Pre-Game Manly v Raiders [Round 17, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 30
4 Pines Park
08 Jul 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone , back ( sort of ).

Still another week of this remote outback dusty travels / fishing expedition to go and I’ll be back posting regularly.

Not that I’ll be home ( currently in the Gulf of Carpentaria ) but I’ll be doing “ tourist stuff “ to appease Mrs MFB.

Well appease isn’t exactly fair as I’ll no doubt be enjoying it as well but yes a few weeks of tourist stuff before we head back down the coast and I meet up with a mate for a few weeks of “ beach rod bravado “.

Pleased to see our Eagles still doing well.

Go Manly

PS: Google “ Burketown “ , that’s where I’m at.
Welcome back Mark.

Still another week of this remote outback dusty travels / fishing expedition to go and I’ll be back posting regularly.

Not that I’ll be home ( currently in the Gulf of Carpentaria ) but I’ll be doing “ tourist stuff “ to appease Mrs MFB.

Well appease isn’t exactly fair as I’ll no doubt be enjoying it as well but yes a few weeks of tourist stuff before we head back down the coast and I meet up with a mate for a few weeks of “ beach rod bravado “.

Go Manly

Representing the baby boomers in style.

I don’t get the hate for Walker either! People have short memories, he played 5/8 in 2019 when we came 6th. It was hardly a failure.

In saying that, I’d prefer Des let him play the same role for a while rather than chopping and changing. He’s looked good coming on as a middle ball playing forward from the bench. Why not leave him there and play Cust in the halves?

Go Manly

How's the fishing going mate?

Go Manly

Burketown, I know it well. From the many videos my father and brother in law have made. They fly up there every year in his two seater/motor glider, usually with two or three other crews. They go there to ride the "morning glory cloud". Surfing in the sky with no motor is what my brother in law calls it. And when they’re not doing that, they go to Sweers Island to fish, and get even further away from the rat race. I love watching his vids, would love to go there one day myself. You and Rosemary keep living the dream brother.@:)

The thread regurgitators and Captain Hindsights (like me) will be watching Dylan Walker's performance very closely tomorrow night. Here's to hoping Walkz kills it at halfback.
Walker has been playing pretty well off the bench. He certainly has the skills to play seven and fill in for DCE though. His versatility makes him an ideal fourteen for 2022. I hope we keep him with that in mind, by giving him a two year contract, with a club option for the second year. He seems to have pulled his head in (albeit he is playing for that contract), and I hope he carves up the Raiders tonight. He will be targeted tonight defensively by the Raiders pack, and Young particularly will be looking to smash him at any opportunity. It will be big test for Walker, and by the end of the game we should have a better idea of what role he plays next season.

I'm on the Walker wagon hope we keep him he is only 27 and seems like he has been around for years,he is a footballer explosive runner defence is ok at the moment 14 is his best position but if we have a injury in the centres it would be interesting to see how he goes back in the position he played his best football

Burketown, I know it well. From the many videos my father and brother in law have made. They fly up there every year in his two seater/motor glider, usually with two or three other crews. They go there to ride the "morning glory cloud". Surfing in the sky with no motor is what my brother in law calls it. And when they’re not doing that, they go to Sweers Island to fish, and get even further away from the rat race. I love watching his vids, would love to go there one day myself. You and Rosemary keep living the dream brother.@:)
Sweers Island, now that my friend is fishing heaven !!

Not this time though , but went up there the last time I was here.

I have a question for you now.

Who is our worst defender?
Saab
Suli
Walker

I dont know where this idea Walker is a bad defender comes from. The guy was a good defender at centre, was entrusted with 5/8 which requires more defence and is now tending towards lock which requires top defence. He's not the best defender in the team, but he is far from the worst.

I just hope he defends well tonight as he will have a heavy workload with traffic directed at him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he replaced De Luis or Burbo.
You were correct! I didn't see the game tonight as I was on a flight. From a brief viewing of the forum, it seems most posters weren't happy with Gosiewski's performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11