Pre-Game Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 24
Allegiant Stadium
03 Mar 2024 01:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Probably already posted...

Sea Eagles: Five-eighth Luke Brooks trained away from the rest of the squad on Wednesday but told reporters at the UFC Performance Institute that "it was just something minor and he was good to go".

True, but not set in concrete yet. Maybe when the team's finalised 24 hours beforehand who's to say Seibs will do a switcheroo...Jake/Brown...and Aloiai on the bench for that very reason...impact.
Very true. He didn't seem to tinker like Des did though. But yeah who knows. Hopefully Shuster and lodge coming back will give us that bitcmore depth. Sipley too.

Really hope again that Alioai can show what he is capable of once more in making his presence felt in the ruck area .
Tough , hard running , a bit of sting in defence at his best but will need both his controlled aggression and fitness working in his favor .
General fitness and stamina have largely deserted him the past couple of seasons and big help if he can turn that around .
Brown should have an important role to play when or at what stage he is likely to come on at 13 and moving Jake up front .
Seemed to work with Dylan Walker in a sub 13 role , Brown a different playing style but should be a bit more robust in the ruck area and that may prove a bonus

Really hope again that Alioai can show what he is capable of once more in making his presence felt in the ruck area .
Tough , hard running , a bit of sting in defence at his best but will need both his controlled aggression and fitness working in his favor .
General fitness and stamina have largely deserted him the past couple of seasons and big help if he can turn that around .
Brown should have an important role to play when or at what stage he is likely to come on at 13 and moving Jake up front .
Seemed to work with Dylan Walker in a sub 13 role , Brown a different playing style but should be a bit more robust in the ruck area and that may prove a bonus
Last 2 seasons Alioai has been plagued with leg and shoulder injuries, to be named in the starting side first up is a big confidence boost for himself and Seib's. Now all's he needs to do now on Sunday is to just BRING IT.

That's where Croker and Jake come in, two of the best defensive players going around defending the ruck area.
Correct but they are also two of the slowest ruck players
And the ruck can be exposed by the explosive Cook feeding the frenzy X factors Walker and Mitchell
Slow is a liability and Speed Kills anywhere on the field

Thank you for posting @The Wheel
The Key Word from this post is IMPACT
Tom Turbo arguably the Best Player in the World at his Brilliant Best was Born to Make an IMPACT
Toms X Factor IMPACT will be the difference in a close game

Souths know it and they are Shtting them selves
Tom Turbo at his Best is Unbeatable !
1709255670623.png

Last edited:
Think we have some canny gamblers here (maybe @bob dylan ?) who would know whether or not there's any significance to this, but I can't recall too many times a team has shortened so much in the lead-up to a game. Markets for Round 1 opened with Manly at $2.50 or $2.60, but we shortened a lot, and shortened even more overnight - currently on sportsbet:

1709256347663.png

Correct but they are also two of the slowest ruck players
And the ruck can be exposed by the explosive Cook feeding the frenzy X factors Walker and Mitchell
Slow is a liability and Speed Kills anywhere on the field
Defending around the ruck area Bozo, it's all about positioning and timing your tackles, not so much about speed.

Defending around the ruck area Bozo, it's all about positioning and timing your tackles, not so much about speed.
Slow is a liability that can be exposed
There is no SAABstitute for speed
This why Dynamic numbers nines rule in the spines
We will agree to disagree

Slow is a liability that can be exposed
There is no SAABstitute for speed
This why Dynamic numbers nines rule in the spines
We will agree to disagree
You might say, lose in one area but gain in another. But, maybe you don't see it this way.

Just a quick question for those who may know better than I....
This indoor stadium is likely synthetic grass ??
I realise the NFL players have protection everywhere including extra clothing and I thought of what I have not heard mentioned as yet.....what about grass burn - synthetic grass is far worse than genuine grass when sliding and maybe equal in relation to contact to the ground and I realise there's a lid on which stops the synthetic grass heating up which 100% becomes a serious issue.
IF it's Real grass - blow up my post, but if not does anyone have an idea if this is an issue at all.

I realise the NFL players have protection everywhere including extra clothing and I thought of what I have not heard mentioned as yet.....what about grass burn - synthetic grass is far worse than genuine grass when sliding and maybe equal in relation to contact to the ground and I realise there's a lid on which stops the synthetic grass heating up which 100% becomes a serious issue.
IF it's Real grass - blow up my post, but if not does anyone have an idea if this is an issue at all.

Technology is for ever improving feathered friend @maxta
Check this article out

Artificial Grass For Professional Rugby …

Get the most out of your rugby field with our professional artificial grass. Our synthetic turf is designed to help teams perform at their best, contact us now!

No we'll play on grass.

Very true. He didn't seem to tinker like Des did though. But yeah who knows. Hopefully Shuster and lodge coming back will give us that bitcmore depth. Sipley too.
I always used to laugh when Des would spring the late change.

Spoiler alert - when you do it every week then the surprise element goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10