Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure that back row will work against big packs.Buhrer yes but Brown better suited to the role Korisau is named at.Symonds isn't named in any grade and not sure he is injured so must be on the way out

Yeah very interesting regarding Symonds?
I thought Jorge and potato were due back this week with neither named anywhere?

Probably expect a few changes as usual come kick off on Friday night

I can't help but notice Symonds hasn't been named in any side this week. I think that means bye bye Symonds, which makes me very annoyed.

Or Mateo, after his return last week he wasn't re-injured. Perhaps my not so reliable mailman might be on the money about them both heading up the freeway together sooner rather than later.

What a dead set ****house team named.

1. Myles back to start?
2. Where is Taufua, Symonds?
3. Why is Wiliame over Wright? Or anyone for that matter?
4. Leary + Buhrer + Koroisou + Brown = Barrett is a moron
5. Not saying much but AFB is better than most others named

Oh well, few more losses and Barrett will be gonski, and if this is the way he selects his teams, good riddance. Bloke has no idea.

Another "gimme" on the way.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua OR Matthew Wright
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Wallker
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Feleti Mateo OR Blake Leary
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Nate Myles
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Siosaia Vave

I noticed Bozo/Penn/Zorba lap dog taking another dig at the F.C.

"The football club are known as the "The toothless tigers of Brookvale."

They should just pack up and move on."

Has Zorba seriously not got anything better to do?

This doesn't even make me angry, it is that transparently pathetic.

"The football club are known as the "The toothless tigers of Brookvale."

They should just pack up and move on."

Has Zorba seriously not got anything better to do?

This doesn't even make me angry, it is that transparently pathetic.

I'd love to get a mass of us "irrelevant" members (a few hundred) to march down to Narrabeen and demand he be sacked on the spot. If nothing else, may get some media attention, and show that we are in fact relevant.

Best case, he's removed.

Shame no-one else has the energy or effort.

Myles won't be backing up after Origin, Walker might cause he will play a whole of 10 minutes.

I can't help but notice Symonds hasn't been named in any side this week. I think that means bye bye Symonds, which makes me very annoyed.
Tom will be a star if he goes to the right team. Shame on Bozo. If he is gone someone must be coming in. City country rep out replaced with??????????

Canberra 50 manly 0

Junior Paulo MOTM

First try scorer Papali

Usual dribble. Their form is ordinary at best.

You would think we are playing the Kangaroos the way they are being talked up. They win about one in four at home since the master coach took over, Sharks and Eels murdered them,the mighty Dragons,Titans and Knights have tamed them and they haven't played the Broncos, Storm or Cowboys. Junior Paulo must be damn good.

Usual dribble. Their form is ordinary at best.

You would think we are playing the Kangaroos the way they are being talked up. They win about one in four at home since the master coach took over, Sharks and Eels murdered them,the mighty Dragons,Titans and Knights have tamed them and they haven't played the Broncos, Storm or Cowboys. Junior Paulo must be damn good.

You read a copy of our team list this week @susan ?

I'd love to get a mass of us "irrelevant" members (a few hundred) to march down to Narrabeen and demand he be sacked on the spot. If nothing else, may get some media attention, and show that we are in fact relevant.

Best case, he's removed.

Shame no-one else has the energy or effort.
Name the time and place, I'll join you.
NYEagle

I'm more than happy with Buhrer, Tapaw and Jake in the back row.

Number 13 is another front rower anyway. And he can tackle. We play better with him at 13

therefore Symonds and Mateo can piss off to get us more cap space for a big forward.

Name the time and place, I'll join you.
NYEagle

Mate, I'll throw a BBQ down there and offer a free sausage sanga to everyone who attends. It'd be another one of those, build up, for a crap shoot attendance things though.

The only time people really got behind something like this, was when I started that petition that ended up getting 10k odd sigantures, that Grant Mayer gave to Morris Iemma for the upgrade of Brooky Oval.

Yes Ryan how are you mate:} I would have AFB and Symonds in but I am more interested in the glowing praise for our insurmountable opposition who have had an unbelievable draw and done sweet FA really other than beat also rans. Talk about overhyped! They are like the Warriors. Dark Horse every year and do nothing.

We are right in this one.

I am venturing down the highway to go and see our boys play this weekend never been to Canberra stadium before and sitting in bay 73.

My thoughts on this week:

I honestly think this is our season on the line come Friday night!!

If we drop this game on Friday I see us really falling quickly away , maybe beat the panthers at home but the rest we will struggle to win with very low morale in the team and confidence shot.

If we win and get the monkey of our back and get some confidence in our team I see us going on a run and probably only dropping Cowboys game.

We have had 2 weeks to prepare, Canberra are coming off a short turnaround and we are staring down 4 losses in a row , not what a result's driven business wants

It's time to stand up DCE, Brett both who I think have been sub par so far this season. Also our forwards need to show some steal and not drop there heads when things get a little tough

Canberra yes they have been ok in patches this year and have a very big forward pack but they have not put together a full 80 minutes yet this year ( the tigers game when they won by 60 odd was more the Tigers not turning rather than raiders playing brilliant footy)

I honestly think we can win this but we will need to be switched on.

Manly by 8 -12 points.

Last edited:
Yes Ryan how are you mate:} I would have AFB and Symonds in but I am more interested in the glowing praise for our insurmountable opposition who have had an unbelievable draw and done sweet FA really other than beat also rans. Talk about overhyped! They are like the Warriors. Dark Horse every year and do nothing.

We are right in this one.

Pfft, Raiders are a joke. They've been lucky with scheduling, injuries & stuff, but if they play a quality team, they will get beaten.

"A quality team", unlike the one Barrett named.

Unsure why Barrett picks all of Koroisou, Parcell, Leary, Buhrer and Brown?

Has Symonds actually gone like people are saying? The talk of T-Rex for him is blasphemy.

Also, what are your thoughts about getting more mobility around the middle by starting Jake and Brenton as props?

FFS the P-Plate coach is at it again. Why why why is Api on the bench??????? JUST WTF!!!!!!!

I like Jake at lock but agree about mobility. My full strength pack and bench is a no brainer in my eyes but seems Barrett isn't convinced

Lawrence, Parcell,AFB,Buhrer,Tapau,Jake

Vave,Symonds/Brown,Mateo,Myles

We need to be aggressive early,not conservative.AFB will be a star,Myles is lucky to get a game and I could easily go with 4 props including Jake and play both Symonds and Brown on the bench.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4