Game Day: Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL Team
Brett Stewart 2. Matthew Wright 3. Jamie Lyon 1. Tom Trbojevic 5. Brayden Wiliame 6.Dylan Walker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Darcy Lussick 9. Matt Parcell 10. Nate Myles 11. Lewis Brown 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Blake Leary 15. Josh Starling 16. Brenton Lawrence 17. Siosaia Vave

1437712363894.jpg

louisnizer116464.jpg

Last edited:
We needed Taupau to be any chance in this one and unfortunately he is out, Barret doubts snake and Skivvi will be back. It's will be another tough loss but I will be nice to see Tom have another game as fullback. He was great under the high ball last week and will be better off with 6 days off. DCE last chance to impress for origin expecting a big game from him also. It will be a tough period for us I don't see us coming a back to full strength until about round 18-20. Snake will return but re injure his hamstrings. I expect losses in our next 5 games but I think we will start winning some games up near round 20

Just thinking about this game makes me feel physically ill. You know the world is all topsy turvey when the Sharks are a top 4 team and we are a bottom 4 team (Yes I know we are 11th, but we are playing like a bottom 4 team).

We need a serious change in attitude and quickly.

On another note, read the below rumour on another league post;

I heard a story by Josh Massoud regarding Kieran Foran and the leaks of his allegedly unpaid third party payments at Manly. Massoud's odds that is was the Eels who it was leaked this information may well be spot on the mark. The person who created the leak may come as a surprise, given his supposed admiration for Foran. I have some reason to believe that it was Brad Arthur who actually leaked the information to media. I have been made aware of a discussion that took place in a multi-level car park, near Church Street Parramatta. It seems that Arthur and possibly another Parramatta official, were having a discussion. At some point during this, I have been told that Arthur stated to the person present; 'I would do anything for this club, I think that I showed that by leaking Foz's ****ing dollar issues with Manly out there'. They then parted company.

I think I'm correct in stating that Manly has a more dominant win-loss record over the Sharks than any of of the other 14 clubs. I think it is roughly 4 wins from every 5 encounters.
All clubs have their 'bogey' opposition clubs.
Therefore, my hope is that the Sherks' bogey will continue on Saturday night.

LOL, my first reaction was, "oh God, we have to face another team". Then a sense of dread filled me.
I feel the same way Ryan,
You know you're in for a hiding when you wake up on a Monday morning and all you can hear is the theme music from Jaws.

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Matthew Wright
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Brayden Wiliame
6 Dylan Walker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Darcy Lussick
9 Matt Parcell
10 Nate Myles
11 Lewis Brown
12 Jamie Buhrer
13 Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
14 Blake Leary
15 Josh Starling
16 Brenton Lawrence
17 Siosaia Vave

Here is the team of busted's that is going to get flogged by The Sharks:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Matthew Wright
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steve Matai
05. Brayden Wiliame
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Nate Myles
11. Lewis Brown
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Blake Leary
15. Josh Starling
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Siosai Vave

What a ****ing joke !

+ Symonds + AFB lose their spot, but Myles continues to start?
+ Leary? Over Mateo? Where is Mateo. He is better than Brown, Leary, Vave at a minimum.
+ Vave got absolutely raped mobility wise against The Broncs. His reward, selection over many other players.

Glad to see Starling and Buhrer back. Would have picked Symonds over Leary and benched Lussick for Lawrence or Starling but otherwise looks as good as what we've got at this point.

Fonua-Blake probably deserves a spot somewhere on the bench as well..... but given I'm tempted to drop Lussick or Myles which Barrett has starting........

Surprisingly I'm not as pessimistic as everyone else about this game, think we have a shot.

Here is the latest Sea Eagles injury update, proudly brought to you by Elastoplast.

Apisai Koroisau (ribs) Rd 13

Feleti Mateo (neck) Rd 13

Jorge Taufua (collarbone), Rd 13

Isaac John (pec), Rd 16

Jayden Hodges (ACL), season

No mention of Snake in either Injury nor Team list :wondering:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8