Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

42 6
BB Print Stadium
17 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Whilst I expect to win this you people have amnesia. Don't you remember last week.
Nothing is a given here.
I agree
If we just think great we played so poorly last week it will now just click or look how many easts have out all we have to do is then turn up and win automatically then again we could be vulnerable.

We just can't give them any sniff of win.

We should win. But that depends on a massive turnaround by so many individuals - the whole team really. Not sure we have the mental toughness to do it.

Interesting fact.

We play the Chooks this Friday, 17 September.

On Thursday 16 September it will be the 49th anniversary of the 1972 NSWRFL Grand Final.

The two teams that day were:

MANLY-WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES
Coach - Ron Willey
Graham Eadie, Ken Irvine, Ray Branighan, Bob Fulton, Max Brown, Ian Martin, Dennis Ward, Bill Hamilton, Fred Jones (c), John O'Neill, Allan Thomson, Terry Randall, Mal Reilly.

EASTERN SUBURBS ROOSTERS
Coach - Don Furner
Allan McKean, Jim Porter, Harry Cameron, Mark Harris, Bill Mullins, John Ballesty, Kevin Junee, John Armstrong, Peter Moscatt, Arthur Beetson, Greg Bandiera, John Quayle, Ron Coote (c). Bench - Laurie Ferier.

Last edited:
Will be leaving for Mackay on Thursday morning. The wife staying home for this one but will have the company of my daughters. Two rabid Manly fans. Not looking forward to the 5 hour drive but will be accompanied by music from The Beatles. The lengths I go to for this team. If they only knew. Go Manly
I "ll be in the Western stand Grassy , quite a few Manly supporters in the region , hope that there is a good representation there Friday night . Safe trip and let's certainly hope Manly by anything .

Coach - Ron Willey
Graham Eadie, Ken Irvine, Ray Branighan, Bob Fulton, Max Brown, Ian Martin, Dennis Ward, Bill Hamilton, Fred Jones (c), John O'Neill, Allan Thomson, Terry Randall, Mal Reilly.
Our best ever team? Except for Brown & Martin, all players are internationals and five would be universal selections in our best ever thirteen - Eadie, Irvine, Fulton, Randall & Reilly. I don't think this team would fit inside the present day salary cap with Eadie, Fulton & Reilly possibly all 1M players. There are three local juniors, Martin, Jones & Randall, with the majority of the others being big money purchases.

Last edited:
The Roosters will be a tuff assignment, they won’t role over, no chance, even with Verrills and Taukeiaho out they have plenty of depth and may even field a stronger side without those 2, strange as that may seem. Butcher returns fresh for Taukeiaho and they have a number of options to restructure around Verrills.

There’ve been playing sudden death type footy for the last few weeks now and they scramble well and have been working for 80, (not sure how much petrol is left) we need to turn up with some hunger, commitment and the right attitude because it won’t be as easy as a few are indicating on here. However I believe we will turn up. I also believe we will win on the back of a much improved effort, with Froggy back to control our sets, I’m pretty sure the boys are stinging from last week and there are no more second chances, they will do the job, can’t wait.

Last edited:
Certainly need a much improved defensive effort for the full 80 and cut out those cheap penalties, can "t afford another lop sided penalty count against them . Hopefully much better communication across the park defensively and definitely to counter the Roosters go forward , Still a good pack but so is Manly "s and win the ruck and with an even share of possession , should be able to win the game as the Manly attack can surely be much better then against the Storm . Be very disappointing to go out in straight sets , sure that this will be paramount in the Manly player "s mindset and the desperation and effort factor will be there

Interesting fact.

We play the Chooks this Friday, 17 September.

On Thursday 16 September it will be the 49th anniversary of the 1972 NSWRFL Grand Final.

The two teams that day were:

Coach - Ron Willey

EASTERN SUBURBS ROOSTERS
Coach - Don Furner
Allan McKean, Jim Porter, Harry Cameron, Mark Harris, Bill Mullins, John Ballesty, Kevin Junee, John Armstrong, Peter Moscatt, Arthur Beetson, Greg Bandiera, John Quayle, Ron Coote (c). Bench - Laurie Ferier.
Thank you for bringing back great memories of premiership winning celebrations

Our Great God father raided and raped teams from all over the shores like Al Capone

To deliver us our first premiership win and make us the Greatest club of all and the most envied and despised club of all and that is the way we like .

I hope our 2021 team can be worthy to emulate the success of our legendary 1972 team and lift up this years trophy in Maroon and white Glory and write their names proudly in our legendary clubs history books for ever

Lets do this

We can do this

If we want it as if our lives depend on it we can live up to the occasion

Lets fcking do it !!!

The Roosters will be a tuff assignment, they won’t role over, no chance, even with Verrills and Taukeiaho out they have plenty of depth and may even field a stronger side without those 2, strange as that may seem. Butcher returns fresh for Taukeiaho and they have a number of option to restructure around Verrills.

There’ve been playing sudden death type footy for the last few weeks now and they scramble well and have been working for 80, (not sure how much petrol is left) we need to turn up with some hunger, commitment and the right attitude because it won’t be as easy as a few are indicating on here. However I believe we will turn up. I also believe we will win on the back of a much improved effort, with Froggy back to control our sets, I’m pretty sure the boys are stinging from last week and there are no more second chances, they will do the job, can’t wait.
They were lucky to get past the tits, don't think theirs to much left in the tank tbh. We need to apply the blowtorch (forward exchanges) for the first 20min, then the breaks will surely come.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4