Game Day: Manly v Rorters [Round 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Jake is the reason DCE is struggling. Jurbo has been shocking since the first trial. The sooner Waddell is the lock the better.

I won't say he's playing badly. I mean, his defence tonight has resulted in 3 Chooks errors. But that play when he kicked, he simply got in the way. You could see the ball was intended for DCE and Jake made no effort to get back before the pass.

redlineg

Reserve Grader
Not sure what to make of that half, we were terrible.
We have a squad of 30 and picked 17 on the field today.
I am throwing this out three, IF and only IF the second half is just s bad as the first, should Des include the other 13 in the Squad next week and the best 4 from this week to send a message of what is required to play first grade, and bench the rest, it will likely end up being another loss, or should we just suck up lack lustre perfromances.
Or am I just being too harsh.
Defence in the first half was Pi%# Weak, apart from Joiel's hit
Cheers

Kevinward777

First Grader
As I said, but was howled down for as a negative ****, we are an embarrassment, and Hasler isn't the wizard as everyone stated.

People now get what they deserve in this performance.
Ryan mate... Hasler has inherited one of the weakest rosters in the entire competition, has no salary cap room to bring in any decent players, and is missing our only two NRL level quality backs that we have from our side. No coach in history would be able to do anything with the backline we have out there this evening. Wait and see how he goes when he has had an opportunity to build a squad.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
It is disappointing but not a shock

We are weak without injuries...take our walker , turbo and the forwards out we are really struggling

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Anyone notice Greenturd in the coach’s box next to Robbo.
Grabbed a photo of him.

B0E9FD1B-3C61-4463-9401-CA78E431743E.jpeg

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As I said, but was howled down for as a negative ****, we are an embarrassment, and Hasler isn't the wizard as everyone stated.

People now get what they deserve in this performance.

Its not so much the performance. I dont think's its unexpected, i predicted we'd get beaten by 40 plus, thinking try weather they'd just slaughter us.

It more the state of the roster, its tragic.

As I said elsewhere Jake is he only player from Manly who would make a composite 17 man side between the two teams.

Des has very little to work with. But as you said he probably isnt the wizard.

Its a sad state to be in at a time when relocation is on the agenda.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Wasn't there a report early in the week that 24 of our players were playing for a contract this year.
Well, it looks like they have no interest in playing NRL and we will be on the lookout for 24 new players.

an entire thread

it was inaccurate but it does exist

D

Deleted member 26876

1. The rain
2. Daly Cherry-Evans
3. Failure to play to wet conditions
4. Wingers too scared to compete in the air (Jorge Taufua and Suli)

The reasons we are getting pumped. Our backs need to learn to challenge kicks, without that we’d only be down by two tries and would’ve taken confidence from some good defence. But no, they watch.

Extremely disappointed in Cherry-Evans’ game tonight, hopefully Des rips into the team. Trust us to have to play in the rain again though, we are absolutely incompetent of playing to the conditions

qldeagle

Bencher
It's OK cos DCE will pick up his $55,000 cheque for doing jack sheet. Business as usual as we're used to mediocrity.

hozza

Bencher
This seriously comes down to the last 3 years of horrendous fuc$ing recruitment. 24?players off contract, only 5 or 6 should be retained.

A few juniors should get a contract and we need to be very very careful with who we recruit. First step, not giving to much money to the Turbo boys( who I love), they must stay for the love of the club, not the money. Manly the club must come first...

Order66

Unlimited Power!
Go to the DCE thread, iv been saying for 2 1/2 years that he’s garbage. Has 4 good games a year, at most..
Mate iv been calling him the garbage man since mid 2015 lol he had an amazing game against canberra got 6 try assists then.... straight garbo!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16