Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't want to bash the kid after just one game, but to me Croker seems like nothing more than a Blake Green clone, only younger. He even looks like Green. But even with youth on his side he plays at the same pace Green does, slow.

And to put running the team on his shoulders in just his second game is a big gamble by Barrett because we know DCE couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel, let alone our attack.

Sorry but I still believe that Hastings would be the better option with Croker learning how to run a team in the NSW Cup where it won't hurt so much.

Errors and penalties were our biggest problems, but if you slot a Barba or Kelly in to this team I think we win that game even with the errors.

I thought our forwards were outstanding, so I take a lot of confidence away from that.
Completin rate was under 70%. That’s never going to win you games, especiall6 when you persist in giving away dumb penalties. We lack leadership and experience

Errors and penalties were our biggest problems, but if you slot a Barba or Kelly in to this team I think we win that game even with the errors.

I thought our forwards were outstanding, so I take a lot of confidence away from that.
I didn't see tonight's game but the reality is that Croker only played one NRL game 2 years ago so what can we really expect from him ?

Last edited:
especially considering his brother is their captain and a future legend.. somthings very fishy that they "lost" him

Raiders captain is Jarrod Croker, closed Lachlan gets is Uncle Jason.

Something very fishy about your info

Hmmmm hard to judge here. Disappointed in Barrett not using the full bench. Dumb penalties, dumb errors and dumb plays cost us. Proof of our season will be next week. Lose to the scum and it'll be a middle of the road season

I thought he was solid, I just think a more proven matchwinner would probably have been the spark that could have gotten is over the line.
You hit the nail on the head. Big names win Big games and that is why we went for Pearce . Its only game 1 and I hope it dosen't take too long for us to have a 5/8 that can dominate a game a bit more .
I heard a rumour that we were looking for a 5/8 in the English super league

Lachlan and Jarrod Croker are cousins, not brothers. Not even sure if they are first cousins, I think its more like 2nd or 3rd.

Errors and penalties have been our biggest problems for at least three years, probably more. Seems like we've never learned that by controlling possession, you control the flow of the game. We always seem to make the game harder than it ought to be.

I was impressed how we stayed with them after the early 4-1 penalty count and those penalties got em out of their 20 every time . We could have won in extra time but their 10 metres was about 8 and ours was about 13 when going for the FG .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2