we struggle with the basics

have coach after coach not cared, been poor at there jobs
do we have players that are crap at the basics but can lift heavy things
or do we accept a poor standard within the club with no appetite to change
are individual stats more important than team stats within the group

I get frustrated when people blame coaches when players drop the ball. As if an NRL coach needs to coach good ball control. That's like me teaching 4 Unit Maths students how to add.

There are some things that are a given. Oshay Olay, I'm looking at you. Catch the effing ball.

It's just poor attention to detail. I feel sorry for Griffin at the Goons. I watched them on the weekend and they lost that game through no fault of his. Just brain explosions from professional footballers making dumb choices and failing at skills an U/12's kid has mastered. Who'd be a coach ?

I get frustrated when people blame coaches when players drop the ball. As if an NRL coach needs to coach good ball control. That's like me teaching 4 Unit Maths students how to add.

There are some things that are a given. Oshay Olay, I'm looking at you. Catch the effing ball.

It's just poor attention to detail. I feel sorry for Griffin at the Goons. I watched them on the weekend and they lost that game through no fault of his. Just brain explosions from professional footballers making dumb choices and failing at skills an U/12's kid has mastered. Who'd be a coach ?
Agree. Oshay dropping at least 4 on the weekend was unbelievably bad and costly.

Thanks @The Wheel

Golden Eagles day is always a nostalgic trip down Memory Manly lane on our Spiritual home Ground filled with the presence of our Great Golden eagles from our past Golden years

Golden Eagles day is also a Golden opportunity for all Passionate Manly people to honour our Premiership winning history and support and Inspire our present players to great heights on game day

Golden Eagle days are special days and Specials days should not be missed
Ill be there and I hope you will all be there to !

Picture Compliments Manly Media
4622_mwse_rd13goldeneaglesdump3pb-3.jpg

Last edited:

Our F/A is unlikely to mean much this season in terms of a finals spot.

The chances of another Golden Point draw would be minimal....surely.

Oh, I know! Ask me ask me!!
(Joking of course)

But it was a big occasion, maybe got to a couple of our men?
Combination of inexperience (eg Kelma's PTB, he did play the World Cup but is still relatively inexperienced in NRL)
and 'trying too hard', eg Turbo's passes, and Aloiai trying to 'make up 10 fold' for dropping the ball v Souths
I doubt it is bad coaching, and I don't think our players are incompetent. Just team confidence down a bit and then playing catch-up.
Maybe?

But it is certainly up to the coaches to get them feeling confident and focussed again v Sharks
Sorry for the pressure man......but we both know you wanted me to ask you.LOL

i think at manly maybe, just guessing, some players have been exempt to accountability due to status. in saying that everyone has seemed exempt pretty much

i think maybe still guessing its where some of the team stink comes from
i suppose i see manly collectively as a bit of a clusterbuck
all of those players have immense ability individually and could play a part in someone elses success but we are a bit loose on the beaches.
since the inner sanctum of stewies lyon and choc we have been a bit lax in not accepting how far off the pace we are.

the way we are playing maybe we should stack blacktown and hang out at henson park in the can bar promoting all the dev players and reggies into grade for 2024 exp

Yeah Baby.....
im just crazy bout the way she moves
doing the Blacktown rock

then schuster would be living close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10