Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I did and I take it all back he will obviously be picked for QLD in SOO as soon as scam retires. Fair dinkum its he only thing he has done all year and waits till we are getting towelled by 30 to do something
He is far from our problem, he played a hand full of 1st grade games last year for the donkeys, bit difficult to do his job when our forwards (except vave) struggle to gain momentum and play the ball quick enough for parcell to show his skills, he is young and is a great investment for the future when we can get some go forward. I can find lots more to blame for our predicament then parcells performances.

Enough Excuses...I had a feeling this would happen.

They replaced a winning coach in Toovey, to keep a troubled player in Foran who left anyway, and has caused issues elsewhere. Myles has never cut it at club level, Lewis is a fringe player, Koroisau is inconsistent, Lussick has no work ethic or real impact, and Barrett is not Manly, that matters at our club. We have dismissive people in charge such as dork penn and try hard Kelly who show contempt toward the supporter base; lack lustre development as is proven by our lower grades; poor coaching staff in the inexperienced and weak kneed Barrett, Penrith Cartwright and the defensive messiah Anthony Seibold, yet we leak points like a siv. Williamson and Randall share a brain. We have a disgusting fat, degenerate, sinister, grimey slob in zorba peters calling shots along with that opportunist fulton. We replaced a proven entity in Don Singe, for a bearded hipster in Dan Ferris. We have over hyped the Trbojevic's and Parcell, they are not there, and should never have been discussed in such glowing terms minus any real achievement. Barrett keeps Fonua-Blake in reserve grade??? Seriously

We need a proper overhaul, beginning with the coaching and management.

He is far from our problem, he played a hand full of 1st grade games last year for the donkeys, bit difficult to do his job when our forwards (except vave) struggle to gain momentum and play the ball quick enough for parcell to show his skills, he is young and is a great investment for the future when we can get some go forward. I can find lots more to blame for our predicament then parcells performances.
That may well be so he might go on to be an all time great for all I know but at the moment I think Api offers more out of dummy half

We have some problems obviously....!

1. Our recruitment has not been great, lets face it. Where are our strong big forwards??? We are letting our little guys get smashed and injured for ****s sake. I love Jake and I hope he has a long career, but he needs help. We still look like a team of individuals and I just don't know if we have the right mix of players.

2. Barrett should not be coaching, no offense to him at all. He has been thrown in the middle of a **** storm and it is not right. I think our management has seriously ****ed this up.

3. We are getting too many injuries. And before anyone says injures just happen, it is no ones fault. Well technically there are strategies to try and avoid them. And this may have something to do with our recruitment as well. But is our physio up to scratch, training, what about our diets etc etc.????

4. Something stinks with the officiating as well and I am very serious about this. I have seen far too many calls that are BS and calls that should have been made that have not. This has happened not only in Manly games but quite a few games right across the competition this year as well as in 2015. Not sure if something can be done about it but it is a big problem. (Also those maiming tackles used by a number of defenders falling on the attacking player to crush legs/ankles, need to be stopped. Tom and Chez have gone down with the same injury. The perpetrating defenders in these tackles should get suspended..........but anyway.....!)

5. Finally I was going to wait a few more weeks, but I have had it. Penn, Zorba, and Bozo have destroyed Manly. Something is really wrong with our team.
I am gutted beyond belief to see our culture and passion rubbished my egotistical half wits. And I am incredibly upset with how the fans are being treated by Zorba. I take this personally and I expect better from a club that needs the fans/members to even exist.

I understand that we do not have to win every game, that is fine. But when some players and some of our management thumb their nose at me and my passion that hurts. And I have never felt this way before ever, even through out the Northern Eagles era.

I really want to do something but I just don't know what......! I am devastated...............! I know that the Manly spirit is there somewhere as I and many of you have it. Chez has it, Jaimie Buhrer has it, Killer has it, I just want my whole Manly team spirit back.

Last edited:
In all seriousness. We aren't going to do much this year. With so many players that will be moved on at the end of year i just hope we start recruiting actual quality. Origin type players with the war chest we will have.

Lyon
Snake
Matai
Starling
Lawrence
Leary
Symonds
Burgees

Thats a lot of cash to rebuild
But I reckon we should be in the position to do a lot mate. Watching us assemble the squad I genuinely think we should be top 4. I just think that in reality our culture is gone. We don't have Manly people at the helm. Barrett Cartwright and whoever else they imported don't have it and can never have it. Any adjustment to a successful culture has to be done gradually. Too much too soon. Tooves did better with a far lesser playing group. I wish he was back. Alas........

I was so exited at the start of the year with the roster that was assembled,now halfway through the season and I'm a shattered fan like most of you guys,watching that game tonight was gut wretching,when cherry scored I thought ok we're on here this could turn how season round,but then for the,Next 20 min we just weren't up to it,they looked bigger and quicker,I hate to say this but we cannot compete with the team that's out on the park at the moment,unless something changes soon ,and I mean in the culture in this great club,I'm saddened to say we're going to be languishing on the bottom of the ladder for many years to come,I was angry like most of you guys when dressie left in the matter that he did,but I'm man enough to say that the club must do everything in its power to get him back,I don't care how they do it ,he's manly through and through,he would get this team straight to the top without a dought,I've had my say many of you wont agree,but let's face the facts were a sinking ship at the moment and the only way we stay afloat is to get des back.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2