Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 9, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We were one great tackle on their line from a win the last ditch tackle on Walker when he looked in for all the world

The pass to JWH for his try was forward by a mile and then we get pinned for Uates try which the pass was flat at worst. Then after Mitchell smashes Tom without the ball they somehow get the penalty because their winger got run off the ball which was bull****. Never gonna beat the refs

The pass to JWH for his try was forward by a mile and then we get pinned for Uates try which the pass was flat at worst. Then after Mitchell smashes Tom without the ball they somehow get the penalty because their winger got run off the ball which was bull****. Never gonna beat the refs
Never gonna beat the refs until we stop beating ourselves.

Refs were atrocious today. Even the Rooster loving nine commentary were flummoxed at the forwards passes left uncalled.

So I went to the game today, my first and probably last of the season. Geez $39 to get in was a bit steep. Anyways

Answer me this wise ones;

Why doesn't Jake pass the ball Tom anymore?

We played ok today, but the reality is the roosters despite being strong on paper have been ordinary all year and were there for the taking again today..
A better team would have put them away.. Anyhow reasonably pleased with the effort.

The roosters final try, the pass to Ferguson wasn't forward either yet was called up. That was game over for us. The refs weren't only bad for us. However I do believe that if they played on when walker supposedly knocked on and then checked it through the video ref then we wouldn't be having this conversation. They had a bad game but I don't believe they targeted us tonight. To be fair though if cherry had his head in the game rather than on what he'll spend his millions on next then he wouldn't have missed that goal and we wouldn't be having this conversation either.

So I went to the game today, my first and probably last of the season. Geez $39 to get in was a bit steep. Anyways

Answer me this wise ones;

Why doesn't Jake pass the ball Tom anymore?
Tom’s flat out catching the thing at the moment, let alone passing!!

Roosters were poor.
We were even poorer, especially the ball security.

We did some good things, but it's hard to win when you keep giving up possession.

It says a lot when we are "happy with the effort, despite another loss".

Yeah, there were plenty of mistakes but I thought overall we were the better team by a fair bit. We definitely lost out with the rub of the green and would have won had it been even. A vast improvement that will continue improving if we keep turning up to play.

I don't anyone on here is happy with losing, more happy we are at least improving and are competitive right up to the final whistle, so at least we can stand to watch the match. Players are trying just letting themselves down during a few times throughout the match. Still thought we were the better side, one another day we get the 50-50 calls or score there at the end and win. Just got to keep putting the effort in and all we need is one win the change momentum.

I think you'll find that years of drug use has taken it's toll & the fool is losing his mind. That guy is a dickh@#d just like his imbecile brother. I haven't watched the CH9 coverage in about 3 years.......
And he is a consort of underworld figures. Kind of a latter day Jack Gibson, who also rambled a bit in commentary. However I digress.

And Andrew brought some of his underworld mates into the Brookvale milieu, by extension one of the reasons why our outfit had been under so much scrutiny in recent times.

I understand people praising the effort. The side definitely kept trying. I have to give them that.

But I still maintain it was a poor performance and this coming from someone who doesn't often make negative or critical posts.

We had every opportunity to put the Chooks away yesterday and came up with duck egg. Our attack reminded me of when the Chooks played the Dogs. The Dogs had all the ball yet still lost 6-0. They threw the same play at them over and over again expecting they would eventually crack and they didn't. Watch yesterday's game over. We did EXACTLY the same thing. Our edge back rowers need to run better lines and when they get the ball early, learn to straighten to stop the defence sliding and get them to turn in.

DCE needs to stop with the shallow bombs expecting that our wingers will out jump the opposition. Did he only just meet them ? They're like white men....CAN"T JUMP. He'd be far better off with the grubber kick. Let the ball bounce everywhere as it goes into the in goal. At least we'll get a repeat set and build pressure. Or force an error.

All I can think of is if the side from 2011 was out there yesterday, they would've put 50 on that mob.

The sole focus next week needs to be ball security. Something simple. Because frankly, anything else seems to be beyond us right now. The Donkeys are not playing that well right now either but the sad thing is, as it stands, they won't need to.

I hope we don't have to put up with losing much longer. I'm over it.

I don't anyone on here is happy with losing, more happy we are at least improving and are competitive right up to the final whistle, so at least we can stand to watch the match. Players are trying just letting themselves down during a few times throughout the match. Still thought we were the better side, one another day we get the 50-50 calls or score there at the end and win. Just got to keep putting the effort in and all we need is one win the change momentum.
Hopefully Ure right Simon - my only concern is us having a let down after losing a few tough ones . Hard to keep the heads up especially now we're going in against some really classy teams in the next month or so. Fingers crossed mate!

I understand people praising the effort. The side definitely kept trying. I have to give them that.

But I still maintain it was a poor performance and this coming from someone who doesn't often make negative or critical posts.

We had every opportunity to put the Chooks away yesterday and came up with duck egg. Our attack reminded me of when the Chooks played the Dogs. The Dogs had all the ball yet still lost 6-0. They threw the same play at them over and over again expecting they would eventually crack and they didn't. Watch yesterday's game over. We did EXACTLY the same thing. Our edge back rowers need to run better lines and when they get the ball early, learn to straighten to stop the defence sliding and get them to turn in.

DCE needs to stop with the shallow bombs expecting that our wingers will out jump the opposition. Did he only just meet them ? They're like white men....CAN"T JUMP. He'd be far better off with the grubber kick. Let the ball bounce everywhere as it goes into the in goal. At least we'll get a repeat set and build pressure. Or force an error.

All I can think of is if the side from 2011 was out there yesterday, they would've put 50 on that mob.

The sole focus next week needs to be ball security. Something simple. Because frankly, anything else seems to be beyond us right now. The Donkeys are not playing that well right now either but the sad thing is, as it stands, they won't need to.

Agree. Especially the shallow bombs. Maybe DCE watched the Warriors game and thought he had two 6'5 wingers who can catch the ball on the full out there.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/07/judiciary-charges-radley-facing-suspsension-manu-charged/

Roosters forward Victor Radley is facing a one-match ban for a careless high tackle on Manly prop Martin Taupau, and is one of three players charged by the NRL match review committee from Sunday's Telstra Premiership matches.

Radley will receive a one-match suspension if he enters an early guilty plea or is found guilty at the judiciary, after being hit with a grade two charge.

His Roosters teammate Joseph Manu can avoid a suspension with an early plea after being charged with dangerous contact over a tackle on Manly's Dylan Walker that drew criticism from Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett.

And you know what in most games this year so far if we had played anywhere near 2011 or even last year we would be in the top 4.

Apart from st George , storm and panthers ( if fully fit) this comp is so open and I feel we have missed a huge opportunity but we as you said we are playing so poorly.

And yes this is not the manly I know and care about, I could handle this better if I knew really cared about this place at the moment right from owners down , support staff and coach does not feel like this, everyone just trying to save their own faces rather than the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4