Game Day: Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A loss sure but.....

A massive improvement in the second half. Killer's kicking cruelled us but I don't blame him. He's been great all year and sometimes the radar is just off.

We've got the makings of a good side here and for the first time in weeks I'm optimistic we can make the 8. No way in hell are we going to win it with the ways the Cows and Donkeys are going but our time will come.

DCE was much better in the second half. He's a champion player when he's got the space (We'll just pretend those couple of poor decisions at the end didn't happen)

Vave is a beast.

Tom's best game all year.

Walker has to stay in the centres. Could he turn into a 6 ? Maybe. But what's the point when he's so good at 4 ?

Lewis Brown surprises me. The guy is more than handy.

Will I Am was solid. Wright, except for the brain snap pass, was good too.

Lussick has too much stupid in his game and we can't afford his penalties. Too much like Choc without the talent.

The bye will do us good. Who knows ? We might even see something approaching a full strength side soon.
funny or crazy or what I don't know but its like most didn't even see the game.....

DCE played a very large % of the game at 5/8 but some at half and it was successful....Jamie played a roaming role, half, 5/8 and centre and
that is exactly his GO.....

WE WON that game 9 times out of 10

We lost to numbers 1, 2 and 3 to the comp. Put any other team in the comp against them except Melbourne and possibly Penrith and they lose all three games as well.
Agree and we played them in a row. How many teams have to do that. I think we can win more than we lose from now on and can make a run for the top 8. This might just be the game that turns it around for the team. I was proud of the way they got out of trouble late in the first half and continued on in the second half. We lost by 8 but everyone else had us losing by 30 or more.

What!!??!! 2005???When did Des ever have the roster or resources that Barrett has??? I have no problem if we play with heart and are beaten. You will have to excuse me though if I am reluctant to cut these new guys some slack given a club legend and successful coach who dealt with adversity, yet still got results, was replaced with these supposed messiahs.
Pfffft, Milford was offered a Million dollars to stay in Canberra, do you really think he is on 500k at the Broncos? Heck do you really think anyone at that club is paid what their contract actually says?

You seem to think that we should win every game we play and always be top of the table. People need to realize that clubs have peaks and troughs, and we are rebuilding. This year seriously reminds me of 2005, and people were crying for Des Hasler's head then as well.

The Ox may have the love of some but his selfish long-running negotiations that resulted in the club losing players negated any love I had. A real mercenary to the very end. Ranks up there with Dale Shearer for failing to have the club's best interest. I know, it is just a business zzzzzz

What do you mean by that? What did Orford do with his contract negotiating?

We are a mess of a football team but there were some glimpses of decent footy there. The problem is that most of it came from guys like Ferris. Dce had moments and I think with Api as his 5/8 we will make some improvement but we need a massive massive change in personnel.

DCE looks really solid going to the line

See how we weren't blown away early around the middle of the ruck either. Like I said, start Myles off the bench. Still think Jake should be prop, with a backrow of Taupau, Symonds and Buhrer.

What!!??!! 2005???When did Des ever have the roster or resources that Barrett has??? I have no problem if we play with heart and are beaten. You will have to excuse me though if I am reluctant to cut these new guys some slack given a club legend and successful coach who dealt with adversity, yet still got results, was replaced with these supposed messiahs.

I would say that 2008 team literally had no weaknesses. There were no guys too old, there were no guys too young, most of that side was great.

Again, people don't want to accept this, but this team has weaknesses on paper, mainly our aging backs and lack of a second half. Yes this team has some really good players in it, but it has very obvious weaknesses that people are exploiting.

Agree and we played them in a row. How many teams have to do that. I think we can win more than we lose from now on and can make a run for the top 8. This might just be the game that turns it around for the team. I was proud of the way they got out of trouble late in the first half and continued on in the second half. We lost by 8 but everyone else had us losing by 30 or more.

Yep they all had a dig tonite huge improvement.

I would say that 2008 team literally had no weaknesses. There were no guys too old, there were no guys too young, most of that side was great.

Again, people don't want to accept this, but this team has weaknesses on paper, mainly our aging backs and lack of a second half. Yes this team has some really good players in it, but it has very obvious weaknesses that people are exploiting.
Agreed, the 2016 side is weak.

The little coward speaks. You were definitely born on the side of a road, that's where most accidents happen.
How can everyone say that Killers goal kicking killed us when we lost by 8 and his misses amounted to 6. We played very well against the top team in the competition and I was very proud of the way they fought back late in the first half and most of the second half.

It didn't kill us but it didn't help!

I am willing to give him a bit more time. It's not him that gives away the stupid penalties, drops the ball and misses all 3 conversions.
How hard is it to take a player to one side and lay down the law. Do it again mate and you won't be playing first grade again this season.. Dropped ball well everyone drops the ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4