Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 9, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We were the better team. it was 3 tries all, difference being that stupid run off the ball penalty by Mathew wright. Plus we lost out on a few 50-50 calls. Mistakes by Tom, Matt Wright and Frank were critical, but still dominated them for most of the second half, just a break down near the line a few times when we had them.
Excuses don't win games . Quality play does . IMO we were not the better team

You're spot on

Of course it is poor coaching, just before kickoff I've got no doubt that Barrett walked up to Tom and said "mate, when the game gets tight today, make sure you make some basic errors"

Yes the doomsday crew would have you believe that!!

Putting things in perspective....
How good were we ?. The Roosters have not beaten us since God knows how long .
We were not even good enough to maintain our winning record against the team that we have the wood on .

Excuses don't win games . Quality play does . IMO we were not the better team
the stats show otherwise mate, more runs, more line breaks, more meters, less miss tackles, more possession, tackle more in opposition 20m, received more penalties

but yeah, roosters were the better side, i dont think so.

the stats show otherwise mate, more runs, more line breaks, more meters, less miss tackles, more possession, tackle more in opposition 20m, received more penalties

but yeah, roosters were the better side, i dont think so.
That's right we had all the stats going our way but we were not good enough to take advantage and win the game . A quality performing team does not lose with stats like that . We will agree to disagree feathered friend

Effort was definitely there today but the still too frequent unforced errors and ordinary execution and finishing in the opposition 20 is still proving a drag to jag that still elusive win . Great effort and inspiration from Marty , thought all of the run on forwards and then including Paseka went really well . Considering that Suli was so unfit only a matter of weeks ago , played with real purpose and certainly has every prospect of being a damaging runner in approaching games. If Tom can lift his game a bit and maybe the inclusion of Tom Wright for Matt, no reason why the side can not go to the next level to start to actually win footy games again . Just hope that the club can retain the likes of Suli , Lane , Paseka and Anderson for future seasons to again compliment the main nucleus of the side and for what should be then better times ahead .So close to get the result today , a bit trying but again at least the guys had a real dig today .

of course, its Barrett's fault again!
Its not Barrett's fault . What accountability does Trent have ?
Its our fault . All us mugs at the Silvertails forum fault . :rofl:
There is always next week . Lets hope we get a win next week so we can love Trent again . He is only a win from being loved
Every one loves a winner especially us Proud Manly supporters
be539ea3c964689d658d840c10f1f648.jpg

Effort was definitely there today but the still too frequent unforced errors and ordinary execution and finishing in the opposition 20 is still proving a drag to jag that still elusive win . Great effort and inspiration from Marty , thought all of the run on forwards and then including Paseka went really well . Considering that Suli was so unfit only a matter of weeks ago , played with real purpose and certainly has every prospect of being a damaging runner in approaching games. If Tom can lift his game a bit and maybe the inclusion of Tom Wright for Matt, no reason why the side can not go to the next level to start to actually win footy games again . Just hope that the club can retain the likes of Suli , Lane , Paseka and Anderson for future seasons to again compliment the main nucleus of the side and for what should be then better times ahead .So close to get the result today , a bit trying but again at least the guys had a real dig today .

Sign the young guys up and offload Uate The wright brothers, Brown Suronen and Croker the shoker. Not to mention the whole coaching staff.

Was only watching the game from a distance at the local, but was Radley's hit on Taupau placed on report ? Could not hear the commentary but it looked ordinary from where I was watching, then the pr&ck makes a try-saver.

Mattthew Wright has been a pedestrian all year. He is not being resigned next year so time for him to do some time in Blacktown. As for Tommy T, maybe play with a pacifier. You earn big bucks son, get out of the big boy britches and become a man and not a sheboy mate.!!!!

We were at the game and we did play better today, the effort was there and I thought Walker played his best game this year, while I am not going to blame Cherry for the 2 point difference I hope his poor attempt to convert in front of the post will serve as a reminder to DCE that the even the easiest conversions should not be taken for granted.

Last edited:
Well I was pretty bloody pleased in that effort today. Too many mistakes, not a lot of luck with the calls, but we never threw in the towel as we have in recent weeks. That was a turning the corner game for me. Lot of hard work, lot of hard games ahead. but at least we played with intent. Given cap, injuries, off field crap, I’ll take these efforts from the boys. Was so nice to sit down and actually enjoy a game.

Well I was pretty bloody pleased in that effort today. Too many mistakes, not a lot of luck with the calls, but we never threw in the towel as we have in recent weeks. That was a turning the corner game for me. Lot of hard work, lot of hard games ahead. but at least we played with intent. Given cap, injuries, off field crap, I’ll take these efforts from the boys. Was so nice to sit down and actually enjoy a game.

Only if you enjoy losing

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8