Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 20, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
EE0AA39A-362D-4845-9602-6A0E4120A4BC.jpeg
Until that muppett barrett is sacked this will be my avator ...

No. It wasn't. It said to the team that they are so useless, that 18 points isn't enough. As opposed to telling them you have confidence in them to score. Basic psychology right there.
This. Even the old school meat heads in the commentary box understand this. It's a psychological thing. Why the hell would you adopt that when we are so mentally fragile at this stage. Sure, if you are a well-drilled mentally strong team like the Storm and you use it with complete control to manage a game it's fine. Problem is too many just copy the decision without understanding the psychology behind it.

Suli played well I thought and I think like Brian Kelly, he’ll keep developing. But as far as Tangles goes... I’d be much happier to see him pursuing his football dream in the Nsw Cup. That missed tackle coming in off the wing was inexcusable... dumb dumb play from a perpetually average player.
Gould was singing his praises last week.

Perhaps a Machiavellian scheme to convince Perroo (the Perpetual Rookie) to hang onto him for another week and we all know why.

This. Even the old school meat heads in the commentary box understand this. It's a psychological thing. Why the hell would you adopt that when we are so mentally fragile at this stage. Sure, if you are a well-drilled mentally strong team like the Storm and you use it with complete control to manage a game it's fine. Problem is too many just copy the decision without understanding the psychology behind it.
Well if Dce isnt the most mentally fragile captain to ever play the game ,I dont know who is.

Penrith have done this to us at Brookvale before. They've done it to plenty of other teams this year. You know what's coming, but once they got that first try and the momentum swung their way, I knew the only thing that would stop them would be if they started making mistakes - we sure as hell weren't going to put up any resistance. They didn't make mistakes, the refs did their bit and that was that. The only chance we had was holding them out and hanging onto the ball. But then Tom gives them a try as soon as we take possession. I'd like to think they'll learn from that, as Barrett keeps saying they will. But they haven't learned anything for a long time and I don't hold any hope they'll start learning now.

Parker had to come off his wing. Suli didn't slide across as he got sucked in by the decoy. That said, this team's totally f...ked and a cleanout of coaching and administration is critical. The Penn takeover, Bozo intervention, Toovey sacking has proved a debacle.

Whatever happens, Suli / Parker have to be split up. They are getting targeted when teams want to pour the points on. Trent of course won't get that though.

Slowed Suli's player down enough for Walker to get to him and force a great pass otherwise straight in without the need for a final pass.
Agree, Parker did nothing wrong there, he really had to come in because of the structure shifts inside him. And here's what the Parker bashers don't wanna look at... where was Turbo covering across to take out the winger when such overlap situations occur? This is what the really good fullbacks do and what Snake did throughout his career. And we wont talk about Turbo coughing up the ball for the match-winning try... hey, let's just blame a kid playing his guts out, making good hard runs out of our half all game. Sheesh!

Well if Dce isnt the most mentally fragile captain to ever play the game ,I dont know who is.
To be honest, I wouldn't say DCE is "mentally fragile"; in fact, I think he shows incredible resilience. I just don't think he has such a natural footy brain and lacks the ability to truly lead, bond his team, and get the best out of them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8