Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round01,2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Again we placed ourselves under extreme pressure..ill discipline/back chatting, incorrect play the balls and handling errors. I only watched the second half but must say our forwards ripped arse and our defence held firm on the line under sustained attack. Kelly showed great skill to score and saved a certain try.. Am disappointed but not devastated. Really exciting game. Look forward to next game ! Hopefully they will play a bit smarter..

I'm so filled with rage atm, dce's worst game in a while.
That said I'm proud of the effort shown by all, errors killed us tonight.
We were the better side, but Newcastle hung in there and capitalized on our errors.
Promising year ahead imo.

AFB, Kapow and Kelepi rolled them and offloaded at will...add Lane to that.
Very rarely do you out power the middle and lose the game.
Jakes and Api’s Defence was massive and thought Croker tackles well besides some handling issues.
Once they learn to play off the back of this will win plenty....

Croker didn't look out of place. I wonder if that's because he basically looks and plays like a younger version of Blake Green (but at the same speed).

Not a bad go for only his second game in the top grade, but I honestly hope he gets better.

We were rusty and undisciplined, but it was an ok game quite a few positives to take despite the loss. On to next week, its a long season.

We do need more than 1 option for a field goal however...

Terrible coaching only playing 15

Baz played a 15 man Team tonight - not sure why :wondering:

Because he still had a fat from watching last nights game, If you don't bleed maroon and white , you don't feel the pain of losing..!!

Game went as expected.. Im not disappointed overly cos i just knew it was coming.. Manly are the definition of an average team this year... Some great players mixed with average players.. And our bench is absolutely attrocious... We will beat top teams, we will lose to crap teams, we will be middle of the road all season long.. Maybe next year we will splurge on a 5/8

Its not panic stations yet however, what kills me is that this is more than a simple first up loss. Newcastle will give away a cheap 2 points to most of the teams in the comp so that loss will compound on us all year. We were putrid and direction less, I can only hope we hit a vein of form like we did last year. Croker took absolutely zero pressure off DCE and seeing as the kick DCE missed could have won us the game we need a f098ingh kicker!!!! Big improvement needed against Parra next week.

all runs - N 161 M 156
All run mtrs - N 1141 M 1431
Post contact mtrs - N 273 M 383
Line breaks - N 3 M 4

not dominant at all...........

Yeh it's pretty sad when the coach thinks we only have 3 decent reserves. He whinges we only have 28 squad members but play 16 players... go figure.
Done that plenty of times last year.

Welcome to game 1, 2018. TBH was there a point in that game that you thought... Send in Winterstein and Poo ?
I think Frankie turned up in xtra time.

Poo should have been in reggies, and Perret/Frank should have been in the rotation.

Live and learn.

DCE
Welcome to game 1, 2018. TBH was there a point in that game that you thought... Send in Winterstein and Poo ?
I think Frankie turned up in xtra time.

Poo should have been in reggies, and Perret/Frank should have been in the rotation.

Live and learn.

And we're still waiting for Baz to "learn" and drop Poo

Don't know what game a lot of you were watching. We did a lot of dumb things and their were a lot of penalties, deserved and not deserved that went against us but I take heart from that loss.

Great defence over a long period in the second half. Cherry can kick goals under pressure. Some good stuff from the bench. Croker didn't disgrace himself.

I'm happy with this game; it was assholes and elbows and we did well against a motivated team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2