Game Day: Manly v Parra [Round 7, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The wife just came home and asked me did Manly win and when I told her the score she thought I was joking.She is out in the kitchen now and she still thinks I am joking.
We're gone old mate, get ready for our first spoon, I wonder if the Penns will reward Barrett with an extension after that?

I heard the first half on the radio when driving. Could not believe penalty after penalty and then the disallowed try?
Watched the second half on the app. Still many very questionable penalties and another disallowed try?
4 decisions I question are API dropped ball. Two in the tackle and a Parra hand knocked it out. Marty play the ball? Marty knock on - the ball never left his control. The second disallowed try??
The team is down on form and not playing with confidence. The error rate is alarming but there is more than that working against us.
In saying that Barrett must make team changes!
Yes Nicci but you could post this comment every week.

I don't understand how people can hang this on Barrett.

The penalty count is not his doing.
The incomplete sets are not his doing.

We should have scored first but the bunker disallowed what was a legitimate try. Look at what that grub Slater got away with.

My biggest concern at the moment is our inability to defend kicks into the in goal close to our line. Whatever system we are employing or however Tommy is positioning himself is not working. They scored at least 2 tries from grubber kicks and they forced 6 line dropouts. Add that to the bunch that the Tigpies forced last week and we clearly have a problem. Repeat sets eventually lead to tries or at the very least a clagged forward pack that will be ineffective once they do see the ball.

I've had about as much of this losing sh*t as I can handle.

We're gone old mate, get ready for our first spoon, I wonder if the Penns will reward Barrett with an extension after that?
I thought walker was due for a blinder but I was wrong.I honestly thought we would lift today and show some form. That dreaded 1st half again. It’s a bad sign when our side starts visiting strip clubs. Makes me wonder where our head space is and what we are looking to get from it.

If this game had been played at Brookvale would we have seen this team booed off at half time for the second week in a row?

half time and full time..

maybe we should have played them in practical jokes instead of footy, we might have won , we seem to be doing that instead of worryoing about playing footy.

Last edited:
Reckon Barrett would ever do with DCE what Arthur has done to Mannah, and drop the captaincy so he can focus on his own game?

Jake.wpuld make an amazing captain imo.

what about Capitan Jacko

well at least we weren't worst on field those refs should never ref another game. Thanks fark we were that bad that it didn't change the result.

Marty gets pinged for an incorrect play the ball even with his foot touching the ball and score the next set. Then after that they 2 tries off quick play the balls where they don't even try and touch the ball.

10m was 15 and then 8 wtf? DCE offside because he ran when the ball was on the ground - thought that was when you run, then Moses does it to Jake and nothing? Api not square because he had enough time to just reach the hand of their dummy half who had already dummied the other way wasting time? The the normal inconsistent ruck penalties, hands allowed on the ball to slow it but only for 1 team.

As for us

TT - better be injured otherwise just lazy
Uate - was ok today, one of our best and a good bounce back
Walker - still unfit and just a passenger, was walking behind their line for their second try which really broke us
Kelly - back to his worst, can't make a tackle or decent read.
Parker - ok but gone, Wright (one of them anyway) will take that spot
Croker - targeted by the eels and defended well, still SFA attack
DCE - tried too hard yet again and made far too many errors
Marty - playing dumb
Api - dropped balls, missed tackles, looks tired
AFB - struggles with the defensive mismatch at the moment and becomes ineffective
Gojetski - energetic but tired. Still finding his feet
Thompson - trying to get more involved but made a few poor efforts in defence
Jake - something is up, head is not screwed on right

Lane - Our best today, ran hard, tackled hard and just played simple footy
Perrett - ineffective without the offload but at least he learnt from last week
Paseka - still finding his feet
Wright - injury cover

Ha ha that’s right blame Bozo. Since he left we have become a joke, and he was only here for 1 and a bit years. What the hell is Cartwheel adding?
Coaching staff are useless

I was wondering when someone was going to mention one of the bigger elephants in the room - Cartwright!!

I just couldnt believe the first 10-15 minutes. Almost identical to last week with late penalty , repeat sets and dropping it when we finally get the ball. Knew it was game over from there.

well at least we weren't worst on field those refs should never ref another game. Thanks fark we were that bad that it didn't change the result.

Marty gets pinged for an incorrect play the ball even with his foot touching the ball and score the next set. Then after that they 2 tries off quick play the balls where they don't even try and touch the ball.

10m was 15 and then 8 wtf? DCE offside because he ran when the ball was on the ground - thought that was when you run, then Moses does it to Jake and nothing? Api not square because he had enough time to just reach the hand of their dummy half who had already dummied the other way wasting time? The the normal inconsistent ruck penalties, hands allowed on the ball to slow it but only for 1 team.

As for us

TT - better be injured otherwise just lazy
Uate - was ok today, one of our best and a good bounce back
Walker - still unfit and just a passenger, was walking behind their line for their second try which really broke us
Kelly - back to his worst, can't make a tackle or decent read.
Parker - ok but gone, Wright (one of them anyway) will take that spot
Croker - targeted by the eels and defended well, still SFA attack
DCE - tried too hard yet again and made far too many errors
Marty - playing dumb
Api - dropped balls, missed tackles, looks tired
AFB - struggles with the defensive mismatch at the moment and becomes ineffective
Gojetski - energetic but tired. Still finding his feet
Thompson - trying to get more involved but made a few poor efforts in defence
Jake - something is up, head is not screwed on right

Lane - Our best today, ran hard, tackled hard and just played simple footy
Perrett - ineffective without the offload but at least he learnt from last week
Paseka - still finding his feet
Wright - injury cover

Thanks Fluffy. Didnt get a chance to see it, only listen. Good summary.

I'll get howled down for this but Apisau Korisau passed the ball terribly again. I like him as a player and he would be great coming off the bench but when our forwards have to turn int othe ruck to catch the ball every time - and are always getting it well before the advantage line- you are on the back foot. Only the strength of tapau and tanginoa and jake and lanes post contact metres have hidden this. He is a goer but you need more than that from an eighty minute hooker. Check out the try Parker scored. Tapau was at dummy half and have crisper service than was shown all game.

Fire away those who love a little bloke ripping in. Agree or like those who understand modern RL.

Barrett presser....yeah nah ummm...its all about possession and mistakes are killing us...yeah nah umm....team changes ? Nah yeah...somthing we might have to consider...we'll see how they train...theyre a good bunch if blokes...yeah nah.
Thats about it .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8