Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have some problems obviously....!

1. Our recruitment has not been great, lets face it. Where are our strong big forwards??? We are letting our little guys get smashed and injured for ****s sake. I love Jake and I hope he has a long career, but he needs help. We still look like a team of individuals and I just don't know if we have the right mix of players.

2. Barrett should not be coaching, no offense to him at all. He has been thrown in the middle of a **** storm and it is not right. I think our management has seriously ****ed this up.

3. We are getting too many injuries. And before anyone says injures just happen, it is no ones fault. Well technically there are strategies to try and avoid them. And this may have something to do with our recruitment as well. But is our physio up to scratch, training, what about our diets etc etc.????

4. Something stinks with the officiating as well and I am very serious about this. I have seen far too many calls that are BS and calls that should have been made that have not. This has happened not only in Manly games but quite a few games right across the competition this year as well as in 2015. Not sure if something can be done about it but it is a big problem. (Also those maiming tackles used by a number of defenders falling on the attacking player to crush legs/ankles, need to be stopped. Tom and Chez have gone down with the same injury. The perpetrating defenders in these tackles should get suspended..........but anyway.....!)

5. Finally I was going to wait a few more weeks, but I have had it. Penn, Zorba, and Bozo have destroyed Manly. Something is really wrong with our team.
I am gutted beyond belief to see our culture and passion rubbished my egotistical half wits. And I am incredibly upset with how the fans are being treated by Zorba. I take this personally and I expect better from a club that needs the fans/members to even exist.

I understand that we do not have to win every game, that is fine. But when some players and some of our management thumb there nose at me and my passion that hurts. And I have never felt this way before ever, even through out the Northern Eagles era.

I really want to do something but I just don't know what......! I am devastated...............! I know that the Manly spirit is there somewhere as I and many of you have it. Chez has it, Jaimie Buhrer has it, Killer has it, I just want my whole Manly team spirit back.
You have said it all so perfectly.
I really feel for you and everyone of us Manly supporters

Thank you @KingsCrossEagle, I appreciate your kindness from one fan to another. Obviously you can see where I am coming from, I am so passionate about my Manly team. And I get defensive when someone/something tries to stuff with my team/family....! @:(

For me the saddest part is our team is being stuffed from the inside.

For me I think that what is happening now will end up being a positive later on, even if it means next year. Manly are going through a transitional period and they also have not had much luck with injuries as well. But I suspect a lot will be learned from this black period we are going through.

For a start the Penn brothers, for all their faults, are not going to be happy with how things are panning out. They've invested a lot of money into the club and they'll want to see results, so what happens over the next few months will have a significant impact on what action they take. Forget Peters, he's just a mouth piece to maintain an optimistic spin, but I would be very surprised if the admin are happy with what's happening in all grades.

Barrett is learning his trade. I cant say if he will make a good coach or not at this stage but I think his heart is in it. He's certainly learning quickly that you have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

I see another recruitment drive coming up, probably of young players in particular at years end and no doubt Fulton will have much more say than in just recruiting ex Penrith and Titan players on the way down. Barrett will survive I think even though it seems likely Manly will finish next the bottom this year. But if he doesnt get off to a good start next year he will be in trouble. The Penns will hang on through '17 but if Manly fail next year I think their money will be heading elsewhere.

Point is this black period will get some potentially big changes for '17. Hasler, Toovey and Cleary could be a little closer to taking over if Barrett fails.

Well we here the same comments every time we loose,effort was there,injuries didn't help,etc......,give me a break,just admit that were not good enough,half of the side puts in,the other goes wandering,unless there all on the same page,then this will happen every week simple assessment,when you watch us play there's no mongrel in our play,no us verses them mentality,unless we get that back quickly,I'm afraid will be languishing on the bottom of the ladder for a few years to come.and that hurts like hell.

Kelly seemed very nervous, as if he knows more than he's letting on, and it's not good. Was definitely concentrating more of not slipping the tongue than answering questions clearly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7