Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Team got what they deserved. A top 8 team wins that game and wins it rather comfortably actually.

It's only round 1 but i am a little surprised just how bad we were in many areas.

They completely lost the wrestle on the ground. It wasn't just average, it was non existent. If they don't fix that those penalties will just continue.

ill-disciplined.

Zero composure with organisation and kicking when it mattered.

Add a goal kicking, kicking in general play, organising half and we probably win that game by 12.

I liked what I seen from Croker. He looks a talent. A few nervous errors in your first game to be expected.

But he looks like another running 6.

I don't think we can afford not to bring Hastings in quick enough my self. We need a no 7.

Its not panic stations yet however, what kills me is that this is more than a simple first up loss. Newcastle will give away a cheap 2 points to most of the teams in the comp so that loss will compound on us all year. We were putrid and direction less, I can only hope we hit a vein of form like we did last year. Croker took absolutely zero pressure off DCE and seeing as the kick DCE missed could have won us the game we need a f098ingh kicker!!!! Big improvement needed against Parra next week.
It was like watching Newcastle play Newcastle.. I'm sure we can do better than this. I just don't get the feeling the team has the same will to win we used to have. I miss the likes of Jamie Lyon Geeing the boys up to put some effort in & win the game. We seem to lack leadership. Been that way for a while now. Hope this was a wake up call.

Spot on, I am half way through watching the second time. This loss is 100% on us, we are a poorly coached team that were better than the opposition.

Don't forget me.... @BOZO and I are card carrying Brown haters. He may not of got on the field, but he was close enough to put the boys off.
Lets get this straight feathered friend!!!
We don't hate players . We hate losing and we hate mediocre performances on the field as Many does not stand for mediocre .
As For Browns selection ? Trent could have had an ex factor player on the bench like Tom Wright .
At the end of the day I heard we lost and I am having a shty night shift .
When we lose it takes about a week to recover , right up until our next game .

Another thing that's bugging me, after dce's first missed attempt why not set up the sucker punch and pass to laughlan, it was obvious they'd rush Dce every time?

Spot on, I am half way through watching the second time. This loss is 100% on us, we are a poorly coached team that were better than the opposition.
Take it easy feathered friend , its only one game and we cant judge players and coaches on one game for the whole season .
We have a long season ahead of us . Lets hope its a good one !!!

Game went as expected.. Im not disappointed overly cos i just knew it was coming.. Manly are the definition of an average team this year... Some great players mixed with average players.. And our bench is absolutely attrocious... We will beat top teams, we will lose to crap teams, we will be middle of the road all season long.. Maybe next year we will splurge on a 5/8

You do realise we “ tried “ to do that this year as well don’t you?

Penalty count is insane. **** this

I nearly had to call Mr Samsung for a new tv but now I have calmed down
I hate losing but
Foward s were great Tanginoa tapau lane Jake although sirro and thomo not as good
DCE tried his guts out Kelly terrific wright offers little get Parker there.
If Baz is not going to use all of the bench why not put an X factor there like tom wright and give Him a taste
Pitifully inept officiating and some errors from us sealed our fate
I thought Croker showed enough in the 1st half to not look out of place
Anyway on to the slime next week

Last edited:
Was it not you who wanted Tooves punted? Apologies if I am wrong. If I am right you must really not rate Baz.
You are right, but I accept I was wrong. Having said that Toovey’s failing wasn’t his coaching it was his recruitment.

Im not being to critical of the boys , it is 80 minutes into a new season . Croker will take alot out of that game and be better for the run . Afb was solid apart from lazy around the play the ball , tanganoa ( spelling ) was powerful , Jorge , Marty excellent , Centres were fair , Tommy and Jake very good , Dce tried his guts out , Thompson a little quiet with the pill but good defense , Sirro needs glue on his hands but likely to have a blinder next week all in all we'll improve .

Take it easy feathered friend , its only one game and we cant judge players and coaches on one game for the whole season .
We have a long season ahead of us . Lets hope its a good one !!!
That 2 points will be the difference between making the 8 and not. Feel free to throw this back at me then.

It really isn’t too late to brin* back Dessie & Toovey this year.

You do realise we “ tried “ to do that this year as well don’t you?
Shoulda bought toddy... If its true the board said to stop chasing him then we deserve to lose. I have a few die hard raiders fans who all laughed at me when Manly bought croker, and doubled down laughing when we named him starting 6... Manly with cherry trying to do everything isnt gonna see finals footy

Shoulda bought toddy... If its true the board said to stop chasing him then we deserve to lose. I have a few die hard raiders fans who all laughed at me when Manly bought croker, and doubled down laughing when we named him starting 6... Manly with cherry trying to do everything isnt gonna see finals footy
I live in the Snowy Region & work in Queanbeyan & I can confirm this sentiment locally. We are currently the laughing stock of the Raiders catchment.

That 2 points will be the difference between making the 8 and not. Feel free to throw this back at me then.

It really isn’t too late to brin* back Dessie & Toovey this year.
I am as devastated as you about the loss to the Knights but throwing our hands up in the air after one game is a bit harsh don't you think ?
Many teams have won grand finals after losing their first game and that is a fact !
Lets see what happens next week . Will we improve? or will we implode again ?

I live in the Snowy Region & work in Queanbeyan & I can confirm this sentiment locally. We are currently the laughing stock of the Raiders catchment.
especially considering his brother is their captain and a future legend.. somthings very fishy that they "lost" him

Newcastle are a well coached team for a totally new squad, maybe we have the wrong choker coach.

I think we should start a petition to bring back Des with Tooves as his assistant.

Make no mistake, we will NOT win a premiership with a St George choker as our coach.

Can you imagine Des coaching the Turbo’s by Des knowing what he did with the Stewart’s!!!!!!

We need a Manly man now!!

Lets get this straight feathered friend!!!
We don't hate players . We hate losing and we hate mediocre performances on the field as Many does not stand for mediocre .
As For Browns selection ? Trent could have had an ex factor player on the bench like Tom Wright .
At the end of the day I heard we lost and I am having a shty night shift .
When we lose it takes about a week to recover , right up until our next game .
How you going in the tipping comp?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4