Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always laugh, and usually laugh hard when I see everyone , on social media , blaming the coaches when a team loses.

After all , it’s the coaches fault that the prop forward lost the ball 4 times.

And it’s the coaches fault that we are playing injured players who then make more mistakes.

And it’s the coaches fault when the forward pack play like bustards , miss tackles or don’t even bother tackling.

And it’s the coaches fault that our superstar fullback is at about 50% capacity at present.

Now , there are things that are the coaches fault , selections ( at times ) , game plans ( if the team is actually playing to that plan and it’s not working ) but honestly the amount of blame given to coaches is largely bull****.

People just want to blame someone , anyone in fact and they are the easy target.

I get frustrated when people blame coaches when players drop the ball. As if an NRL coach needs to coach good ball control. That's like me teaching 4 Unit Maths students how to add.

There are some things that are a given. Oshay Olay, I'm looking at you. Catch the effing ball.

It's just poor attention to detail. I feel sorry for Griffin at the Goons. I watched them on the weekend and they lost that game through no fault of his. Just brain explosions from professional footballers making dumb choices and failing at skills an U/12's kid has mastered. Who'd be a coach ?
At the same time, the best coaches somehow very rarely oversee teams consistently dropping ball week in week out.

Maybe, just maybe, focus, professionalism, attention to detail, pride in one's work, are attributes that come through quality coaching, mentoring and team culture? Surely it's no coincidence

I always laugh, and usually laugh hard when I see everyone , on social media , blaming the coaches when a team loses.

And it’s the coaches fault that we are playing injured players who then make more mistakes.

And it’s the coaches fault when the forward pack play like bustards , miss tackles or don’t even bother tackling.

And it’s the coaches fault that our superstar fullback is at about 50% capacity at present.

Now , there are things that are the coaches fault , selections ( at times ) , game plans ( if the team is actually playing to that plan and it’s not working ) but honestly the amount of blame given to coaches is largely bull****.

People just want to blame someone , anyone in fact and they are the easy target.
If it's a weekly occurrence, then absolutely the coach is responsible

Well...I guess sometimes you have to give blaming the owners a rest.

Our F/A is unlikely to mean much this season in terms of a finals spot.

The chances of another Golden Point draw would be minimal....surely.
Golden point draws would be the rarest of rarest events for any side let alone Manly . More referring to the situation right now with a fairly congested mid range table position and if Manly can get their act together and improved winning ratio for the rest of the season , F and A could be a determining factor to make the finals somewhere .

Thank you @The Wheel

It is a about time we start celebrating New Premierships wins and club honours
instead of living off our past premiership wining Eagle Legends like Vultures

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and we stand for Nothing Great
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

The thing is we have 2 first grade coaches yet we look even worse than last year. Compare us to the way Souths play in attack and defence and we seem light years from a premiership.
Thought a good comparison against Souths was when we played them .Coming away from that game I believed we can beat them next time we meet with the same 17 we had that day .

The Sharks have a well balanced side. A hard working pack and very good backs. Unless we sort our defence at traing this week it going to be a tough afternoon on Sunday.

Spot on !
And on game plan Mark, the players have the freedom to play to a structure or pattern, but change accordingly to combat the opposition who have spent all week training to nullify the strengths of the opposition also.
These are highly paid professionals who should be self motivated and not spoon fed, I see nothing wrong with Manly's playing style, but plenty wrong with execution - attitude and commitment.....and there comes a point when the players need to take some accountability and the fans need to put the old chestnut "Must be the coaches fault" into the fire...

The Sharks have a well balanced side. A hard working pack and very good backs. Unless we sort our defence at traing this week it going to be a tough afternoon on Sunday.
Yet, as we saw, the well balanced side as you say went down to the Phins by 20pts, nothing is guaranteed anymore. It's going to be one of those games where any score line is possible, Sharks fans would be thinking the same scenarios as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10