Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 20, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
so Parker should not have followed Suli in and left Suli's man untouched to score?
I just had another look at the try and it’s 50/50 yes Suli did come out of the line... but there was still enough defence on the inside with Walker and Turbo coming across... Let me ask you this. When you have a look at ALL the wingers playing first grade this weekend, where does Parker rate in your opinion? Have you watched his overall performance in our games this season and if so how do you rate him? I know we have injuries... I know Suli has made some howler’s in decence over the last two weeks as well. I just think Suli is fairly likely to continue his development and one day will be a very dangerous footballer. I think Parker is limited and if he has any success in the NRL, it will be as a back up player who can be relied upon to fill a hole on most occasions. Similar to Matt Wright. If you’re a fan of Brad Parker then good luck to you. I always maintained that Brian Kelly had all the ingredients of a very good player, and I feel the same about Suli. But to me, Parker is definitely nothing special and never will be.

Im officially on the sack Barrett side. We do i sign up? I hope he quits after this performance.
I'd love him to quit but why would he quit? He's getting good $$$ for preparing a team to play that badly and the clowns in charge extended him at the end of last year ..... we're stuck with him.

I’ve been a supporter for the last 49 1/2 years & am so pissed off at the moment! The crap that is being served up week after week is doing my head in. I can handle the crap you cop from being a Manly supporter but this year has been the cream on the cake! The team seem to not give a rats are not displaying the Manly spirit. Comes from the top down..... Never won a spoon but this year looks like it may be the 1st
I will never give up on Manly but FMD, they are making hard!!!!!

I really think we need to get more pace in our backline, and Walker back in the centres (especially defensively).

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jade Anderson
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Jack Gosweiski

Parker, Suli, M. Wright for Blacktown.

I hate blaming refs and I won’t on this occasion either,BUT,all of Jorge’s “lost balls”weren’t lost balls,the knock into TomT from the bomb which was ruled to be a knock on and 6 to go,the hair pull which is apparently a no no now etc.But still,plenty of dropped ball and unnecessary pushed passes and Barrett leaving 2 fresh blokes on the bench for 65 minutes is the main reasons

I remember reading one supporter on this forum saying at the beginning of the season that he'd never seen a match lost because of poor goal kicking. At last count, we've lost at least three or four games this season because of it.
Make that 4 or 5

I really think we need to get more pace in our backline, and Walker back in the centres (especially defensively).

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jade Anderson
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Jack Gosweiski

Parker, Suli, M. Wright for Blacktown.
Can we leave TWright out until the people who are payed to coach teach him to tackle or at least read in defence?the Coaches have a lot to answer for in regards to his development

I just had another look at the try and it’s 50/50 yes Suli did come out of the line... but there was still enough defence on the inside with Walker and Turbo coming across... Let me ask you this. When you have a look at ALL the wingers playing first grade this weekend, where does Parker rate in your opinion? Have you watched his overall performance in our games this season and if so how do you rate him? I know we have injuries... I know Suli has made some howler’s in decence over the last two weeks as well. I just think Suli is fairly likely to continue his development and one day will be a very dangerous footballer. I think Parker is limited and if he has any success in the NRL, it will be as a back up player who can be relied upon to fill a hole on most occasions. Similar to Matt Wright. If you’re a fan of Brad Parker then good luck to you. I always maintained that Brian Kelly had all the ingredients of a very good player, and I feel the same about Suli. But to me, Parker is definitely nothing special and never will be.

Are you talking all, those who are under 22, or those who are 4th pick?

Besides, Parker is a centre who can read the game and defend well. Right now we have Suli who has leaked 30 points in 2 weeks.

Parker is too slow for the wing and his attacking style is a bit like Matai (not as good but Matai wasn't as good when he was 21 either). His biggest issue though is staying on the park for more than 3 weeks, until he sorts that out he will remain a useful backup and thats it.

Play Suli off the bench instead of Winterstein and put Tom Wright on the wing with a license to roam.

Are you talking all, those who are under 22, or those who are 4th pick?

Besides, Parker is a centre who can read the game and defend well. Right now we have Suli who has leaked 30 points in 2 weeks.

Parker is too slow for the wing and his attacking style is a bit like Matai (not as good but Matai wasn't as good when he was 21 either). His biggest issue though is staying on the park for more than 3 weeks, until he sorts that out he will remain a useful backup and thats it.

Play Suli off the bench instead of Winterstein and put Tom Wright on the wing with a license to roam.
I like a lot of what you’ve posted their mate.

Where is Mr Penn? His absence is getting truly spooky. Should the club send out an APB, hire Colombo or perhaps get clues from a clairvoyant?

Mr Penn. Please phone home. Am really keen to get your insights and solutions for the current mess. You had a pretty strong view - shared by Peter Peters - about Toovey's ability to coach.

Really mate, need an update on what kind of business this actually is?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8