Game Day: Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Buhrer makes a difference, he has been missed.

Buhrer certainly makes a huge difference . But having lyon at 5/8 and Tom T and walker in the centre gave Manly far more spark than they've had all season. Be sure to note this Cronulla side is one of the big three this season with Brisbane and the Cows. And they came close to taking them on home ground. Big improvemen. We're passed the big three now. I think we're going to see a few wins in the next few weeks if the play as well as that.

Be sure to note this Cronulla side is one of the big three this season with Brisbane and the Cows.

On the Sharks performance tonight, a game which theoretically should have seen them blow us off the park given the form of both sides leading into the game.....its a two horse race between NQ and Brisbane, maybe 3 if Melbourne can maintain its form.

The Sharks are top 4 in this current competition but they are not going to win the 2016 premiership without a lot of luck.

That was such a better performance. We showed heart and grit something I haven't seen so far this year. The changes Barrett made worked and with Skivvy, Taufua and Taupau to come back we aren't dead yet. There is a shift coming in the comp because of Origin and the NRL will want to manipulate the comp to stop the dominance of just a couple of teams. I can see origin killing the Sharks and Cows chances. By August those teams will be fatigued and hopefully the horror injury toll that we've had will transfer to the current top 4 especially the cheats from donkey town.
Love that last line Mick. Was sitting with some smug Broncos fans tonight who wanted Manly to win, just so they stay top of the table. As far as there concerned they've got it in the bag ( apparently the Cows can't win it again).

If anyone has a copy of the 2008 GF DVD which gives a choice between Nein and 2GB commentary for the game, listen to the radio call (if you can stomach Hadlee that is). Brohman was basically saying we were in trouble for almost the whole first half and that Melbourne were looking the better team. How did that work out?

Brohman is just another commentator who basically death rides Manly every single time.
No team will ever better that result, haters like that no-one Brohman are always gonna hate and that's exactly why we are different from every other team in the comp, we thrive on the negative energy that all those tossers vent and we always will, it has always given me a sense of pride as a lifelong Eagles supporter to know that the intensity of the dislike for us held by everyone else is only a mask for their genuine jealousy, in fact I pity these poor souls because no matter how bad things can occasionally get for us when the chips are down as they are now, as a Manly supporter I know it's only a lull during the rebuilding phase and the great ship Manly will resume it's normal course towards success in the near future, if Barrett doesn't work out we will make the necessary adjustments and get back to business.

yeah yeah yeah better performance and all that but **** it's getting annoying watching manly lay all over players giving away penalties.

what do they think the refs are going to do????

walkers last one put the sharks into position to score and they did.

Nice job stewart backing into barba causing us a no try. I guess as someone inexperienced needs a bit more time to understand how ****ed up that effort was. Oh wait...you're not inexperienced? Ok just keep waddling around the back of the line and desperately passing the ball when ever you're made to receive a kick.

speaking of kicks....gee, wouldn't it be nice to have been 18 - 12 at the 52 min mark but nooooo Mr "reliable" just had to have an off day against the front running sharks. It's ok though...watching him laugh it up with the trainer after missing his third straight kick reassured us that his feelings were not hurt. I reckon there are a lot of wild pigs out west feeling safer and safer.

So many good efforts last night let down by the galactically ****ing stupid efforts and executions of a few.

**** this ****, pull your damn heads outta your asses you yo-yo's!

Buhrer certainly makes a huge difference . But having lyon at 5/8 and Tom T and walker in the centre gave Manly far more spark than they've had all season. Be sure to note this Cronulla side is one of the big three this season with Brisbane and the Cows. And they came close to taking them on home ground. Big improvemen. We're passed the big three now. I think we're going to see a few wins in the next few weeks if the play as well as that.

I thought that was Tommy's best game of the season so far last night. He is good at fullback. He's good on the wing. He is great at centre! With the defence he demands...if he can get some off loads to his winger, we could see a lot of tries in the future. Loved his game last night!

Also liked the efforts of BJ and Jake. BJ playing 33mins clocked up 96m and 17 tackles. Jake played the 80mins and rattled up 125m and 37 tackles! Great effort boys!! All the forwards went well, but these two stood out for me.

Last edited:
I thought that was Tommy's best game of the season so far last night. He is good at fullback. He's good on the wing. He is great at centre! With the defence he demands...if he can get some off loads to his winger, we could see a lot of tries in the future. Loved his game last night!

108kg is no joke and he still looks small for his frame! The kid could fill out and be a top prop

108kg is no joke and he still looks small for his frame! The kid could fill out and be a top prop

He will be a monster for sure. At the moment he still has that slightly awkward gait expected of such a young, tall and heavy bloke, still filling out. The punishment he puts his still growing body through week in week out will add to that I guess.

Once his body reaches its full maturity in a couple of years, he will make the likes of Inglis and Oates look ordinary. lol

He'll be a beast!!

He will be a monster for sure. At the moment he still has that slightly awkward gait expected of such a young, tall and heavy bloke, still filling out. The punishment he puts his still growing body through week in week out will add to that I guess.

Once his body reaches its full maturity in a couple of years, he will make the likes of Inglis and Oates look ordinary. lol

He'll be a beast!!

Agree, once he grows into his body he will leave those in his wake

Wow there will be some worried teams in a few weeks when we get a full compliment. Some of those backline raids were very slick and like the manly of old . I wonder we're we would be sitting if killer started in 6 every game , im thinking 8 from 11 , ahh well not to worry. Manly will want to move and lock the turbos down , they are absolute champions already and could be anything so we need to move fast and ensure they stay manly .

Fafita played himself into SOO
Tom showed that centre should be his future position with Walker once killer & skivy have retired.
I still think with the current line up DCE to 5/8 & Api at 1/2 could be a positive pairing
Tom Jake & BJ were really good with Vave, Brown & Buhrer all putting in great effort .... pleasure to be able to use that e word this week

heard the commentary team say TT was 104kg last night which seems about right.

I guess the old players weight is a very uncontrolled and unchecked number anyway.

Most players drop a few Kegs across the season as well

Tom showed that centre should be his future position with Walker once killer & skivy have retired.
I still think with the current line up DCE to 5/8 & Api at 1/2 could be a positive pairing
Tom Jake & BJ were really good with Vave, Brown & Buhrer all putting in great effort .... pleasure to be able to use that e word this week

Fafita's motor for a bloke that big is fantastic and he will get away with even more niggle in SOO. Tamou is in fine form as well and those 2 have to be certs.

For sure mate i like tom at Centre, i think over the years he will be used as inglis is especially in rep . BUT be better then inglis and be more involved ( barring injury ) for the full 80 .

On the Sharks performance tonight, a game which theoretically should have seen them blow us off the park given the form of both sides leading into the game.....its a two horse race between NQ and Brisbane, maybe 3 if Melbourne can maintain its form.

The Sharks are top 4 in this current competition but they are not going to win the 2016 premiership without a lot of luck.

I wouldnt underestimate the Sharks Holden. Their forward pack is almost origin quality and with a set of backs including Barba, Bird, Holmes and Maloney, they are a classy outfit.

Teams usually only play as well as the opposition let them, so give credit to Manly for keeping them in check, especially given they wanted to give it to Manly for their earlier loss.

They've so far defeated Brisbane and Melbourne already this season and came within a converted try of the Cowboys at the latter's home. They've given a couple of other sides a whipping.

This is the best Sharks side I've seen that they've had since the 70s Holden.

For sure mate i like tom at Centre, i think over the years he will be used as inglis is especially in rep . BUT be better then inglis and be more involved ( barring injury ) for the full 80 .

Play Tom at centre and we may have a chance of enticing Gutherson back in 2018.

yeah yeah yeah better performance and all that but **** it's getting annoying watching manly lay all over players giving away penalties.

what do they think the refs are going to do????

walkers last one put the sharks into position to score and they did.

Nice job stewart backing into barba causing us a no try. I guess as someone inexperienced needs a bit more time to understand how ****ed up that effort was. Oh wait...you're not inexperienced? Ok just keep waddling around the back of the line and desperately passing the ball when ever you're made to receive a kick.

speaking of kicks....gee, wouldn't it be nice to have been 18 - 12 at the 52 min mark but nooooo Mr "reliable" just had to have an off day against the front running sharks. It's ok though...watching him laugh it up with the trainer after missing his third straight kick reassured us that his feelings were not hurt. I reckon there are a lot of wild pigs out west feeling safer and safer.

So many good efforts last night let down by the galactically ****ing stupid efforts and executions of a few.

**** this ****, pull your damn heads outta your asses you yo-yo's!
Hey, go easy... that's unfair, he was busy organising the defence from the back when that happened.

Irrespective of the multiple personas presented by the deceiving trickster, he will always answer to the sobriquet, 'troll'.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4