Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Round 20, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 20
4 Pines Park
28 Jul 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a Manly member for many decades and I was planning to go to the Easts match.
I was going to watch rugby league, nothing more, nothing less.
Now, thanks to the stupidity of the club decision-makers, I won't be going as they have ruined this simple pleasure by turning it into a religious-political-cultural divide.
Just look how a RL Forum has turned Manly supporters against one another.
The NRL and the Bunker were doing a good job of ruining my interest in the sport. I never thought my own club would complete my distaste for RL..
Well said TW, what were they thinking. It's just mind boggling what this club does from time to time, is this about selling merchandise god knows we have enough jerseys in the wardrobe as it is. Now the Club as a huge task to pull themselves together and get the dissenting players to play on Thursday night.

Just an assumption but I was doubtful guac or aloai were going to play anyway (due to injury), so maybe they will hold their positions....

Hoping of the 3 playing, there may be some outside backs!
Was thinking the same thing in regard to guac and alioia . and in regard to outside backs . sure that Vaega could do the job but still a bit depleted in worst case scenario . Maybe the. 3 who have apparently had a change of heart could relay or impart their reasons on the others and show that there can be a way to resolve this . apart from vagea , still a bit of ability on stand by , Bullemor , Tuitavake [ if fit ] , de luis Sykes , Roumanas . and Froggy and Davey maybe still a bit uncertain Even with the Gauc and Alioia fitness issue , still naturally hope the other four objectors can still be accommodated somehow . still some time to get things back on track Everyone has been able to project or express a personal view or stance and again if 3 can manage a presumably pragmatic change of heart and helping matters on a serious level and feeling comfortable with it , shouldn 't be that hard for the remainder .

Was thinking the same thing in regard to guac and alioia . and in regard to outside backs . sure that Vaega could do the job but still a bit depleted in worst case scenario . Maybe the. 3 who have apparently had a change of heart could relay or impart their reasons on the others and show that there can be a way to resolve this . apart from vagea , still a bit of ability on stand by , Bullemor , Tuitavake [ if fit ] , de luis Sykes , Roumanas . and Froggy and Davey maybe still a bit uncertain Even with the Gauc and Alioia fitness issue , still naturally hope the other four objectors can still be accommodated somehow . still some time to get things back on track Everyone has been able to project or express a personal view or stance and again if 3 can manage a presumably pragmatic change of heart and helping matters on a serious level and feeling comfortable with it , shouldn 't be that hard for the remainder .
We haven't even touched on the covid dropouts and Guac and Alioi injury concerns from last weeks game. The highs and lows on following Manly.

Right there, plenty of facets to the present issue or state of affairs but there is still going to be a crucial game on Thursday to come to terms with and to get a competitive side on the field . Not too sure how this whole situation will be looked back and reflected upon on in 6 or 12 months time for instance , Certainly a lot of principles or various stances in vogue again at the present time but again at the end o the day [ how is that for a pun ] would certainly be ideal and only proper to try and get the best available Manly side and to naturally try and get a critical win against the Roosters

Regardless of our gorgeous jersey of the week 😉 I can't see how we could have won this game.

The Roosters are coming in Red Hot.
We were a basket case last game.
Our three Covid players (our best defenders) would need a bit of a miracle to be at full fitness - hey Christian boys, any chance of a prayer of two?
And Aloiai and Haumole looked pretty bloody injured to me less than a week ago.

Might all need to pray to the ghost of Judy Garland for this one.
Go Manly!

Manly pride jersey: Seven players to stand down from NRL game against Sydney Roosters

A former NRL star is poised to play his first game in three years as one of the players parachuted into Manly’s team due to seven players boycotting the club’s pride jersey.

A decimated Manly side may hand James Segeyaro his first NRL match since 2019.

Segeyaro needs to pass a fitness test on Tuesday after missing the past few matches with injury.

He would have played last week after hooker Lachlan Croker was sidelined because of Covid-19.

He has not played since a stint at the Broncos ended in 2019 because of a drug ban.

He was thrown a lifeline by the Sea Eagles and has been playing for their feeder side Blacktown.

Manly pride jersey: Seven players to stand down from NRL game against Sydney Roosters

A former NRL star is poised to play his first game in three years as one of the players parachuted into Manly’s team due to seven players boycotting the club’s pride jersey.

A decimated Manly side may hand James Segeyaro his first NRL match since 2019.

Segeyaro needs to pass a fitness test on Tuesday after missing the past few matches with injury.

He would have played last week after hooker Lachlan Croker was sidelined because of Covid-19.

He has not played since a stint at the Broncos ended in 2019 because of a drug ban.

He was thrown a lifeline by the Sea Eagles and has been playing for their feeder side Blacktown.
This would suggest Croker isn't ready to play?

Jersey stuff aside

Anyone heard and word on the fitness of Jake, Davey, Croker, Aloiai, Olakau'atu, Keppie and Ben Trbojevic.

Ooooft its a worry when I read that back

Roosters 40 plus and our season is gone.

What a disaster of a week for this club I love and are so glad can't attend this match.

This is one of the lowest points I ever have had following this club.

This week will have much longer term consequences for our team and our club.

Im sure an act of compromise would have been possible. The design of their shirts says nothing about there beliefs , but stood they have, and everyone has a right

possibly letting the players add something to support there own beliefs to the kit may have been a possible solution .A commemoration of acceptance of more than one belief in peace and tolerance is the type of examples that role models find natural .

in the end the manly players are just trying to be strong to there faith , and in turn good humans and that shouldnt be lost, no matter how much i hate it, I just hope its them who are leading it and this isnt someone else pushing an agenda. Because it will leave a stain, because its ugly.

if more people stood, we would get better at it.

Roosters 40 plus and our season is gone.

What a disaster of a week for this club I love and are so glad can't attend this match.

This is one of the lowest points I ever have had following this club.

This week will have much longer term consequences for our team and our club.
100% agree..Following Manly is like a Snakes & Ladders game, we go up a short ladder then another one only to land on a big snake and slide all the way down again. Back to square one again, except this time we might not be getting back on the ladder anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4