Game Day: Manly v Penrith [Round 20, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The way the team is playing will more than likely develop a fan base that has more outlets for entertainment to help escape these predictable performances.

By next year will anyone remember to return for round 1....

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I like when you wake up...and your brain has that 30 seconds of forgetting what went on the day before.

Then it all crashes back in.

So it was this morning. That first 30 seconds was fine, then, oh yeah...that's right...we lost. Sigh.

Players will be feeling it too.

midsteyne

loyal forever
At 24_6 I ducked out to make a coffee,because we were doing it easy I took my time,when I came back to the game we were gone.
WHAT THE F#CK HAPPENED,was it the dickhead refs or did the team clock off.

Mr Manly 007

Reserve Grader
I don’t know if anyone has said anything yet . I’ve only seen 1replay of a few incidents that if I’m correct , turned the match.
1 . The bomb put up before Mansour try was a Penrith hand knocked the Ball forwards.
Penrith got the ball back ( somehow ) got a penalty and Mansour scored.
2 a hand knock the ball from Tommy T forward before Cleary cleaned up and scored.
3. Manly had a ball stripped with a couple of minutes to go and Penrith got the penalty....
4.Taufua had a hand strip the ball by a Penrith player and Penrith got the scrum/ feed.
Maybe I’m wrong because I only seen it all just once as I went by the TV . I can’t watch full games anymore as most are was decided by wrong decisions.
Fate can be a terrible thing.

Last edited:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No team deserves to win games of footy if they give up 4 tries in the last 13 minutes, regardless of ref errors.

We were diabolical in the last 15, and undid 65 minutes of hard toil.
We are mentally weak, and have been all year. Once we lose momentum, we fall to pieces.

I'm still shattered.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well that game was certainly a bit annoying.
A bit like our 2 games against them last year, rolled into one.
Reminded me of the only NE game I ever went to, it was at Gosford v Dogs and I went with a Dogs fan, NE was up by a similar margin but ended up losing.

I don’t know if anyone has said anything yet . I’ve only seen 1replay of a few incidents that if I’m correct , turned the match.
1 . The bomb put up before Mansour try was a Penrith hand knocked the Ball forwards.
2 a hand knock the ball from Tommy T forward before Cleary cleaned up and scored.
3. Manly had a ball stripped with a couple of minutes to go and Penrith got the penalty....
Maybe I’m wrong but the game today , as most are was decided by wrong decisions.
Pretty sure it all happened when the main ref got injured too and was replaced. He had some shocking calls too, mainly the strip on tafua right in front of him. But maybe he calls penrith knock ons on those 2 that the other refs missed. Still in shock.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Maybe I’m wrong but the game today , as most are was decided by wrong decisions.
It's just standard fare every week. Nothing new. The game is fuked from every angle.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I like when you wake up...and your brain has that 30 seconds of forgetting what went on the day before.

Then it all crashes back in.

So it was this morning. That first 30 seconds was fine, then, oh yeah...that's right...we lost. Sigh.

Players will be feeling it too.
Yep had that exact feeling. Really makes for a great Sunday after watching that rubbish. Plus I've gotta go to work. **** **** **** arse prick ****wit moron cockheads

Mitch

Bencher
I was there yesterday and over the moon for 65 minutes, then, well......to say I was devastated is an understatement. I certainly think the bench may not have been used ideally but more so I pose this question.

Was the collapse yesterday mental more than anything attributed to other aspects of the game?

I think our team is so low on confidence that they find it very difficult to turn the tide when things don’t go our way and it showed in all its glory yesterday.

Last year we won plenty of close games and I felt we were reasonably mentally strong, this year has been a complete 180.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was there yesterday and over the moon for 65 minutes, then, well......to say I was devastated is an understatement. I certainly think the bench may not have been used ideally but more so I pose this question.

Was the collapse yesterday mental more than anything attributed to other aspects of the game?

I think our team is so low on confidence that they find it very difficult to turn the tide when things don’t go our way and it showed in all its glory yesterday.

Last year we won plenty of close games and I felt we were reasonably mentally strong, this year has been a complete 180.

Yes we are mentally weak.
It started with getting penalised out of a few games early in the season during the crackdown rubbish, and we have been gunshot and soft since then imo.

We are a young side though, so there is upside there.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Penrith produce comeback of the year ... actually, of the last 110 years
Adrian Proszenko28 July 2018 — 5:27pm

No team in the 110-year history of the Greatest Game of All has ever done it before.

When Penrith stormed home against Manly on Saturday night, no team had ever left it later to overcome an 18-point deficit. The Panthers left it until the last 13 minutes to turn around not only the match but also their season.
Congratulations to our coaching staff on their Historical achievement .
congratulation.png
071dba12935f36a11b0ab316234a3574.jpg

Mitch

Bencher
Congratulations to our coaching staff on their Historical achievement .
View attachment 9067 View attachment 9068

I think you should be congratulating the players more so mate. A lack of confidence on that field when the tide turned coincidingly led to a boost in confidence from the Penrith team and the rest was history. I really think young squad need to be more resilient mentally. We saw the type of dedicated defense they are capable of but they crumbled when things got tough and while coaching can assist with this, in the end it comes down to the players to create that feeling out on the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12