Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 20, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Look, I love to win like anyone. But things are just so loose in this team. They look uncoached. When the started playing a bit of eyes up footy they were great. Then we get a penalty 10 out while up 18, and nervous Nellie calls out for the 2. We are running second ****ing last!
Love the history, but the joint is rooted.
Third last!
Not that it's anything to be proud about should be proud but the cows are still behind us.

Why the fark would you bring one leg on when we had all the momentum. The two knock ons leading into the Panthers try and Bradley Parker flying in off his wing did the rest.

so Parker should not have followed Suli in and left Suli's man untouched to score?

Penrith have done this to us at Brookvale before. They've done it to plenty of other teams this year. You know what's coming, but once they got that first try and the momentum swung their way, I knew the only thing that would stop them would be if they started making mistakes - we sure as hell weren't going to put up any resistance. They didn't make mistakes, the refs did their bit and that was that. The only chance we had was holding them out and hanging onto the ball. But then Tom gives them a try as soon as we take possession. I'd like to think they'll learn from that, as Barrett keeps saying they will. But they haven't learned anything for a long time and I don't hold any hope they'll start learning now.
Bahaha, one would like to think they are learning... but, not the first time in recent years we have meekly surrendered a sizeable lead to throw away a victory against the very same opposition. If it wasn't so comical I'd cry

We are a joke of a team. Anyone remember dce doing anything good compared to young cleary? He backed up for a try wow and attempted a 40 20 wow million dollar dud. Needed to be dropped all year now its too late. Good one t.baz
Don’t worry. When the close the doors at Manly he’ll be on the street begging for a chance at another club. He, Marty and the Turbos will probably sign at the Roosters for $100 a year each.

Almost the perfect storm
Personally very rarely do I like the 2 points but 18 up is probably 1 of those times....
In saying that, it cost us this game.
After they scored 1 in the corner I turn to kids and friends and say
“Anything but give a penalty away this coming set”
Tackle 4 Kikau milks it and the ref as usual wants to play along- leads to more torture
Then after we FINALLY get it back off a great take from Tom who does well to evade the chaser ....game over

If Parker had stayed on his wing instead of rushing up to take Blake and all but missing him, he might have had a chance to stop Mansour. As it was he was allowed to stroll over untouched because his opposite had stuffed up.
Parker
Agree, Parker did nothing wrong there, he really had to come in because of the structure shifts inside him. And here's what the Parker bashers don't wanna look at... where was Turbo covering across to take out the winger when such overlap situations occur? This is what the really good fullbacks do and what Snake did throughout his career. And we wont talk about Turbo coughing up the ball for the match-winning try... hey, let's just blame a kid playing his guts out, making good hard runs out of our half all game. Sheesh!
Fking smitty hahaha good one mate

You could be a player in this squad.

They also dont realise the game is played over an 80 minute period.
That would explain going for two at the 67 minute mark while up by 18. They thought the game was ending in a couple of minutes, and just killing some time and avoiding injuries

Walker was blowing hard and should of been replaced after 10mins in the second half(understandable with his injuries and lack of game fitness), Suli not the best or most agile defender were getting targeted big time once the momentum changed.

I mean f^&k it was so obvious the tank was gone---great effort to still stick it out and not hide--- no idea why the coaching staff didn't want to replace Walker---Walker admitted it himself at halftime he was knackered. (maybe for game fitness and his ability to lift others in this fragile mindset team)

No one expected the panthers to score 4 trys and pull a rabbit out of thier hat.
Why not? They've made something of a habit of it this year, and they've done it to us at Brookie before. They should have known what was coming and they should have thought about trying to stop it. Instead, we did everything in our power to hand them the game.

Agree. How come nobody saw that knock on?
We would have won if we got the ball like we should have.
We were terrible, but I agree with you. These refs don't know what a knock-on looks like anymore. Penrith got away with murder with their strips all game, but we were so soft in the final twenty I can't even blame that for our defeat. We have developed an unfortunate knack of turning victory into defeat.

giphy.gif
That there would have to be the funniest fukhing thing ive ever seen.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8