Pre-Game Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 24
Allegiant Stadium
03 Mar 2024 01:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope again that Alioai can show what he is capable of once more in making his presence felt in the ruck area .
Tough , hard running , a bit of sting in defence at his best but will need both his controlled aggression and fitness working in his favor .
General fitness and stamina have largely deserted him the past couple of seasons and big help if he can turn that around .
Brown should have an important role to play when or at what stage he is likely to come on at 13 and moving Jake up front .
Seemed to work with Dylan Walker in a sub 13 role , Brown a different playing style but should be a bit more robust in the ruck area and that may prove a bonus
I thought brown was very good at 13 against the roosters.

IMG_5976.jpeg

Will be interesting for goal kickers should any tries be scored in the corners... basically kicking from the stands!

I thought brown was very good at 13 against the roosters.
Certainly hope that he can make a go of it there .
No doubt Jake can continue to be solid at 13 but general consensus that a little more is needed for maximum benefit to the side .
Only other options could be or maybe Bulemor and Shu , though both would take a bit of time to develop there .
Then with Jake reverting to prop and only Paseka and maybe Alioai offering some above average mobility . probably would still need Bully in the prop rotation and at his best to again provide the side with some maximum benefit

Wonder which winger will be first to be bundled into touch. Hopefully it's Johnson and Gagai.

Hey all - glad to report that the Seagle has landed. First view of the stadium. Looks massive.

On the way here today, I stopped at a place for lunch and on the way out I held a door open for a couple blokes coming in. I was wearing a Manly jacket and one of them says - Go Bulldogs! Go Bulldogs?? Clearly Bulldog supporters have either been banished to the Mojave Desert or he was just lost. Either option is not a bad one @:D

Attachments

• PXL_20240302_002428127.jpg
    PXL_20240302_002428127.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 35
I'm looking forward to seeing how Luke Brooks combines with Turbo and how he goes as a running 5/8 rather than having to be the organizer. I don't expect either to be perfect this early. But it will be interesting to see how it all develops.

His running game on the left could easily put his fullback, centre or winger into open space. And none of them are slow, especially Koula. And if the Manly Way video's are to be believed, Turbo is back running at a quicker pace now so maybe they've finally worked out how to get speed out of his new running style.

I saw the Luke Brooks interview on Manly's website the other day and he said the hardest thing he's had to adjust to is a fullback telling him what to do when he's usually the one trying to direct the team around. When you're used to being the boss, its hard not being the boss, but I think we all hope he thrives on it. But, it also shows the night and day in fullback quality between what he's been used to for the past decade at Wests Tigers ... and a Dally M Medal winning fullback like Tom Trbojevic. Since Matthew Ridge, Manly's successful fullbacks like Snake and now Turbo, have been like drill sergeants directing the team from the back. Its part of why we've been able to maintain success for as long as we have since we first got to the top in 1972.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10