Pre-Game Manly v Raiders [Round 17, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 30
4 Pines Park
08 Jul 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoz1976

Reserve Grader
Canberra’s threats are their 2 dummy half’s. I can’t see where else they can trouble us.

Unfortunately we are missing our best two strike weapons in DCE and Turbo. Hopefully Foran, Cust and walker can create enough points to get the job done.

madmax

Bencher
I assume Walker at half is a Des scam. I hope so . Hopefully Cust will play half or five eight.

And the Walker bagging continues…Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Did you think he was great at fullback?
The whole team played poorly prior to Tom playing NOT just Walker. It just gets tiresome reading anti-Walker posts when there have been worse!!!!

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
The whole team played poorly prior to Tom playing NOT just Walker. It just gets tiresome reading anti-Walker posts when there have been worse!!!!
I don’t get the hate for Walker either! People have short memories, he played 5/8 in 2019 when we came 6th. It was hardly a failure.

In saying that, I’d prefer Des let him play the same role for a while rather than chopping and changing. He’s looked good coming on as a middle ball playing forward from the bench. Why not leave him there and play Cust in the halves?

manly al

First Grader
Can't underestimate the Raiders or some of the Raiders players turning their poor form around , still some pretty handy players there , just look at their bench . Team morale seems down also but that could change anytime soon . Just no room for complacency for Manly and if the pack can get the same ascendancy as in recent times , some good direction from Foz and Walker and some good completion rates again , should be looking good for another helpful win .

Mataiforever

Bencher
Every other time I’d want to see Cust at 7 over Walker, but I can see why Des has done this - Cust hasn’t played any footy in a few weeks now after being injured, flying up to the GC with the team, and now that reserve grade has been called off for two weeks due to COVID (prior to lockdown he was named to play but it got cancelled as the game was going to be played in a hotspot)

If Walker is lacking at 7 (his defence scares me…DCE saves us so much..), could always bring Cust on and move Walker to 13

I assume we’ll see Parker and Suli keep swapping positions for each play like they did against the Cowboys
Des has a history of naming the player who WON’T play on Tuesday and “switching” an hour before kick-off in the official team list despite it being the plan the whole time anyways.

I.e Dylan to 1 and Garrick on the wing. Was never happening that game v Cows.

Will only know an hour out

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
So if someone plays bad, and a poster points that out they are in the wrong now?

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is a really important game for us from a number of perspectives. Firstly it is a real test of depth and the ability of the depth players without our most influential players playing. Secondly whether we can demonstrate a continuation of being able to keep their mind on the job notwithstanding how easy that the press and some supporters think its going to be for us. Thirdly, giving the wider squad good game time and finally to grab the two competition points we need taking into account all of the above. Fingers crossed. The next two rounds could be the difference between a good year and a really great year for us.

seaeagles4life

Reserve Grader
1625618741321.png

Looks like Foz has been given the captaincy this week

40 nil

It's only a game ...
In this interview, Des 'sort of' says Walker will have a running role at 6 and also that Jake should return next week

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The Raiders have a highlights video of their debutant fullback, Xavier Savage. The kid has some good speed and footwork. He will be a threat in attack, but I doubt it will matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20