Pre-Game Manly v Raiders [Round 17, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 30
4 Pines Park
08 Jul 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every other time I’d want to see Cust at 7 over Walker, but I can see why Des has done this - Cust hasn’t played any footy in a few weeks now after being injured, flying up to the GC with the team, and now that reserve grade has been called off for two weeks due to COVID (prior to lockdown he was named to play but it got cancelled as the game was going to be played in a hotspot)

If Walker is lacking at 7 (his defence scares me…DCE saves us so much..), could always bring Cust on and move Walker to 13

I assume we’ll see Parker and Suli keep swapping positions for each play like they did against the Cowboys

Raiders team looks weak. Our forwards are going to absolutely trample over them. They'll lay a very good platform, just hope Foz is able to carry out attack in structure so we don't look disjointed like we were in the first four rounds of the year. And I would bring cust into the halves and walker to 13 in the middle of the game to have as much strike as we can. And although unlikely, it would be cool to see Kolau get a spot on the wing for Suli.

This game worries me.

Hard enough having several of our primary players out such as Jake, Schuster, Aloiai, but to have DCE and Turbo out is a big ask. It means that three of our main play makers are not there, if Foran plays half, a less effective 5/8 takes over, we have only one speedster on the wing. Forwards are OK but a bit worried about the backs. Its no surprise that Turbo, Garrick and Saab are scoring at will, but a lot of that is good ball from the halves and Turbo chiming in. Garrick has shown he can do the job and I hope he performs as well as he did when he was last at full back.

But Canberra will have been given a serve from Sticky and will come out determined. If we are behind at half time, could be a real challenge. Watch out for Canberra's Croker to have a big one, though I'm glad Wighton is out. Could be wrong. Could be a blow out. Just a little worried.
Me too

Sticky has completely lost his players ( and their partners).
Cannot see him motivating them to get up for this.
Watch his latest press conference. He's got nothing.

Aloiai- possibly available 2 to 3 weeks? if strength and conditioning goes well. will play with a guard on his wrist
Schuster- - Back to running at Max speed this week and available next week
Jake- Possible to be available next week
Saddler- will be back in contact work 2 to 3 weeks.

We have so much depth that even with Tom and DCE out for origin our side looks strong and these guys are all back in 2 weeks or so then we are looking super good!!

PS- Nothing said about Sironen, Is he back and playing reggies or out for teh season as he usually gets a mention??
I'm beginning to think Sirros days with us are numbered

Since 2010 at Brookie.

2019 R7 Manly 24-20
2018 R4 Manly 32-16
2017 R13 Manly 21-20
2016 R25 Canberra 44-30
2014 R8 Manly 54-18
2013 R11 Manly 16-10
2012 R9 Manly 18-12
2011 R9 Manly 20-0
2010 R18 Canberra 24-22

A few tight games there. I have a feeling that it will be a lot closer than people expect. I think we should smash their forwards though.

Have you seen Croker play since his latest return from injury? He is cooked, seems to have lost all desire to be a first grader. Looks to me like another Darius Boyd situation.
Croker has not been the complete player he was for while now . He looks to have lost pace and physically not up to it in defence . Coming back from injury to a dysfunctional team wont help his confidence .
We were down on confidence as well but since we got Turbo charged our confidence is sky high

In those tight games the raiders had competitive teams . The 2021 disharmonious raiders team have lost their resilience to stay in the fight and win games
It's crazy how quickly teams fall from grace. These guys were touted as heavy weight contenders in the beginning of the year. Mind you were also pencilled in as wooden spooners by many including the great zorba..

It's crazy how quickly teams fall from grace. These guys were touted as heavy weight contenders in the beginning of the year. Mind you were also pencilled in as wooden spooners by many including the great zorba..
We also went though a bad patch like the raiders late last year and in the beginning of the year

The only way to get your self out of a rough patch is to work together as a team and that we did

The raiders on the other hand fell out as a team and once a team is divided it becomes dysfunctional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12