Game Day: Manly v Parramatta [Round 2, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thank you Manly boys. Since B. Arthur left I've been waiting for us to beat Parra.
Each loss has been more excruciating than the one before.
This massive win in colossal heat has erased all that pain.
And thanks to the supporters who cheered them on in that furnace. I know I wimped out - well done all!

The good times started with our young guns beating the elver slime in the gf last year

I was one of the doubters leading into this game and I admit I was happily very wrong.

That said this result shows what happens when a coach picks the right squad and has a game plan that matches the teams strengths. Full credit to Barrett this week, but let's not forget this is one great week and we need to be that team consistently. When we learn to find ways to win even when things go against us then we will be a serious contender as we were from 2006-2014. Until we start to do that we will just be full of potential and nothing more.

On reflection, as great as those 54 points were, how good was that big fat 0 alongside their name.
Very tough thing to keep a side scoreless, even one that threw very little at us, the way the game is they still get plenty of opportunities.
Very pleasing.

Player stats don't show meters or hit ups (dunno if this has been mentioned, sorry).

hmmm metres should work, hitups I am trying to find that in the stats at the moment, but the new system doesn't seem to have it, might replace it with something else

Congratulations to TB on a well selected balanced 17, excellent use of all of the bench and the players that responded accordingly. We have a scary pack that absolutely demolished the highly regarded eels pack. Keep it up boys!!!

TBH I fail to see why the Eels pack is so highly regarded. Their pack, mostly made up of older or journeymen players and big bopper islanders with about the same stamina as a Sumo wrestler in a marathon, didn't really dominate other teams last year and at best they really did break even despite their eventual ladder position. In fact, quite a few of their games over the past couple of years were won off the back of one player who they are clearly missing......Semi.

29366422_1885417854824599_7633189670007865344_n.jpg

I suggest we merge this entire thread into the "LOL at Parra" thread :giggle:
Agree Stuey and on that note, great to hear Hadley tearing Queen Arthur a new one this morning.
He has long thought this bloke is somewhat fraudulent in the coaching stakes and continually refers, and infers, to his alleged lack of knowledge of the salary cap rort.
May know a bit more than has been revealed about braddles.
Anyway he believes Brad has lost the dressing room.
Seems so and couldn't happen to a better bloke and club.

Semi did get the Eels home on quite a few occasions in recent seasons but that Eels pack yesterday was still part of a top four side last year . I would just like to think that the present Manly big and mobile forward line up can really take it up to all other sides and is good enough to dominate and really lay a platform . Time will tell but yesterday"s Manly forward performance was very impressive and encouraging .

Just stuck my head in to the one eyed worm site and by jove the natives are restless tonight.
Some blame Mannah, some blame the Dalai, some conditioning, Norman Bates or recruitment.
Some call for Queen Arthur to be replaced by, ironically, Tooves, Dessie or both.
Some call for all the islander players to be dropped or some garbled rubbish about their afl coach.
And of course hayne and Moses get a mention.
It's like a beautiful symphony.
They do seem to have made some piecemeal attempt to clean up their language but one thing remains the same....
They are still f*cking illiterate.

I've been over in the parra forum on front row forums, their game day thread has over 50 pages.
Some awesome reading, my favorite thus far
"I can take a loss, I can take a flogging. It's only round 2 and way too early to write the year off but I just can't cop loooooosing to them silvertail f**kWITS. Anyone wanna head over the corso and crack some skulls with me. I've only had 12 beers. I'll drive."

Gonzo ahem... Bozo writing off young Brian Kelly for the last 16 months and then going missing in action. But it is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinions... and he did beat me into submission regarding the tipping competition. He’s a good Manly man @BOZO but he’s a sh1thouse judge when it comes to playing talent.
Missing in action . I was at the hospital supporting a family member but I did get to see the replay on fox . Very ecstatic with the win .
I did say Kelly played well last week and he followed it up with another competent display yesterday . His last game of last year was against the Panthers in the semi final and he was made to look ordinary . I have always called it like I saw it.
As far as being a sht judge when it comes to talent you will find in my posts I thought very highly of Lane , Kelepi , , Fainu, ,Gossie , Tom Wright , Parker .
I never mince my words and I never go missing in action Kevin ;)

Semi did get the Eels home on quite a few occasions in recent seasons but that Eels pack yesterday was still part of a top four side last year . I would just like to think that the present Manly big and mobile forward line up can really take it up to all other sides and is good enough to dominate and really lay a platform . Time will tell but yesterday"s Manly forward performance was very impressive and encouraging .

I think people tend to under-estimate just what Semi Radradra brought to that team. Not only was he their leading try scorer, but he led their tackle busts and metres. Doesn't-matta actually scored more tries from inside their own 40 in 2017 than any other team and most of it was because Semi had broken through and gone on to score.

Does anyone care to remember The Guru back in the 80s? Same thing, if their forwards were struggling Grothe often came to the rescue with a rampaging run down the sideline. The biggest mistake they made was letting Semi go. I won't say he would have made much difference to yesterday's result, but they were a better team with Semi out there.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8