Manly v Parramatta [Round 17 2013] Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bearfax - you're right, we do need more running from dummy-half. I see Ballin as a lock forward maybe, moving a year or two down the track. Remember Gulavao used to come off the bench and run either from dummy half or close to the ruck for us, which always made ten fast meters and had the opposition back-pedalling - not many 108kg hookers going around...! Need Buhrer to have more time on the field at hooker, move Ballin into the back row for ten mins at a time. Faoso will be smashing it up again in a week or two, which will help our go-forward a lot.

lismore_fan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
It's 6 months since Christmas Darren, if ya haven't gotten it done yet what's 1 more day gonna hurt !!
Exactly Kiwi.
Like most teachers.... couldn't organise a ro*t in a brothel!

It's called Time Management Darren - a term used widely but never followed in the Public Service.
Try a week in Private Enterprise.

Try a year teaching and then we can compare...even my partner, who is in private enterprise, wants to know when I am going to stop programming/marking on a Saturday night. If you are not a teacher, or involved with a teacher, sorry, you have no idea.

ahh Moops nice to hear! Great job but we have that battle of working after work.
No time management? my accreditation is over 200 pages so far and roughly done 300 odd hours but I can't manage time? this and completing a Masters, teaching and having a family. I then cop crap about not going to games (2 hours each way to listen to "locals" swear their heads off and blame Checcin :p I must do better with all my hours that I have up my sleeve :D

This website keeps me sane.

Amazing how many people can find time for personal attacks on some posters when they would be better off using their time writing more intelligent posts.

Anyway...... Hayne out tonight so, that's a plus. By all reports, Horo is pumped for a huge effort and let's not forget Lussick. Can't wait, hopefully we win and win big.

Parramatta playing for nothing, Manly playing for a top 4 spot. Should be all the motivation we need to win right there.
Manly 13+
FTS Taufua
MOM Choc
LTS someone from Parra

Darren said:
ahh Moops nice to hear! Great job but we have that battle of working after work.
No time management? my accreditation is over 200 pages so far and roughly done 300 odd hours but I can't manage time? this and completing a Masters, teaching and having a family. I then cop crap about not going to games (2 hours each way to listen to "locals" swear their heads off and blame Checcin :p I must do better with all my hours that I have up my sleeve :D

This website keeps me sane.

Ah that's why I am glad I retired 8 years ago- no more marking after school, no more preparing programs in the holidays and weekends and no more after school staff meetings and parent teacher interviews.I taught for nearly 30 years and at first I thought I would miss it but I don't miss all the extra work that teachers have to do and it's got worse in the last 10 to 15 years.

I hope none of our blokes (read: Watmough) get sucked into any tough guy shenanigans by Lussick.

Lussick has played well for them in the last few weeks.Big improvement.No doubt he will ry to start somethng.

Good, let's bait him into giving away some penalties. Shouldn't be too hard.

Funny and typically , Harrison doesnt get a run all year , and they name him against us....i hope he and Lussick really start to miss their time at Manly, whilst standing behind the posts watching Killer slot goal after goal against the glow worms tonight.

Darren said:
I then cop crap about not going to games (2 hours each way to listen to "locals" swear their heads off and blame Checcin
But Darren it is Cecchin's fault:exclamation:
Fellow teacher here too. I really enjoy planning and programming after hours. Can't get enough of it. On the plus side I have little kids so my marking's quite cruisey. Not jealous of Maths C and Senior physics teachers. I'd quit and become a busker - talent yet to be discovered.
Go Manly! Win tonight.

Im quietly peaking about tonight, i really dont know what to expect ! I hope the boys turn up otherwise it could be embarrasing !

bennyeagle said:
Im quietly peaking about tonight, i really dont know what to expect ! I hope the boys turn up otherwise it could be embarrasing !

Im that nervouse that I just had a glass of cask wine...a sip from the moose sack right @globaleagle

Dan said:
bennyeagle said:

Im that nervouse that I just had a glass of cask wine...a sip from the moose sack right @globaleagle

Ditto for me.:)
Go Manly !

If that ball didn't come off the parra players arm, Williams would've scored untouched.

Thank **** some one playing direct.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4