Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe helpful for the Manly side today to adopt the Wayne Bennett mantra of try to be hard to beat but don 't beat yourself . Beating themselves or making it hard for themselves has been a big feature of their last two performances . Hopefully will not be kicking early into a tackle count , Struggling to keep possession as it has been recently . Need all of the side playing as close as possible to T P B level , just has not been happening also in recent games . Would like to think that the team can sufficiently or is capable to turn things around this afternoon . not only going to depend on some players lifting , has to be a combined team effort to make that a reality .

I hope Croker's shoulder holds up, with Jake out his usual defensive effort (at least), is really required with Jake out, last week he was almost ineffective after the first tackle. Keppie to improve again this week, DCE and Cooper Johns need to give some better 5th tackle options and we need to put some pressure on their kickers .. going to be a tough one .... Go Manly

Every coach I've heard has said that team continuity is always an advantage, and it's not that hard to understand why.
Fans of course are always making up their imaginary list of who are the best players, which is fine although they are rarely all available together.
Seibold is looking for positives and that's one at least.

We've got 2 of our top props out in Jake and Sips. Woods's experience helps in that situation, plus he played quite well last week.
Would you have preferred to see Boyle or Condon?
Spot on SER8 about Seibold's positivity and I'm glad I'm not the only one to think Woods played well last week. 37 tackles and around 100 metres in 40 mins was a good performance and certainly helped in Jake and Sips' absence.
I really can't understand all the bagging of him here.

Heads up for the non beaches folk - because it is a Sunday arvo game there are pretty threatening rain clouds around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4