Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL Team

1. Brett Stewart 2. Brayden Wiliame 3. Dylan Walker 20. Matthew Wright 5. Tom Trbojevic 6.Jamie Lyon 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Darcy Lussick 9. Matt Parcell 10. Nate Myles 11. Lewis Brown 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Apisai Koroisau 15. Josh Starling 16. Brenton Lawrence 17. Siosaia Vave

CjvalgdVEAAPFFC.jpg

Last edited:
How will the faithful feel after four losses in a row?

I watched the Canberra game at the weekend ( only because we play them this week), we were much improved in the last game probably due to the Lyon / Walker switch but based on what I saw I can't see us getting near them.

Of course I'll have faith , of course I'll watch but I'm realistic as well , this year looks pretty shot to me as I just don't think we have the squad, nor the combinations to stick to the top sides.

We are far from spooners , but I think our current ladder position , or a little lower even, is where we will finish the year.

Hope I'm proved wrong , and it might suddenly switch around but to date I haven't seen the Manly of old in any game.

We generally do well against the Faders and the Sharks. Our performance against Cronulla was much improved but we still didn't manage a win.
We will have probably our strongest line-up this season for the match, but the Faders have a huge pack - and growing with a mid-season recruit like Junior Poorly - so our forwards will be sorely tested. The Faders also have speed to burn - an asset we can't match on ageing legs.
I think we can win, but it will rely on the Faders returning to their erratic form and making a heap of mistakes.

*Steve Matai and Jorge Taufua are expected to return from injury on the left edge for the Sea Eagles on Friday night.

Raiders: Edrick Lee injured his hamstring scoring a try in Canberra’s win over the Bulldogs on Friday and is in doubt. Brenko Lee, Kato Ottio and Sisa Waqa are all in contention to fill in on the right wing. Josh Papalii is the sole Raiders player backing up from Origin but may be rested due to Canberra playing on Thursday night in Round 13 — the blockbusting backrower would be looking at three matches in eight days. Sia Soliola will replace him on the left edge if he doesn’t back up. It remains to be seen when Junior Paulo will make his club debut.

Sea Eagles: Feleti Mateo, Steve Matai, Jorge Taufua and Apisai Koroisau are all expected to be available for selection after missing several weeks with various injuries. Dylan Walker and Nate Myles are both playing in Origin I

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/d438ab2f4caad265f5124c273c7d2a3b

If all those players are available it will make for some interesting discussion at the selection table.

They play that hard-running, open style footy that we struggle to match, and they also play for 80 minutes. A
Can't agree with that. If the Raiders went the full 80 minutes they wouldn't lose too many matches. It's about the only thing that gives me hope. Agree with the rest of your summation.

The Raiders most certainly aren't an 80 minute team. It took them 55 minutes last week to wake up and start playing proper footy. Jack Wighton is also the worst first choice fullback in the comp, bomb to him as much as possible and we will get results.

Walker and Myles should be rested meaning Lyon and Matai in the centres, Api to 5/8 and Turbo and Taufua on the wing.

Also people need to realize that whilst we did lose three in a row, it was to the top 3 sides in the comp, that are a mile above the pack. If we lost three in a rwo to middling sides like Canberra or The Dragons, I would be concerned. But if you put any other team in the comp against those three then they lose three in a row as well.

We robbed them last year when Brett was offside for that last minute try.

They put 30 on the Dogs last week, who are superior in defence than us. If we cant score 40 points we will be beaten and easily.

It will be close to zero degrees and the hot water wont be working Friday night in the away dressing sheds, well so I hear.

Time for the tough to stand up.

Its getting close to do die time.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/05/31/lyon_i_m_happy_to_pl.html

Lyon: "I'm happy to play five-eighth"

Video: Tom Logan (@ThomasRLogan)

Tue 31st May, 11:45AM

Manly captain Jamie Lyon says that he is happy to play five-eighth in Friday night's clash against the Canberra Raiders at GIO Stadium.

Lyon shifted to the five-eighth role with Dylan Walker moving back to the centres in the team’s last round loss against Cronulla.

"I'm quite happy to play there (five-eighth), it doesn't worry me one bit. I thought Dylan showed some great out there in the centres against the Sharks,’’ Lyon said.

“He is such a quality player and I’m happy to play in the halves and Baz (Trent Barrett) knows that.”

*Steve Matai and Jorge Taufua are expected to return from injury on the left edge for the Sea Eagles on Friday night.

Raiders: Edrick Lee injured his hamstring scoring a try in Canberra’s win over the Bulldogs on Friday and is in doubt. Brenko Lee, Kato Ottio and Sisa Waqa are all in contention to fill in on the right wing. Josh Papalii is the sole Raiders player backing up from Origin but may be rested due to Canberra playing on Thursday night in Round 13 — the blockbusting backrower would be looking at three matches in eight days. Sia Soliola will replace him on the left edge if he doesn’t back up. It remains to be seen when Junior Paulo will make his club debut.

Sea Eagles: Feleti Mateo, Steve Matai, Jorge Taufua and Apisai Koroisau are all expected to be available for selection after missing several weeks with various injuries. Dylan Walker and Nate Myles are both playing in Origin I

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/d438ab2f4caad265f5124c273c7d2a3b
So Dylan and plod won't be backing up?

A better attacking team would have beaten the raiders the other night. I watched it also with interest because we are playing them . The dogs were up by 10 with 25 to go and couldn't put them away , through stupid errors and woeful attack at that point of the game . Apart from moses m they showed absolute nothing at the backend when they had to step it up.

The next four games are a worry, Raiders on fire, Panthers playing better currently, Titans , even they will be hard to beat followed by Cowgirls at home, impossible task.

Wonder how we'd all feel if it was EIGHT losses in a row ??

So if ever they are going to click, this is it!!

Raider will challenge the top 4 this year & really....can upset about any team - massive forwards who dominate the middle - fast attacking halves & speedy talented outside backs...simply lack consistency.
If Manly can beat them, it would be a massive scalp & just maybe trigger an outstanding second half to the season...but in truth....only 35% possible.

The Faders will win this in a canter. They will be too big, too strong, too fast and more importantly too hungry. Our team hasn't looked hungry since June 2014 and there is absolutely nothing to suggest there is even a switch in existence to switch them on with.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2