Game Day: Manly v Rorters [Round 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elgey needs to get more involved... simple. He needs to take control of that left side and show some confidence. Tackle 6 options for example are all left for DCE. There is too much expected of DCE and its showing already with bad kicks and decisions.

After our last 4 years I can take a lot of positives out of that game

Old mate Zorba didn’t miss Barrett on radio this morning:

"The ex-coach, the-ex CEO they've got a lot to answer for" Peter Peters on the squad which Des Hasler has at his disposal at the @SeaEagles. "We've got probably one of the worst three-quarters in the history of the club going onto the field at the moment."

Elgey needs to get more involved... simple. He needs to take control of that left side and show some confidence. Tackle 6 options for example are all left for DCE. There is too much expected of DCE and its showing already with bad kicks and decisions.
To be fair Elgey has tommo, Parker and Taufua to work with on his side. That is beyond tough for a new half in the team who’s had to play in god awful conditions. He needs to be a kick option more I agree but I think a lot of time the lack of organization to our end of sets doesn’t allow for two kicking options, hence pressure on dce as primary kick option. I think we need to persist with Elgey. Aside from the miss on teddy I think his d has improved and that was my big worry with him.

Every team knows DCE is our main kicker and target him by shutting him down or making him make terrible decisions. That's why Elgey needs to be there abouts to take that pressure off him. Opposition teams need to be in two minds as to who the ball will go to, but at this stage its just predictable football. As I stated before our last tackle options are amateurish at times. The team cant just sit on their hands waiting for Turbo to come back and magically start winning games. I know its very early in the season but our halves need to stand up and start taking control of games or it will be another year of failure.
Start taking some risks boys and play what's in front of you.
Go Manly

Relax people ..... I have been reliably informed by all the people who have been so kind in educating me over the past 12 months .. that all we need is a game plan ....

Every team knows DCE is our main kicker and target him by shutting him down or making him make terrible decisions. That's why Elgey needs to be there abouts to take that pressure off him. Opposition teams need to be in two minds as to who the ball will go to, but at this stage its just predictable football. As I stated before our last tackle options are amateurish at times. The team cant just sit on their hands waiting for Turbo to come back and magically start winning games. I know its very early in the season but our halves need to stand up and start taking control of games or it will be another year of failure.
Start taking some risks boys and play what's in front of you.
Go Manly

I agree with you on that, DCE plays a great deal better when he isn't under so much pressure, when there is options like when we had Green, or years back with Foran, or as recently as the SOO game 3 his abilities shine. I have been saying for a long time we need to stop the predictable 6th tackle option. Elgey hopefully will grow in confidence and the halves can work together better with time, but the other issue is ball out of dummy half, Api or whoever is in there needs to alternate and be willing to give the ball to the left more, it is of no use Elgey being there and ready to go if the ball goes to DCE every single time. It isn't just a confidence thing for Elgey or a control issue with DCE, its ball out of dummy half not going left and has been a problem for a few years.

"The ex-coach, the-ex CEO they've got a lot to answer for" Peter Peters on the squad which Des Hasler has at his disposal at the @SeaEagles. "We've got probably one of the worst three-quarters in the history of the club going onto the field at the moment."

The man recruited as the 'Head of Football' at our club from mid 2015 to late 2017 oversaw all recruitment decisions. His name and photo was certainly pasted all over the news articles for the good news stories, where it was claimed he was responsible for re-signing our big-name stars.

And yet when our salary cap punishment was imminent at the end of 2017, he promptly quit saying "job done".

Does he have anything to answer for? Guessing not...

Bozo was brought in to rebuild the roster ZtC :wait:

You throw an Aitken in along with Turbo back and the future gun Garrick as well , things look exciting ahead . Elliot on one wing and Hoppa or Suli on the other . Garrick belongs in the centres for me . Doesn't look to shabby really.

Bring Hoppa home. He's a waste of space at the dogs.
Get it done Des. Piss Walker, Parker and Taufua off and bring Will home where he belongs. There's enough money there to entice him and have some spare change.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8