Game Day: Manly v Rorters [Round 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have some decent forwards, we have some speed in the backs, Elliot and Garrick have pace. We need a half back and a five eight or a game plan that works without pivots. Des is still trialing players and structures and we will start racking up some wins in April. We should finish ahead of the Dogs and the Titans and, from 2020, it should be good.

Much better second half there, sparked by Fainu and DCE coming to life.

Didn't expect to win, even with Cronk and Friend not playing. But the fact that we showed heart was good to see.

I can't take too much out of the second half. Roosters had it won and most of our comeback occured when Keary was off was well so they were missing 3/4 of their spine at that time.

Like I keep harping on - Fainu is a winner and this bloke is a star in the making.

Waddell was excellent in defence and looks way better than Gosi.

Add Turbo, Walker (or buy a good replacement), AFB, Paeseka- then in a month or two add Hopoate - we will be a totally different proposition.

I would also put Cust in the halves with Cherry. I don’t rate Elgey.

I also don’t rate Elliot at all and would much rather see someone else get a crack if Turbo is out next week.

Cant trot out same starters. It’s so obvious we need to give young guys a go. Fainus work around the ruck just gives DCE so much more time. Garrick has SPEED.

Roosters put the whip away but geez it was good to see young blokes back themselves instead of the pedestrian first half. You can’t win games giving up 20 with blokes who just don’t cut it.

DCE
Elgey
Garrick
Suli (Walker)
Hoppa later yea
Tom

Is a decent backline with upside

And get Fainu on the f... ing field

Better Second Half, won the last 30 mins 18-Nil
Whilst DCE had errors, I think the coaching staff need to work more on LG
Thought Elliott was good but looking forward to Turbo returning.
I still stand by my earlier post in this thread regarding respect for a first grade jumper, first half defence was pis$ weak and not of first grade standard

WOW that was great to see, what a turnaround. Some fight in this side

DCE much better, Garrick and Waddel are the future

Much better second half there, sparked by Fainu and DCE coming to life.

Didn't expect to win, even with Cronk and Friend not playing. But the fact that we showed heart was good to see.

I can't take too much out of the second half. Roosters had it won and most of our comeback occured when Keary was off was well so they were missing 3/4 of their spine at that time.

Get walker and tom back in this side, and a few weeks playing together with elgey and dce, and some dry weather and there is a a heap of improvement in this side.

These conditions are horrible

The same conditions the sombreros played in? Not trying to **** you, but they caught the "ball" we didn't.

26 nil could have turned real ugly. Some great fighting spirit shown. Quite a respectable result in the end against the billion dollars premiers and with some shyte weather to cope with as well.
The second half showed the team was not willing to throw in the towel.
And stuff the wanky commentators constantly talking about the chooks being down on troops. We were down Tom, AFB and Walker.

We are still way off the pace. The only positive out of that loss is it might give the guys some confidence. But let’s not get carried away, roosters took the foot of the gas after shredding us for 40 minutes.

Des needs to shake up the team so players value their spot more.

I’d drop Thompson, put in Waddell
Switch fainu and api
Drop Parker for funa
Drop tafua for anyone. He has completely lost it

Conditions were horrible too especially for a new manly spine. Tom back and hopefully elgey will keep growing in confidence and get better. Will have cade cust as well and i really rate him

Why do we have to be 22 down before we do anything ?
And last week....out of the game before scoring at the death.
There is no credit in coming back when the opposition is down to 2 on the bench and has put the cue in the rack.

Was it better than last week ? Yes. But losing by less is nothing to get excited about.

We've got a long long way to go.

Yeah... maybe if Trent was still here... oh wait a second... what was the score in the corresponding game last sea

Conditions were horrible too especially for a new manly spine. Tom back and hopefully elgey will keep growing in confidence and get better. We have cade cust as well and i really rate him

Please just stop with this second half comeback and fight crap

The game was over, roosters had cue in the rack and the result was never in doubt

**** team with no heart fight or pride in the jersey

Spoon time

They had shots at our line yet we deterred them. Game of halves though

That’s the fight that inspires change. Good stuff manly. Our first half was worsened by poor kick diffusion by Suli and Parker in wet conditions. Second half was dryer and we came roaring home with better confidence.

Dry game hopefully next week! Roosters missed Cronk And Friend, we missed Trbo, Walker and AFB. Pretty much cancels out the losses and shows we did well in second half

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6