Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

42 6
BB Print Stadium
17 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

We're due a good start. In too many games this season the boys have started poorly. Finals football is a different beast. We need to start well.
Spot on K777, even the lesser teams that we have put to the sword, most of our try's/points have come in the 2nd half. Nothing burns more than being towelled up and carrying the thoughts of this for the week until kick off again. "we need to start well" and this time we will.

All settled in at Mackay and tomorrow can not come quick enough. Taking the jetski out in the morning till miday then lunch and a sleep then game time. Manly to win tomorrow and no injuries.
With 5star accommodation no doubt, Sea Eagle supporters travel in style. What's the weather doing for Friday night, hopefully not as steamy as Townsville.

With 5star accommodation no doubt, Sea Eagle supporters travel in style. What's the weather doing for Friday night, hopefully not as steamy as Townsville.
Forecast this morning was for about 17 - 18 degrees during the evening , night on Friday . Fairly close to the ocean so maybe a bit of light breeze as well . Should be pleasant conditions.

think that Des and co have made their intentions with Suli fairly clear with Sipley named ahead of him as 18 th man . Wouldn 'd mind Suli still as 18 th man with some prospect of him still being able to contribute if needed but just have to have some faith now that the guys selected can produce and get the job done

F***,it I'm nervous already. Going to be a long day tomorrow at work. Then kids athletics so will probably miss the first 10 min of the game. Hopefully it won't be all over by the time I get home like last week.

F***,it I'm nervous already. Going to be a long day tomorrow at work. Then kids athletics so will probably miss the first 10 min of the game. Hopefully it won't be all over by the time I get home like last week.
We need to be in front after the first 20 minutes , if we are behind I doubt we win.

Walker should be fine to cover that & Jake.

Having one genuine prop on the bench isn’t enough, we need a full rotation - no game showed the difference in having a full prop rotation more than the Storm match. Better than giving Lawton 10-20 mins where he isn’t crucial
Storm didn’t have a full prop rotation against us last weekend.

Give the kids the night off athletics and make em run around the block if ya need to. I’m

I swear the people saying we need an extra prop on the bench haven't been paying attention to how the game is being played this year. We didn't lose to the Storm because we were short a prop. We lost because we made nine errors and gave away 9 penalties. That's 18, yes 18, extra sets with the ball we just handed to them. Not including all the times they got the ball back after points.

I swear the people saying we need an extra prop on the bench haven't been paying attention to how the game is being played this year. We didn't lose to the Storm because we were short a prop. We lost because we made nine errors and gave away 9 penalties. That's 18, yes 18, extra sets with the ball we just handed to them. Not including all the times they got the ball back after points.
Also because our forwards were getting smashed which led to panic and errors. Their forwards smashed ours and we didnt make many metres for Turbo and DCE to do their thing.

They were alot faster and we couldnt contain them. Sipley should play. He doesnt play many minutes but he bends the line and creates a bit of momentum. We didnt have that.

Also besides Keppie. We have nobody who hurts in defence. Good tacklers yes.. but we lacking a Watmough style defender.

Are you sure it wasn't because we were being physically belted, and therefore made a lot of errors and give away a lot of penalties?

We might not need an extra prop but their forwards were much better than ours last week.

Soooooo nervous about this game, absolutely ****ting it. This whole week has been just straight nerves. Last we didn't have much to lose, this time we have everything to lose. I still have a lot of faith and confidence in the boys, they've bounced back from worst conditions, this is just a new test of character but I don't like how everyone is tipping us haha.

It's not going to be a blowout, it's going to be a close one, one that will give us all heart problems lol, but I think we will scrape in by 2-6 points. The last 4 finals exits for us dating back to 2013 GF have all been off controversial calls, my heart cannot afford for us to get dudded again in a finals match. Otherwise, there will HAVE TO BE AN INVESTIGATION. Anyways GOOOOO MANLY LETS END THESE CHOOKIES SEASON!!!!!.

Soooooo nervous about this game, absolutely ****ting it. This whole week has been just straight nerves. Last we didn't have much to lose, this time we have everything to lose. I still have a lot of faith and confidence in the boys, they've bounced back from worst conditions, this is just a new test of character but I don't like how everyone is tipping us haha.

It's not going to be a blowout, it's going to be a close one, one that will give us all heart problems lol, but I think we will scrape in by 2-6 points. The last 4 finals exits for us dating back to 2013 GF have all been off controversial calls, my heart cannot afford for us to get dudded again in a finals match. Otherwise, there will HAVE TO BE AN INVESTIGATION. Anyways GOOOOO MANLY LETS END THESE CHOOKIES SEASON!!!!!.
Not feeling it, Remy. As disappointing as last week was and given the stakes of this weeks game, I'm feeling calm and happy. I think I've had time to reflect after the Storm thumping and putting it all in perspective, I'm so happy we have moved forward this year and show great potential for the season's ahead. I'm looking forward to enjoying this game. Don't get me wrong, I WILL BE SCREAMING AND CURSING EVERY DUMB PLAY WE MAKE. lol

Are you sure it wasn't because we were being physically belted, and therefore made a lot of errors and give away a lot of penalties?

We might not need an extra prop but their forwards were much better than ours last week.
I would really like to have that extra forward and rotate them for 7 interchanges, keeping . You can't have too many forwards in big games.

being honest. i think this roosters side has too much finals experience and fark they are reslient.
i hope im wrong mo matter what happens i have to say ive bloody enjoyed this season after rd 4. the future looks bright

Go manly

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10